• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 4,093 Views, 87 Comments

I was just lonely ... - Rune Caster the First



After Chrysalis ran away from her reformed Hive, she feels all alone and lost in the world. However the Princess of Friendship and her student think that they can help their foe with her past.

  • ...
12
 87
 4,093

Waking Dream ... or Nightmare

If this was a nightmare, then it was one of the worst nightmares that Chrysalis'd ever had in her life so far. She was lying on a double bed in a room made out of crystal; could possibly have been in the Crystal Empire, but in the circumstances, was more likely in that purple goodie-four-hooves princess's castle. The second theory was enhanced by the presence of the aforementioned princess, and her equally annoying student: Starlight Glimmer.

Starlight Glimmer had very recently joined her mentor on the list of ponies that Chrysalis really hated. The rest of the Elements of Harmony were there too, including that wimpy yellow pegasus who was patting her head with wet towels. Chrysalis's first reaction was to attack the ponies, but her attempted lunge only resulted in lifting her head an inch and give a weak, short hiss. Rainbow Dash frowned.

"Seriously? That was it?!" she said, lifting an eyebrow. The blue pegasus's reaction only made the changeling angrier than before. Chrysalis attempted to cast a blast spell, only to feel the magic drain away. What the ... The big changeling was confused for a moment, before realisation dawned. Ohhh, right. They've blocked my magic. Turning her head from side to side, Chrysalis saw that her four hooves had been tied to the bedposts by glowing magical ropes. Judging from the fizzy sensation around her neck, another rope had been wound loosely around it too.

Please let it be a nightmare, she mentally begged. Losing her throne and children had been painful enough, but being completely helpless was even worse. The pain in her head spiked momentarily, causing the changeling to let a small groan.

Fluttershy immediately dipped one of the towels in a bowl of warm water that was next to Chrysalis's bed; folded it twice, and then lifted it, still dripping, towards the changeling's head. Seething with irritation at her present situation, Chrysalis snapped at Fluttershy's hooves. The yellow pegasus squeaked and dropped the towel.

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash flew towards the bed and stopped half a metre from the former Changeling Queen's face. "No need to throw a hissy fit, Bugface!" She suddenly snorted in laughter.

"Heh, hissy fit ... hissy ... hiss, get it?"

Everypony (and dragon) rolled their eyes. The former Changeling Queen copied them, feeling very fed up. Ugggh. Isn't it enough that I lost my throne and my children, come down with a terrible sickness, been immobilised in front of my enemies, without being mocked by that arrogant pegasus. Starlight then frowned.

"Rainbow, just because she's one of our worst enemies: that doesn't mean that we should taunt her like that." Starlight carried on talking. "Especially since she's very ill, and at our mercy." The blue pegasus was silent for a moment, and then sighed.

"Fine," she said. I'm ... sorry." The purple princess nodded with approval at Starlight. Suddenly Chrysalis felt very confused. Had that prissy, do-gooder pink unicorn just defended her? Why?!

She decided to think about it later, because at that moment: her stomach growled. 'Growl.' The ever-present, irritating need to feed on love, that usually stayed at the back of her mind, suddenly overwhelmed her. It seemed to blank out every single thought. That scared her.

"I ..." she said, and coughed immediately. Her throat felt like sandpaper, and her voice sounded very husky. "I ... feel ... hungry. I ... need ... some ... love. Twilight raised an eyebrow. "What's the magic word?" she said. Chrysalis wasn't really in the mood for criticism, but she let it pass because of her great hunger.

"Please ... please", she whispered, being actually polite for once in a long, long time. The ponies and dragon murmured among themselves, feeling unsettled by her pleading gaze. The purple alicorn smiled, and closed her eyes. Twilight's horn glowed brighter and brighter as a small orb of purple and white light formed at its tip. The tall changeling stiffened at this, instantly wary of what she perceived as a spell, benign or hostile.

The orb suddenly leaped towards Chrysalis, floating down to land on her head ... and then disappeared. The changeling suddenly felt lightheaded and dizzy, but in a good way this time. Mmmm.

It was the most delicious love that she'd tasted in a very long time. I haven't experienced love like that since ... oh, never mind. She sighed, her hunger pains lessened slightly.

"See", the purple alicorn said, "if you ask nicely, you stand a good chance of getting what you want." The big changeling snapped out of her love-induced delectable food trance.

"Oh yes, that's right!" Chrysalis scoffed, regarding the ponies around her with derision. "I'VE asked nicely in the past, and LOOK where it's got me!" Her face contorted into a snarl of contempt. "Abandoned by my mutated children, completely helpless in the castle of the royal nerd, literally sick to my stomach ..."

The big changeling stopped, feeling shivers. She felt sudden dizziness come over her, and then winced again. The group of friends all looked at each other and then back at Chrysalis, with disbelieving expressions.

"You sure about that?" Applejack questioned, adjusting her hat with one hoof. "Tryin' to invade Equestria twice doesn't seem nice ta me." Rarity huffed.

"Well I, for one, am well acquainted with the concept of being nice, and your concept is ... just ... unacceptable

"Whoa nelly!" muttered Applejack. You asked for it, Chrysalis, she thought.

"Kidnapping us and throwing in those icky pods, wasn't asking nicely, it was ... BRUTISH ... RUDE ... UNCIVILISED AND JUST WHAT I EXPECT FROM A DESPICABLE WITCH LIKE YOU!!" The white unicorn took some deep breaths: in ... out ... in ... out ...

"Besides", she said, looking at her mane. "Do you know just how damage that horrid slime did to my coiffure?! I had to spend hours restoring it, couldn't leave my boutique for ages." Again, everybody else rolled their eyes. Chrysalis was staring at Rarity, momentarily speechless. One second, she's screaming at me like a banshee, the next; quibbling about her mane?! Oh someone, please get me out of here. These ponies are crazy!

Feeling overwhelmed by all of this, the big changeling just sighed and turned her head away. A few moments later, a yellow hoof holding some strange kind of bark arrived in front of her face. Chrysalis screwed up her face in disgust. She disliked eating plants, and bark was definitely on her 'food to avoid at all cost' list.

"Now, stop it." The yellow pegasus came fully into view, wearing a strict but understanding expression. "You have a very bad fever and you need treatment", she said firmly. "Open up, please." How about no, the changeling thought. Her gaze slid away from Fluttershy's, only to get caught by Twilight's own.

"You know, if you really want to get better, you should take the medicine", said the purple alicorn. Chrysalis didn't like others telling her what to do normally; but at present, her mind just said 'oh, hang it all', and so she, grudgingly, ate the piece of bark.

The moment that she did, a great weariness came over her, and she just wanted ... wanted to sleep. Fear welled up inside Chrysalis as her world turned black, but she felt a pair of soft hooves patting her own. It feels nice. With that thought, Chrysalis slept.

Starlight looked down upon the sleeping changeling with some curiosity. When sleeping, Chrysalis didn't look that scary ... actually, she looked harmless, even cute. The pink unicorn blushed at that thought. She heard Fluttershy gave a little 'hmmm', and turned to see the shy pegasus beckoning to her and the other ponies (and dragon), and pointing to the door.

"Um, she needs peace and quiet, so ... come on, girls." With nods, the rest of the Mane 6, Starlight and Spike followed her outside.

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter. I'm really sorry about the wait, everyone. I promise to be quicker with future chapters. :pinkiehappy: