• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 845 Views, 10 Comments

It's Just Natural - Appleshy - Gpizano



A collection of short fics starring everyone's favorite farmer and animal caretaker.

  • ...
4
 10
 845

Getting Together - Equestria Girls Style! - SU Twist -

"Ah still don't get why we gotta' have practice tonight at the school's outdoor amphitheater. Ah know ya' wanna keep the band awesome or whatever Dash, but-"

"Hey, can you just trust me when I say it's important? 'Shy came up with this awesome song and you're vital to it!"

As much as she would have liked to be home relaxing after a long day of school and chores, Applejack had let herself be dragged out of her home and to the school by her best friend Rainbow Dash. The athlete had made it sound like a big deal and needless to say the blonde was not pleased to learn she had nearly been pulled out of her home with her jeans barely on all for the sake of more band practice. However now that it was mentioned that Fluttershy that needed her for it... well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. The shy girl was very kind and the blonde found it increasingly hard to say 'no' whenever the pink haired girl got up the nerve to ask her something.

Of course being teased by Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie on how 'sweet' she was to the girl had annoyed her. If they wanted to make fun of her, fine, but she wasn't going to stand for it if they upset Fluttershy!

As they made their way into the amphitheater, Applejack noticed that Sunset Shimmer, their world's Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Rarity were sitting in the front row. For some reason Rarity had a big smile on her face and looked ready to burst while Sunset Shimmer, Twilight and Spike all had grins that were various levels of playful directed towards her. When she looked to the stage, she saw that Pinkie Pie was behind her drum set with the biggest smile on her face, but what really took her attention was Fluttershy.

The girl's long, pink hair had been brushed out of her face and there was a light amount of make up applied just to accentuate the natural beauty that she had. She wore a long, white dress that was longer in the back and shorter in the front so that she could move freely, the dress accentuated with pastel greens and light pinks that gave it a sort of nature-y feel and she wore a pair of green sandals to complete the outfit.

Seeing Fluttershy now nearly made the blonde stop in her tracks. For some reason she could feel her heart pick up the pace and start pounding in her chest... and also feel a little under dressed in her beat up old jeans, button up shirt and work boots.

"Come on AJ! We gotta' get this practice underway!"

"J-Just us?"

Glancing over to Sunset, Twilight and Rarity, they all motioned for her to get up on stage. Not that Applejack could do anything but do as they motioned since Applejack was leading her along by the arm up the steps and onto the stage where her bass guitar was put into her hands. Rainbow Dash had stopped her about five feet away from Fluttershy, the girl not having her tambourine as usual but instead having a microphone that she was turning about nervously in her hands.

"I-I'm sorry Applejack. It's just... t-this was really important to me."

"N-No problem 'Shy. But what's the song?"

The blonde farmer could feel her heart start up that fast pace again as Fluttershy got in close and the heat rise when she whispered into her ear what her lines were, how to play and so on for the song. When the pink haired girl pulled back, all Applejack could do was nod dumbly and start to play, following the mellow rock beat that Pinkie Pie had started to play. She would have marveled at the fact that Pinkie Pie could even play a mellow beat on the drums if she weren't caught up in Fluttershy's blue teal eyes.

Both girls stared at each other for a moment before Fluttershy raised the microphone and they began the chorus.

"What can I do for you?

What can I do that no one else can do?"

When they sang the chorus, Fluttershy never broke eye contact with her. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Fluttershy was singing to her! After the chorus Fluttershy moved away, a small, demure smile on her face as she looked back to Applejack as the lights from the stage seemed to make her glow.

"Oh Applejack,

You are so wonderful.

I hadn't planned,

On falling quite so hard for you.

Please understand,

These feelings are true.

I can't keep them at bay,

It's no lie when I say~

I love you, Applejack

Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh~"

At this point Applejack was so stunned she almost missed the chorus and her fingers had stopped moving along her bass guitar. Rainbow Dash had luckily had seen that this was most likely coming and had her guitar out, picking up her slack on the mellow beat. Despite all eyes on them, it had seemed as if the whole world had slipped away, leaving nothing but her and Fluttershy. Their eyes were locked again but now Applejack could see the anxiety, the fear, and even the hope in the shorter girl's eyes. It would be painful to do this... but only for a moment.

As the blonde farmer stepped back, Fluttershy began to tremble softly, the others holding their breath and shocked. Up until Applejack set her bass guitar carefully on the ground before giving the pink haired girl a gentle smile and extending her hand. When Fluttershy took it, the blonde pulled her close and slipped her other arm around the girl's waist. It looked as if meek girl was ready to melt in Applejack's arms but she managed to follow as they began to dance as the beat picked up, Rainbow Dash breaking out a guitar solo with a little more rock to it.

Their pace picked up with the beat as they danced together, stopping suddenly at the center of the stage as Rainbow Dash's guitar solo was building up to the finish. Teal eyes stared into green, conveying a message of want that was immediately understood. The athlete's solo ended just as their lips met, the farmer carefully keeping a firm embrace around the other while the animal caretaker's arms slipped around her shoulders.

The sweet moment seemed to last for a small eternity between the two and once they parted, both smiled to each other.

"OH. MY. STARS!"

Of course they suddenly remembered they weren't alone, a deep blush coming to Fluttershy's face as Applejack smiled sheepishly. It wouldn't be long before their friends had surrounded them, giving congratulations and gushing about how cute they looked, along with some good natured teasing of course. The farmer simply let it roll off her back but kept an arm around Fluttershy's waist, keeping her close as the other girl was content to stay nestled against her side. She peeked up to the farm girl and gave another small smile that the blonde returned.

It wasn't at all what she expected to happen tonight, but it was one of the best surprises Applejack had ever received in her life.

Author's Note:

Okay, fingers crossed I won't get dinged on using part of the original chorus from What Can I Do For You? From Steven Universe since I didn't even use the full chorus and I changed the rest of the lyrics. But there is just NO way to change that line and keep that perfect meaning that would so fit Fluttershy.

Anyways. *puts on helmet* Hopefully I won't get too much shit for the lyrics. I had to make the change to make it make more sense but I'll freely admit I'm no poet. :twilightblush:

Until next time!