• Published 5th May 2017
  • 1,061 Views, 18 Comments

Spitfire: Parlour Tricks - delicate-danger



It's Spitfire's day off - what's the worst that could happen? She's Captain of the Wonderbolts, after all.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,061

Not for Amateurs

Author's Note:

Rated Teen for Spitfire and Soarin's dialogue, plus other things. :raritywink:

A gold hoof slapped repeatedly at the alarm shrilling in her ears, and Spitfire snorted in angry dismal as the clock clattered to the floor. The ringing stopped somewhat suspiciously, and she pressed a hoof to her forehead as she realized she'd probably broken it. Again. And while she seriously contemplated lying in bed the whole day with the warmth of the sun tickling her coat; it would be a waste of time. Something she hated, hated doing - there was so much that could be done on a day like today. What a day it was, too. Even better, it was her day off.

Kicking uselessly at the tangled sheets with her back hooves, she winced as a feather poked her between her shoulder blades. She really was going to have to remind her flatmate to keep to his own room - damn Soarin always pushed the boundaries when they were off-duty. Which included her personal boundaries ... her eyes narrowed in anger and embarrassment as she recalled what he'd done last night. And that was only last night, not the previous other one million cases of her second-in-command being an awful flirt when he didn't have his gob in a pie.

Sure enough, the annoying feather was a very pale blue, and her orange eyes threatened to burn holes in it as she successfully freed herself from her bed. Stepping carefully around the remains of her dead alarm clock, she staggered into the bathroom, hoofsteps echoing dully on the smooth cloudstone floor. Dunking her head into the soft fluffiness that was their rain cloud shower, Spitfire muffled a sigh as she tapped it to start the flow of water. And immediately wished she could strangle that stallion with her bare hooves. He'd used up all the hot water.

It's going to be one of those days off, isn't it? she reflected bitterly. Celestia's sake! Can I never catch a break?

After cooling off - quite literally - she followed her nose downstairs. She found Soarin standing in their galley kitchen; and he must have heard her because his ears swiveled in her direction. Her feathers ruffled as he pivoted towards her and she fought the urge to kick him in the teeth. Instead, she just let her tail flick from side to side in an aggravated manner and settled for eyeballing holes in his head.

"Morning, Sparky. You rested?" Some greeting she got.

"Jump off a cliff, Clipper. I don't have the energy to deal with your sauce."

"...Must've used it up last night, huh? What were you trying to do - set me ablaze?"

Spitfire snorted angrily, ears flattening slightly. "Get me drunk again, and I swear, Soarin, you're on probation for six months."

A whistle of surprise. "Geez, Cap, chill out. It was just a little bit of fun."

"A little bit of - Soarin! If anypony ever found out, it'd all go up in smoke!" she exclaimed in exasperation.

"And?" he queried. "It's our business, not theirs."

She would have snapped something furious at him, but he was looking at her sideways, which never boded well. Watching him a little nervously as he trotted closer, she scuffed a hoof on the floor, ears flicking back and forth uncertainly. Damn him - he was doing it again. She could have ... should have blasted him for this, but he was too good and he knew it. He had too much information he could use.

"Soarin -"

A hoof pressed to her lips gently, cutting her off. "Ssh... Just let it happen."

He removed it, but his eyes never left her as he circled her, assessing and teasing. She shied away, skittish, as he draped his tail over her back, trailing the tip down her flank. Oh, not again. Suppressing a shiver, she bit her lip as he nimbly ran a hooftip between her shoulderblades and shook her head despairingly. Thank goodness he never let on about this to the other members of the team. She'd never live it down - her, the Captain, in such a state over something Soarin just happened to discover; and use with great skill. Embarrassing.

His muzzle swept in an arc down the side of her neck, teeth grazing the skin as he got lower. Her eyelids drooped beneath his ministrations, soaking up the affection like it was water to a raincloud. Her entire body slumped, primary feathers brushing the floor; and she exhaled as he trotted around to face her, eyes warm pools of green. She knew what came next, but like always at this point, she didn't care. Might as well.

Despite herself, she melted into the kiss, wrapping a hoof around her flatmate's neck, before rearing up on her back hooves and pulling him closer. Backing up, she felt him grin as her back hit the wall, feathers quivering from emotion. Her free forehoof lingered on his chest as he broke the kiss, smile a mile wide. It was definitely a love-hate relationship, but they were working on it. Privately, of course. And slowly.

"I hate you," she breathed. "I hate you so much it hurts."

Soarin quirked a brow, laughing. "That's not what you said last night, Sparky. Quite the opposite, in fact."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up and just kiss me already."

A chuckle. "If you insist."

He kissed her again alright, trailing a smouldering line down her neck and chest, making her bite her tongue and squirm in place. Tipping her head back, she felt his hoof running through her mane, and sighed. Damn him. Damn him to Tartarus. But who said he got to have all the fun? Her eyes snapped open as he blinked hazily at her, and she allowed herself to fall forward. She wanted to drive him insane.

He caught her with a surprised grunt, gasping as her teeth nipped at his exposed throat. Watching him through half-lidded eyes, Spitfire ran teasing hooves along his sides, drawing it out as she explored the muscle beneath his coat. Lean, firm muscle that twitched under her dexterous touch, making her giggle. The poor stallion - he looked like he was torn between enjoying it and berating her for her actions.

Soarin seemed utterly startled when she pounced, pressing her lips to his with enthusiasm. So startled, in fact, that he couldn't stop his reaction. The sound of delight that erupted from his chest was music to her ears, and delicious payback. Especially since last night. Swishing her tail from side to side in amused satisfaction, she broke the contact, and winked at him as she stepped aside, leaving him lying there gasping for breath. Snickering, she blew a lock of messy hair out of her eyes, watching as he sat up and glared daggers at her head.

"Traitor," he growled, narrowing his eyes.

She waved a dismissive hoof and chuckled. "Oh, please. Don't give me that - you enjoyed it."

"That may be true, but that doesn't mean you can rub it in."

She merely laughed and trotted away; humming to herself. A little extra persuasion had him scrambling upright and galloping after her, but she just smirked as she grabbed her goggles, slinging them about her neck and flicking him across the muzzle with the tip of her tail. He lunged, but she'd already skipped out the door and slammed it behind her. As a result, he crashed head-first into the cloudstone rubble door, yelping in shock. Spitfire snickered, perhaps a little mean-spiritedly, and leapt into the air, pumping her wings. He'd catch up.

And as it turned out, her day off wasn't so bad after all. Snuggled into soft cloudstuff, she rested her head on his back; smiling.

It had been a good day. Everything she'd expected and more.