• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 620 Views, 0 Comments

Story of Diane Pie: Strange Things - Middle Ground



Strange things have been going on in Equestria and no pony in Manehatten knows why.

  • ...
 0
 620

Chapter 4 - Sudden Visit

It's been a few days since the Discord incident and Manehatten became calm again. It was an early Saturday and my day off from working at the bakery/café. I woke up and went to the kitchen to see Miss Jubilee taking a day off herself and making breakfast. I think I smell cinnamon rolls. But unfortunately to my displeasure, I see Discord sitting on one of the couches in the living room.

"Good morning, Diane~! I hope you like my cinnamon rolls too~! And we have a guest~!" Miss Jubilee is taking this nuisance too lightly. She wasn't anywhere near Manehatten because she was in another town selling her cherries. I wish I was with her back then....

"Good morning. I came to spend some time with you. Because you need to have some fun every once in a while." Discord was drinking some tea I assume Miss Jubilee made. I was trying to hide my dis-taste for Discord's antics, but I knew I was failing.

"Mister Discord, I appreciate it, but I think I'm fine on my own. You really shouldn't trouble yourself." Anything to avoid being with this pest.... Suddenly, Discord quickly slithered up to me and looped his talons over my shoulder.

"Don't be a down, my dear. I insist. Miss Jubilee, we'll be back before dinner. Ta-tah!" Just before I could react, I found myself in another place entirely. It looked like another house, but everything is out of place, upside down, and reversed everywhere. The couch was on the ceiling, the front door was on the floor, and the stairs were built so that you had to walk upside down. There was nothing right about this place and I became very dizzy.... I then noticed Discord taking a seat on the couch.

"I'm sorry for the sudden invite, but I wanted to talk to you. After all, you're not like any pony I've encountered in the last few days I came back from stony prison. And Princess Luna has been worried about you." He then waved his finger and a chair scooted over to me, but it really small. The tiny chair aside, I do not want to talk about myself and I walked over to the door on the floor.

"I hate to be rude, but I am leaving and going back home. I just woke up and I need my coffee and my brea-" Just before I could finish my sentence, I opened the door and what I saw was a swirling darkness and many floating islands with strange creatures flying around. I then quickly closed the door and then took my tiny seat.

"I'll take you back home when I am done talking with you. When I first saw you, I noticed you reminded me of another pony. What was her name again...? She looked an awful lot like you. Except, she knows how to smile." He then took a tea cup and then ate it. He is just too weird. I already know the pony he was talking about.

"You're talking about Pinkie Pie, right? I don't want anything to do with her." I mean it when I say that. I am my own pony and my Cutie Mark is proof of that.

"Ah yes, I see that. I'm not doubting that, but that's what intrigues me. Being made from the magic of the Mirror Pool and yet becoming your own pony is certainly new to me." He knows about how I was made?! Now that I know he does, maybe he can help me.

"Then...if you know what I am, then can you tell me how I came to be exactly? What did the Mirror Pool do?" Maybe this could help me figure out what I am.

"I haven't the slightest idea. I do know there is a book that might have the answer, but it's very old. It was written by a certain bearded Unicorn a very long time ago. And it is most likely lost...." He then began eating another tea cup. After hearing that from a supposedly ancient creature, I began to lose hope.

"That is what I am talking about, Diane. You're nothing like the pony you came from. Pinkie Pie is full of joy and energy, and yet you don't even know how to smile. And that is why I have brought you here. You and I are going to have a fun day together!" He finished his eating his tea cup and then he put on a coat and grabbed and umbrella. I don't like where this is going....

"Let's go! Road trip!" He then grabbed me again and then we found ourselves in a place full of white stuff. I looked around and saw a bunch of Pegasi flying around and then I felt like falling from the sky! And it turns out I was really falling from the sky!

"DISCORD!!!!!!" I cried as I made my rapid decent and then I was stopped by Discord grabbing me from falling. I then squeezed him tight to avoid falling again.

"Sorry about that, Diane. But I forgot to mention our first stop being Cloudsdale, the home of Pegasi. And yes, it is in the sky." I nearly died because Discord didn't tell me we were going to be in the sky!

"Discord, NEVER do that again!" I was so scared...! Discord then flew back up to Cloudsdale and I was placed on the only strip of solid ground I could stand on. It was a runway for the Pegasi to take flight.

"Now let us join the sights. This is my first time visiting too, you know." Discord then placed me on his slithery back and we then began to tour the city made of clouds and rainbows. The Pegasi all gave us odd looks, but I was too amazed to actually see this amazing city.

"According to Princess Celestia, this city is famous for it's weather factory and for it's famous flight team, the Wonderbolts. The Pegasi spend their days planning the weather for every place in Equestria and making clouds and rainbows. I believe Rainbow Dash is quite good at that." I do remember fuzzy images of a big colorful explosion when Pinkie and I were little. That must have been Rainbow Dash when she was young. She never ceases to amaze me. We continued to explore the cloudy city and then Discord stopped.

"Well, I think we are done here. Time for stop number two and don't worry, we'll be on the ground." Discord snapped his finger and we then found ourselves somewhere really warm. We were in the middle of a desert, and near a familiar place: Apploosa. I then realized this was going to be a long day....