• Published 14th Nov 2016
  • 1,006 Views, 9 Comments

Parents - Script Singer

  • ...
4
 9
 1,006

(6) Manticore

The sun rose as Applejack laid with Apple Bloom. She slowly opened her eyes as the sun reached her coat. She forgot her sister was there and bumped her as she stretched and rubbed her eyes.

The unexpected contact quickly reminded her of who she was beside. "Applejack...?" she mumbled.

"Hmm?".

"I wanna go home."

"I know Apple Bloom, but it might take us a while to get back to Sweet Apple Acres."

Apple Bloom stared into the horizon. A Tear fell from her face.

"I want Granny... I miss Big Mac..."

"I know."

Applejack pulled her sister closer to her chest and hugged her.

"We'll find a way back. I promise."

Many hours passed. Applejack and Apple Bloom didn't dare leave the cave, for they didn't wish to find a creature and get into more trouble. As they waited, the sun slowly set and the moon rose.

Apple Bloom stood at the entrance of the cave. As she stared at the sky, Two shooting stars fell from the sky. She knew in her heart that it was her parents. Applejack walked up to her sister and gave her a hug.

Applejack and Apple Bloom huddled close together. It was colder than the night before.

Applejack heard something out in the distance.

Applejack! Apple Bloom! Where are you?

Applejack carefully got up so she would not wake up her sister. She looked out of the entrance and her eyes opened wide at who she saw.

"Granny, Big Mac, up here!" she yelled out, flailing her arms to get their attention.

All the ruckus woke up Apple Bloom. She walked up to her sister and had the same reaction.

She also began to flail her arms and try to get their attention.

Big Mac turned to their direction before looking behind him to call out, "They're over here, Granny!"

He got out his rope and lassoed it to Applejack. She caught it and found a rock to tie it on.

Applejack hurried and climbed down the rope. She began to lose her grip from being too eager to get down and slipped. She clung to the rope.

"Big Mac!" Applejack yelled.

Apple Bloom tried to climb down to help her sister.

"I've gotcha, Applejack!" Big Mac stood under the rope. Applejack slowly opened her eyes. She let go of the rope and fell on top of her brother. He let out a grunt as she made impact. Apple Bloom made her way down and Applejack caught her.

She smiled. The two sisters turned to their Granny Smith. They ran up to her with tears in their eyes and hugged her close. They knew if they were with Granny and Big Mac, they were safe.

"We were so worried about you two youngins! We thought we lost you too!" Granny cried.

Apple Blooms face had worn a frown since she first ran up to her Granny.

"I'm so sorry, Granny! I shouldn't of gone out too far! I... I... I'm so sorry!" she cried.

"I missed you so much Granny!" Applejack sobbed, "I was so scared of loosing her too! I should of gotten you or Big Mac!"

They hugged granny tighter.

"Why are you two apologizing? Don't be sorry for what you did. You're here now, safe and sound."

Big Mac joined in the hug. When they all grew apart, Applejack stared at her brother. Without a warning, she pounced onto him for a hug. After a few seconds she finally let him go.

With the reunion over, they turned to the direction of home.

But before they could even go a few feet forward there was a loud roar. A manticore jumped out of the bushes. Granny jumped in front of it.

"Go!" she yelled. "Get to the farm! I'll be fine!"

"I won't let you do this alone!" Big Mac yelled. He stood up next to Granny.

"Go, we'll catch up!"

Applejack picked up her sister and ran as fast as her hooves could go. They could hear the roars and grunts from behind them.

A few minutes passed, that felt like hours.

(Meanwhile...)

"Granny look out!" Big Mac pointed out.

Granny looked behind her. The manticore swiped his paw at him. Big Mac jumped in the middle of the two. The manticore made contact with his body. Big Mac let out a cry of pain but managed to buck the monster in the face. The manticore whimpered and ran off into the forest.

Granny looked at her grandson.

"Big Mac, are you alright?!" she asked, hoping he wasn't hurt too badly. There was no response.

Blood was all over his coat. His breaths were slow and weak. Granny Smith tried to carefully carry him back to the farm.

When she was in eyesight of the farm, she saw Applejack and Apple Bloom waiting at the entrance.

Apple Bloom tried to run up to them, but was stopped by her sister's hoof.

"Stay here." she said. Applejack walked up to granny, she could tell something was not right.

Applejack froze once she saw her brother. His breaths were even shallower. Granny carefully laid him down on the ground.

"I'll get him a blanket granny." Applejack said rushing into the house.

Applejack ran inside, soon returning with a blanket in her hooves. When she arrived back she placed it around her brother.

Apple Bloom walked up to them.

"What's goin' on?" she asked.

"Go get somepony at Instant Care!"

Apple Bloom hesitated for a moment.

"Now!"

She ran as fast as she could. Applejack stared at her brother. Tears fell from her face onto his cheeks.

Author's Note:

Speaking of stretching, *stretching* Ah that feels good... :twilightsmile: :rainbowwild: I was wanting to have this chapter be named lost, but maybe for another story... oh, well...