• Published 18th Sep 2016
  • 1,201 Views, 45 Comments

A Ghost in need - Bronycommander



March 1946. Germany is close to victory. A young recruit at Castle Wolfenstein finds something he would never expect

  • ...
2
 45
 1,201

Chapter 10 Old Town

Chapter 10: Old town

“Head for the Church ruins. Helga’s gotta be there. Whatever she’s doing its bad you gonna stop it. Than snatch the goddamn folder. Only one more hill, Billy boy. Only one more,” B.J. talked to himself.

He destroyed the Gate. Some Shambler, were alerted by this. One tried to climb up to the cockpit to attack Ruby, but Helmut killed him before he could harm her. “Get away from her!” Helmut screamed in rage.

After the Shamblers were dead, Helmut shot the ropes that were holding the bridge. After the gate was destroyed, they saw a lone Soldier fighting Shamblers. “Die, you ugly Monsters!” But then, his rifle was out of ammo. Helmut threw a grenade to kill the group of Shamblers.

“Hans! I’m so glad to see you!”

“Same here. And you’re brought reinforcements.” He was also glad that Ruby was alright.

Where’s Bernd?”

“He set up a defense in a building just around the corner.”

More Shamblers came out of a destroyed building. Hans shot at a canister on a destroyed Kübelwagen. He exploded and took the Shamblers with him.

“Fire!” They heard Bernd scream as they saw that more Shamblers fell from the sky.

He and two other Soldiers had barricaded themselves in a building. But there were too many undead. One Soldier struggled with a Shambler for his rifle, but had no chance as he was killed. The other one was killed by a charging Shambler. Bernd’s handgun was out of ammo. He closed his eyes ready to die.

Suddenly, there was a stomping noise and gunshots. Bernd, you’re alright?” Helmut was worried about him.
“I’m fine.” He was also glad to see Ruby.


“Who are you?” He wondered who the man on the Laderoboter was.

“B.J. Blazkowicz U.S. military. I’m here to stop Helga, are you in?”

“Of course, grab some supplies.” He reloaded his handgun. B.J. helped Ruby to climb down. She spotted a letter. Curious, she read it.

My dearest daughter, Julia
Writing this letter, hoping to deliver it myself. I fear that will not be the case.
That morning all those months ago. It was so difficult to part from you. I hope you understand this. Forgive me. But my obligation to fight for the fatherland compels me.
I am locked inside a house. I have barricaded myself from the monsters walking around outside. I have food to last me for a couple of Days. Maybe, if God wills it, I will survive. But I think not.
Eberhard used dynamite to open a stone door. It was a disaster. One of our men, Fritz, was hit by debris falling from the cave ceiling. Then, something began leaking out of the opening. Some kind of gas. Fritz died later that night from his head wound. I was with him all the time. When I left, I heard a strange awful shrieking and the medic who was taking care of him started screaming. I ran back over there and I saw him! Fritz! He was standing up again! He had been dead just seconds ago, I assure you my daughter! He was moving strangely, shambling towards the medic, swiping at him with hands formed like claws. The poor man tried to defend himself, but the dead thing tore his throat out.
I know this sounds horrible, but I need to write it down. You are old enough to handle this.
I managed to escape with a few of the others. One of the scientists from the expedition told me that the green gas was some kind of “biochemical agent”. It infects the brain of recently dead. Causes them to be trapped in a dead-alive state, only focused on death and destruction. He rambled on about using this gas in war, but I stopped listening at that point. He was killed a few hours later.
I miss you, my beloved daughter. I will do my best to stay alive. But I want you to know that if I do not live to see you graduate from the League of German Girls, know that I will forever be with you, in your heart.
Your loving father,
Helmut.

This reminded Ruby so much of her father. “I promise I will take this letter to Julia.” She thought to herself.

Bernd had opened the gate for them. Ruby climbed with the help of B.J in the cockpit and he smashed the gate. Again, some Shamblers waited for them. But they were no problem, as B.J used the arms of the Laderoboter to smash them.
Helmut searched the Key for the Door that leaded to the switch that opened the gate to the church. After he killed an undead civilian in his former house, he found the key only to be contacted by Kessler.

“Are you still there, Helmut?”

“I’m here, Kessler. What’s your status?”

“Status is airborne. I took over a zeppelin. Flying it to berlin to spread the flyers.”

“You’re crazy as a loon, Kessler.”

“I know I will not make it out alive. It’s a strange feeling. To meet your end with determination. But I feel a sense of, what’s the word…? ‘Glückseligkeit…’ Bliss. I hope that someday, you will know this too.”

“I hope so too.”

B.J. and Ruby waited outside when a transmission reached them. “Hello? Can you hear me, Mr. B.J.?”

“I hear you, Annette.”

“I think I found my friend. She’s locked inside this big house. There’s a back way. I will save her.”

“Just…”

“No time, Mr. B.J. Have to run. And take care of her.”

“I will. Just be careful.”

“I got the key.” Helmut opened the Door. Two Shamblers fell from the Sky but Hans and Bernd shot them before they could get up.
“You stay behind us, Ruby. You will return to your mother Safe and sound, that I promise.” Helmut was ready so sacrifice his life for her if necessary.

But there were many Shamblers. They were either falling from the sky or came out of the burning basements windows of the burning buildings.

“Where’s a human zombie killer when you need one?!” Hans asked as he fired his rifle.

B.J. grabbed an MG 46. “Get out of my way!” He said before firing it. The power of the MG was enough to kill any Shamblers that came into their way.

After they reached the switch, B.J. got with Ruby on the Laderoboter while Helmut opened the gate. At the Ruins, B.J. used the Robot to climb over. Ruby, Helmut, Hans and Bernd, followed him, ready to meet the secret that was buried in the ground.

Author's Note:

They reached the dig site. What kind of dark secret will they find?