• Published 18th Sep 2016
  • 1,201 Views, 45 Comments

A Ghost in need - Bronycommander



March 1946. Germany is close to victory. A young recruit at Castle Wolfenstein finds something he would never expect

  • ...
2
 45
 1,201

Epilogue

Epilogue

Ruby and Helmut woke when they heard someone saying, “Jesus Christ. Corpses everywhere.” The voice had a Scottish accent. It was a male voice. The man removed the debris from them.

“Here he is.”

Fergus.” B.J. was glad to see him.

He, Ruby and Helmut were still buried under debris, so Fergus said to a comrade “Come on! Give me a hand, you lazy bastard!”

After B.J. was free, he helped to get the debris off Ruby and Helmut. “Why are you helping him? He is one of them!”

“He’s a friend of mine. And he helped me to get the folder. He is a Soldier of the Regime but he deserves a second chance. And Ruby too. How are you, Helmut?”

"Just a Headache but otherwise fine.” Ruby had not a scratch. Still she had also a Headache.

Fergus leaded them out to a jetty. “Well, we are going separate ways now. Thank you for your help.” “

You’re welcome, Blazkowicz.” Helmut looked a while after B.J. and Fergus before they were out of sight.

Ruby smiled when she saw that Annette had found her friend. They were hugging each other. “Come on, miss. We have to get you out of here.” An Allied Soldier said to them. Ruby noticed a young woman that looked like she was searching something.

“Have you seen my father?” She asked desperately.

“You are Julia, right? Your father wanted me to give you this.” Ruby gave her the letter. Julia started to cry, but Ruby hugged her to cheer her up.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Ruby!” her friends cried and hugged her.

“You’re alright! I was so worried!"

“We were in the same house were Annette’s friend was. But our parents are dead.” Laura started to cry but Helmut hugged her.

“Sorry to hear that. But I will take care of you.”

“Thank you!” Both said happy. They walked through the remains of Wulfburg until they were blinded by a white light.

In front of them were Princess Celestia and Mitta. “Mommy!”

“Ruby!” Ruby hugged her mother with tears in her eyes.

"I missed you so much! I was afraid I would never see you again, Mommy!”

“I am also glad to see you. And I’m sorry for not be able to safe you.”

“Stop blaming yourself, you did what you could. Wait a second…”

Ruby then noticed that her mother was no longer a zombie. She had her light grey coat and dark red mane. “Mommy! You are no longer one of them!”

“That’s right. After you helped Apple Bloom out of the Town, she told her friends to get help. They destroyed the curse with the Elements of Harmony. Since I was the only one who was fighting against it, I was freed from it and got a second chance. And you get it too when we are home again. Who are you?” She asked Helmut who tried to hold back tears.

My name is Neumann. Helmut Neumann. I took care of your daughter until you arrived.”

“And we’re her friends Julian and Laura.”

“Thank you, for taking care of her. What happened here?” Mitta saw the collapsed and still burning buildings.

“I think it is better when you tell us that in Equestria.”

“That is a good idea miss…”

“Princess Celestia. But Celestia is just fine.” Her horn glowed white and they vanished.

They were now in Apple Bloom’s home. She greeted Ruby with a big smile. “Hello Ruby and welcome to my home.”

“Apple Bloom! I‘m so glad that you made it out alive!”

“And we wanted to thank you for your help.” Ruby saw a Mare with orange coat, a blond mane and green eyes. She was wearing a brown Stetson hat. She had three red apples as Cutie Mark. Next to her were a large stallion with a red coat, also green eyes and an orange mane. He had a green apple as Cutie Mark. Next to him was an elderly Mare with a lime green coat, white mane and also orange eyes. She had an Apple pie as Cutie Mark.

“Ah’m Applejack, the big sister of Apple Bloom. This is her big brother Big McIntosh also called Big Mac for short,”

“Eeyup.”

“And her grandmother Granny Smith.”

"Howdy there.”

“Sorry to interrupt, but can you tell us what happened, my dear?” Mitta asked her daughter. She shivered at the memories but Celestia putted a wing over her.

“You don’t have to tell us my dear subject, here, let me try something.” Her horn light up and touched her forehead.

Everypony could now saw what Ruby had been through. Mitta hugged her daughter to comfort her. “It’s over. You’re safe.”

“Mommy?”

“Yes, my dear daughter?”

“Since Helmut and my friends have lost their homes and parents, I thought they could live with us.”

“That’s a great Idea. What do you think?”

“Yes, I would love it.”

“We too.” Laura replied.

“You can live with us until your home in Ponyville is build.”

“Thank you Miss Applejack. Ruby, do you agree with that? Ruby?”

Mitta saw how her daughter was tickled by Apple Bloom and her human friends. “Please, stop it!” She laughed. Mitta smiled at the cute sight. Suddenly Ruby and Mitta were surrounded by a white light, blending everyone.

After it vanished, Laura exclaimed, "Ruby! Your eyes, they’re normal again!” Instead of yellow glowing eyes, she had normal yellow eyes.

“Mitta, you got your Cutie Mark!” Apple Bloom pointed to her flank. It was a heart protected by a shield.

“Guess my special talent is to protect those I love and care for.” Mitta smiled happy to have her Cutie Mark.

“If I can ask you you’re Highness, how you did you find her?”

“After we used the Elements of Harmony, a path of Magic showed us the way to her. It was left after Ruby helped Apple Bloom.”

"Oh, okay.” Helmut smiled that Ruby was reunited with her mother. He was sad about his mother, but he knew that she would stay alive in his heart. Forever.


A few years later

Helmut was helping Mitta in the new built house. Ruby and her friends became members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and good friends of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. They were also in the same school class as them. Ponyville accepted Helmut.

“Mommy, Daddy, we’re home!” Ruby called out.

“Welcome home. I made some pretzels for you. How was school?”

“Great!” Helmut was not married with Mitta, but for Ruby, he was her surrogate father. And for Julian and Laura their surrogate parents.

After they were finished with their meal, they went to the club house of the CMC. Helmut looked after them with a smile until they was out of sight.

Helmut didn’t care how the war ended. But he was wondering what happened to Blazkowicz and Annette.

But for now he enjoyed his new life. And he knew that his parents would be proud of him.

He also knew he would love every moment with Ruby. Her yellow eyes, her smile, everything. The same applied to Julian and Laura
And that he did knew that even in death, that Ruby’s father loved her, and Julian’s and Laura’s parents would love them.

And Helmut was sure that Bernd and Hans would guard them from above. He knew he could count on them. Always.

Author's Note:

There we are. End of the Line.
As we never knew what happened to Ruby and Mitta after the game ended, I thought that Ruby and Mitta should get a second chance.

And I could imagine that Apple Bloom wants that Ruby becomes a member of the CMC even if she already has her Cutie Mark. As finding things is her special talent, she should find Apple Bloom's, Scootaloo's and Sweetie Belle's special talents in no time! Right?

Comments ( 26 )

7844945 Thank you, I forgot to add that Ruby is from the game Story of the blanks:twilightsheepish::facehoof:

8216429
I realise. Still, it wouldn’t take her long to realise these aren’t the same creatures and that would, at least, make her a little more hopeful.

8216443
Right. The Lighting condictor, i'm Not Really Sure myself if that Works, as the 1946 Soldiers are always Seen in Areas where the Eye shouldn't be able to hit them. As as you could Read on the Wiki that it is Never Seen in the old Blood, I came up that it is Standard equipment

8216450
Fair enough.
I suppose, considering it supposed to protect you from getting your head electrocuted, one can’t be faulted from taking precautions.

8217049
In case you overlooked the link to the scene on the note, here it is

8220702
Well, considering she was raised in the Cervine language, she could be forgiven.

8220984
Yeah, for Ruby i had the idea that she has a Foreign Accent due Sunny Town being in the everfree Forest

8221006
What sort of equivalent would that be then, would you say?

8221008
Never thought about it.

8229022
like "helmet", like i sed "bad joke"

8236173
I realise that. Still, having her struggle to overcome that fear in the face of her friends experiencing the same makes her more impressive.

8236191
Agreed. Need to think about it how he could bring her to give him the infomation without pressing the button. I want that doesn't suffer from it but still tells him what he wants to know

8236195
I wouldn't say the accent itself needs describing. Leave it up to the audience.

What if the assault on deathshead's compound is a success and the allies managed to turn the tide of the war once again

It's their last chance, their last chance to take down the nazis. Not to mention you had had no choice but to either kill Fergus or Wyatt :fluttershysad::raritycry:

8608008
Yeah but as we both know, it would eventually fail.

8627262
Indeed, i thought she deserved a Second chance

Meanwhile on the allies western front:

"I am not going out there."

"I'm not going out there."

"Ha ha I'm definetley- aw."

"Sorry bro."

"2 weeks from retirement."

"Good luck hahahaha hahahaha" "CRUNCH" "OW MY FOOT!"

Here watch this

11738563
okay, though i do not get how this is connected to my story

11738599
It's a joke.

This is not meant to be taken seriously.

What is it with you people these days?

11743916
i can take a joke, i was just confused how your comment is supposed to be realed to the story

Login or register to comment