• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 623 Views, 8 Comments

Bullies - Waterwalker



What happens to a young mare who can't take bullying anymore.

  • ...
 8
 623

ENOUGH!

She cried and ran and cried and ran.

"I just want to get away from all these horrible ponies in this horrible village."

She could barely see through the tears but she kept on running…

Running....

Running...

Running…

Even when all of her muscles screamed at her to stop, she kept on. Still running.

Running…

Running…

Running…

"I am never going back there again... ever!" she shouted over the oncoming storm.

And just when she thought she had had enough of this awful place it managed to reach out to her and snag her by her feet.

With a crashing fall, she hit the ground. Pain shooting through her, she rolled over onto her back and cried.

Just then a flash of light… then a crack of thunder! "Oh great... now what?"

And when you say things like that --- it starts to rain.

And there she is: with scrapes and bruises, crying.

After a few agonizing moments she looked around to find some shelter, but soon realizes that she had run right into...

The Everfree forest.

She was splayed out alongside the bank of the mighty river.

"Well… this is it. How am I ever going to get out of here?"


And through her misery, her sobs, and the storm, she hears a voice -- a deep but calming male voice: "Quick! Get over here! I will take you to shelter."

"Who are you? Where are you?" she shouted, desperately trying to look through her teary eyes.

"I’m over here!"

She snapped her head around to see a large -- very large -- cream-colored stallion standing in the river.

"What are you doing in the river?" she called out to the stallion, her expression turning confused.

"Come over here and get on my back... crossing this river is the only way to safety!" was his reply.

With another flash of lightning she could see him. He wore a look of concern, his eyes sparkled, and his smile had an instant calming effect.

"Please trust me! Or we will both perish!"

Just then, another bolt of lightning hit a tree not more than a rock throw distance.

And with that crashing sound, she bolted upright, jumping with what strength she had...

and...

somehow managed to land across the stallion's back.

"Hold on as best you can," he said.

With that, the two of them started to ford the raging waters.

Through her tears, she said, "We aren't going to make it... we'll drown."

"We will make it," the stallion replied in a stern voice, "Just keep hanging onto me!"

She marveled at how he could wade across this fast moving, rippling river without slipping or faltering. The current just barely pushed him downstream.

Through her fears she felt something strange about it his coat. His hair was velvety soft. His body radiated a warming heat that only came from special magic.

After what seem like hours, they finally reached the other side. She stood up on shaky legs, and with as much strength as she could muster, she jumped off of the stallion’s back and managed to land on the muddy embankment.

As she turned to look back at him, he said "Look ahead and you will see a cottage with a light in the window. Go there and you will be treated well."

"Aren't you coming?" She asked. But as she turned to look at him what she saw was most shocking! For he was changing color... from cream to a translucent dark blue, and as he changed color, he started to melt into the water.

"Wait! What's happening to you?" she screamed.

"I will be alright. You make sure that you make it to the cottage." The stallion said in a warm voice, “There you will find Zecora. She will help you."

With a quivering voice "But what about you?"

As his body fully melted into the water, he said, "Always remember that whatever happens in your life -- good or bad -- you will always have friends with you. To laugh with or cry with… to care… to help."

And with that, the large pony melted into the water.

Scared witless, she scampered up the the crooked pathway, through the wind and rain, towards the inviting light of the cottage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finishing the last of the hot cocoa, the shivering pony said, "Zecora, a stallion helped me get here! He... he just disappeared into the water!"

"Oh! It was Water Walker... the one that is our father. The father that does not falter. He gives old-style help with the youth of a whelp,” the cottage’s resident zebra, Zecora, said, "Water is he. And water he remains, waiting to help those who have no hope."

Author's Note:

It is my hope that this story has made you feel better. Know that you have friends here, and that you are loved.

I wish to thank Jack Ranger for his proofreading, as well as suggestions.