• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 1,533 Views, 30 Comments

MLP Z: The perfect creation - DryvernX



Peace has once again returned, after the defeat of both Tirek, and Starlight Glimmer. But now, some rejected scientists are working on creating the perfect creation, for Celestia's perfect downfall.

  • ...
5
 30
 1,533

Spike's family reunion

The Friendship Express was still on it's way to Canterlot. And Spike was still sitting inside the train cabin, along with numerous other pony passengers. The young drake was quite excited(but not Pinkie Pie level excited) to get to Canterlot, and visit his adopted family.

"It sure is be nice to pay a visit to mom today." Spike happily muttered, with a big dragon smile.

The smile soon ended through, which was replaced with a big sigh. "I just hope Blueblood isn't there to ruin my day off." Like most ponies(mostly stallions or other males), they despised Blueblood and his attitude. Spike was no exception. He knew Blueblood since he was colt, while he on the other hand had just hatched from his egg, and they hated each other since the beginning, despite that it's mainly Blueblood who despised Spike, than Spike despised him. And he knew that any mare who was unlucky to fall in love with him, will soon regret it once meeting him in person. Spike remembered that Rarity used to be one of his love victims back then, and wished to marry him for a very long time. Fortunately, once she knew how Blueblood truly was on the inside, her crush and love for him became null and void.

While Spike was satisfied that her love for Blueblood was erased, she was still oblivious about his love for her. Spike sighed. "While I do love Rarity. But does she even love me back?"

Spike thought back about his past times with Rarity. Back when he first met her with Twilight on their first day in Ponyvile. It was love at first sight for him. There was also the time at his birthday, where he generously gave away his fire ruby for her. And later on, Spike turned into a giant dragon out of his own greed. Rarity however managed to turn him back by telling him about his own generous side. He never forgot that day, and he regretted letting his greed get into his head, and wouldn't make that mistake twice.

But beside his Rarity thought, there's also been something else that's been bothering him. Something he's been thinking of, since he was born, something he haven't asked anypony before, and something nopony had actually answered him. Something that involved...

"Arrival to Canterlot in a few moments!" The train speakers screeched out.

Spike quitted his own thoughts once he heard the news, and started looking out of the window from his left side. He witnessed none other than the capital of Equestria. Canterlot, home to the rulers of Equestria, and his own adopted mother, Princess Celestia.

"Well enough about those thoughts for now. Now I just want to take a break, and enjoy my family reunion today." Spike said, as he prepared himself to get off the train, once it reached the station.

In a matter of minutes, the train reached one of it's destinations. The good old city Canterlot. The train conductor pulled his head out from the train, and starts screaming out to the passengers around.

"Those who wants to go to Canterlot, please step out!"

Spike jumped out from his seat, grabbed his suitcase, and started exiting the train cabin. "That's my cue." Soon, he had already stepped off from the train, and stood around the Canterlot train station.

"Alright. Now I can move on to mom's castle." Spike said, and then he walked away from his current position.

While Spike walked through Canterlot's streets, he noticed dozens, if not hundreds of the high class ponies walking around. Spike knew that most of them were either snobbish, selfish, or both at the same time. He knew it was usually best to ignore them, and move on.

While the young drake continued his path, he watched many ponies from the higher class, harassing the hard working waiters and stewardesses in a cafeteria around. They appeared to be unsatisfied about either their coffee or tea, and were quite demanding, about getting a perfect cup for it.

"Ouch, that's harsh. Good thing Rarity is nothing like Blueblood." Spike thought, while sweat dropping at the thought, of Rarity being a second Blueblood. That thought would haunt his mind for years, if his longtime crush was truly a snobbish, selfish, and tyrannical fashionista. But Spike knew Rarity was nothing like him, much to his relief.

"Better get moving. Before they complain anything about me." Spike mumbled, and ran off from the small scene.


After walking for quite a bit, he reached the Canterlot's castle, and home to his mother, Princess Celestia.

"I hope mom's excited to see me." Spike said with a smile. He walked toward the front gate, which was guarded by two armored pegasus soldiers. Right before Spike could get close to the gate, the two guards opened their wings, blocking Spike's path.

"Halt. State your business dragon." The left guard firmly ordered.

"I'm just here for a visit. And besides, I didn't do anything. So if you would please let me go in..." Spike replied, before getting cut off by the guard to his right.

"Dragons are vile greedy creatures. Now state your business here, or leave."

Spike however gave a smirk to both of them. "Do you know, that I have a little business with a certain princess of the sun?"

The left guard shook his head. "No. But what has that have to do with anything?"

"Because I am Princess Celestia's adopted son." Spike informed, which made the two guards quite nervous, at his statement. "And i'm only here for a family reunion. So would you please let me go through, or should I tell her?"

The two guards gave each other a nervous expression, as if they weren't sure if he was telling the truth or not. After thinking for a bit, both nodded to each, and once again gave the young drake a firm look.

"Your statement is a bit valid. But what is your proof, that you're the son, of the princess who raises the sun?" The right guard asked. Before Spike could reply, a voice came from behind.

"Stand your ground guards!" The voice exclaimed. The two guards looked back, and noticed Princess Luna behind them, giving them both a displeased look.

"P... Princess Luna? We were just..."

"Excuses, excuses. He's Celestia's son alright. Now let him go through." Princess Luna ordered, which made both the guards nod out of obedience.

"Right. Apologies son of Celestia." The left guard nodded, as the two guards returned their wings to their former position. As Spike's path was clear, he walked past them, and turned over to Luna.

"Hi aunt Luna. Thanks for backing me up there." Spike smiled to his adopted aunt.

Luna smiled back to him. "You're welcome my nephew. Guards these days can be quite protective."

"I know. How's it going with raising the moon?"

"I'm doing great. But i've been doing other things, besides raising the moon." Princess Luna informed, while giving a little blush.

"Really? What have you been doing lately?" Spike asked.

"My second in command, he's quite a charmer." Luna answered. "We've been hanging out doing my free time."

"So you're saying that you two've been having a... you know a special relationship?" Spike asked, which makes Luna blush deep red.

"What? No no. That's not it. We're just friends. That's all."

"Right..." Spike replied with a mischievous smile. "But anyway, where's mom? She would've mostly been the one who waited for me at the gate."

"Celestia's been having a few nightmares lately. She's right now drinking a cup of coffee, to calm her nerves." Princess Luna informed her dragon nephew. Spike was both a bit stunned and confused of it.

"Wow. That must've really hit her nerves a bit." Spike said. "Is she okay?"

Luna nodded. "Of course. She just needs to calm down a bit."

Spike sighed in relief. "Now that's a relief. Can I see her?"

"Of course. Follow me." Princess Luna said, and walked further into the castle. Spike followed right behind her.


Inside the castle kitchen, Princess Celestia was wearing her morning bathroom, her mane was a little worn off, while she was sipping with a cup of coffee. Celestia was still stunned from her nightmare she witnessed that night. She could barely sleep, or even get close to her bed, as she couldn't let the nightmare get out of her thoughts.

"That nightmare. It was truly astonishing." The solar princess thought, while taking a sip of her warm cup of coffee. "I haven't been so astonished from such a nightmare before. Almost like it's gonna become a reality someday."

As Princess Celestia drinked more of her coffee, a very special pony walked into the kitchen. Unfortunately through, it was a special pony Princess Celestia least wanted to check on her.

And much to her dismay, it was her nephew Blueblood. "Why good morning auntie Celestia. I had such a wonderful sleep yesterday. Almost if I was a little colt again."

Celestia sighed in annoyance, of her obnoxious nephew. "Well, good for you Blueblood. I had a really bad nightmare the last night."

"Really? Did it involve me getting eaten by a huge gross monster?" Blueblood asked, while not exactly paying attention to her.

"Thankfully not." Celestia muttered under her breath. She then noticed Blueblood glancing toward the kitchen staff.

"You there. Fetch me my lunch." Blueblood ordered a stewardess, who was working on cleaning the royal tables.

The stewardess sighed. "As you command Blueblood." She then went off, to get Blueblood's order.

Blueblood blinked to his aunt. "Now isn't this relaxing your mind aunt? Your dear nephew soon going to eat beside you, just like a family."

The princess sighed, and looked toward her nephew. "Actually Blueblood, what was going to help relax my nerves, was my adopted son paying me a visit today."

Blueblood's jaw dropped automatically at her words. "You mean the gem eating slob who visits you frequently?"

"That 'gem eating slob' is my son."

"Yes, an adopted son. He's not related to any of us through blood. Why not your handsome nephew? Why do you like him better?" Blueblood asked. Since he first met Spike since childhood, he had always seen Spike as a brick wall, to his 'bright' future life.

"Your obnoxious, spoiled, and uncontrollable selfish attitude is a good start why I love Spike better." Princess Celestia thought. Despite caring for her nephew, he wasn't exactly known for being her most cared family member. "But anyway, once he's here, you better behave yourself young stallion."

Blueblood gritted his teeth. "Sure. Whatever you say auntie."

The stewardess then arrived with Blueblood's order on a silver plate. "Here's your lunch sir. Grilled hay sandwich with..."

Blueblood scuffed at her, and knocked the plate off her hands, and right on her face. "Forget the lunch. I'm out of here."

As the spoiled prince stormed off, the stewardess dried off the sandwich remains from her face. Celestia sighed of her nephew's actions. "Sooner or later, you may learn to become a true gentle colt. But knowing you, it's probably later."

Then she heard a voice yelling nearby. "Mom. I'm home!"

Princess Celestia turned around, and saw her dragon son Spike running up to her. Celestia warmly smiled, as she stepped off from her chair, and kneeled down to his son's eyesight. Spike jumped into her arms, and happily hugged his adopted mother.

"Spike, my son. So good to see you." Celestia happily muttered, while hugging him. Her happiness for her son's return, made her almost forget about her nerves earlier. The happiness with her son always made her heart shine up like her little own sun.

"It's good to see you two mom. I've been looking so forward to be with you today."

"So have I Spike." Celestia replied. They eventually both let go of their hug.

"So mom. Can I ask you a few things?"

Celestia smiled to her sun, and gently nudged him on his forehead. "Of course Spike. If there's anything you want to share with me, all you have to do is to ask."

Spike smiled back. "Thanks. First I wanted to ask you about aunt Luna. Who has she been seeing lately?"

"Oh, that's just Red. Luna's second in command from her Lunar troops." Celestia explained. "Him and Luna have been seeing each other sometimes, since he got recruited."

"Wow for real? No doubt she sounded so shy in admitting it during the gate. Followed with her going off to see him, after showing me to the kitchen." Spike sheepishly chuckled, with his mother giving her own chuckle in return. They each both shared a little laughter together.

After the small laugh was over, Spike's face turned a bit more on the nervous, and concerned side. Celestia was slightly confused from Spike's sudden expression. "Is something wrong Spike?"

"Actually, I should be asking you that question mom." Spike replied, which made Celestia slightly surprised. "Are you okay from yesterday's night?"

The princess felt her nerves return a little, and fell down on her knees a bit. Spike felt he asked his question the wrong way, and ran up to her. "Mom! I'm so sorry for asking. It's okay if you didn't wanna tell me."

Celestia however did her best to smile, and placed her hand on Spike's left shoulder. "No Spike, it's okay. It doesn't hurt asking, as long as they do not regret from asking something wrong."

"Right. But what did you witness from your nightmare?" Spike asked her.

Celestia was quiet from Spike's question. She remembered her dark nightmare, witnessing the ponies from Canterlot suffer, her family, student, and friends all lost from her, and lastly with her being all alone, with the mysterious pony and even more mysterious stranger. The words that came out from the mysterious stranger were so unforgettable. Celestia couldn't feel the need to tell her son all the above, knowing that she might worry him, or worse.

Spike made some hand gestures to her, by snapping his two claws, to snap her out from her thoughts. "Mom. You okay there?"

The princess quickly snapped out of her thoughts, and regained eye contact with her son. "Oh right. Sorry son. I was just thinking of what I witnessed, from my nightmare. And to answer your question, I think it's best to let go of these thoughts. Nightmares are just wicked dreams you witness from inside your head."

"That's just like how Luna would spill it." Spike said. "But I guess that's fair enough. Nightmares are just nightmares. Not real life."

"Very true Spike." Celestia nodded.

"Oh yeah. There is just one last thing I wanted to ask you. If that's alright with you." Spike said.

"It's always alright to ask me Spike." Celestia smiled.

Spike's face turned serious again, but different than before. "This is something i've been thinking of for a long time. Am I an ordinary dragon?"

That took Celestia off guard, and was surprised at his sudden question. "Of... of course you are my son. You're just like what every dragon is on the outside."

"Am I really mom? I've been a baby dragon since I was born, and when Twilight was still a young filly. Shouldn't I have been much older right now?" Spike asked, with a serious, yet still unsure expression. The princess had a hard time finding the right words to reply.

Then the princess sighed. "I guess it's finally time that I confess to you about something Spike."

Spike was surprised. "Wait? There really is something secret about me?"

"Yes." Celestia nodded, before glancing to the stewardess. "Stewardess."

"Yes my princess." The stewardess bowed her head.

"Please leave the kitchen room. I want to be alone with my son." Celestia ordered.

"Right Princess. I'll inform the rest of the kitchen staff." The stewardess nodded, as she walked away from the kitchen. In a few moments, Spike and Celestia were all alone in the room.

"So mom. What is the secret about me?" Spike asked with an unsure expression.

"Spike my son. There is something about you i've been hiding since I found your egg." Celestia began, while Spike listened careful to his mom's words.

"Yes?"

"Spike... the secret about you is..." Celestia started. "... you're no ordinary dragon."

Author's Note:

Here is a part with Spike and his adopted family. You'll see more of the family reunion later on. And what could Spike's past be? Find out next time.
Spike: 1000(Weaker than Raditz)
Princess Celestia: 3,300,000,000(Stronger than Super Perfect Cell)
Princess Luna: 3,000,000,000(As powerful as Super Perfect Cell)
Blueblood: 20,000(Weaker than Namek Saga Vegeta)