• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 845 Views, 10 Comments

It's Just Natural - Appleshy - Gpizano



A collection of short fics starring everyone's favorite farmer and animal caretaker.

  • ...
4
 10
 845

All You Need Is...

A cool, spring time afternoon in Ponyville was always so picturesque. This year Winter Wrap-Up had gone spectacularly, in no small part to lead organizer Twilight Sparkle. Flowers were in bloom, the weather team had done an outstanding job in giving Ponyville clear, sunny weather and many ponies were out enjoying the day.

On Sweet Apple Acres, one such pony was on a lunch break from her usual chores, a picnic basket in mouth as she trotted deep into the apple orchards towards a clearing she had been to many times before. Applejack set the basket down and pulled out a blanket to spread out before taking out a hardy lunch. She had made her own favorite meal as well as the favorite meal of the mare who would be meeting her here. There wasn't a need to double check or second guess, by this point she had made her marefriend's favorite eats enough times she had it down pat.

Speaking of marefriend...

The orange coated pony turned around, as if feeling Fluttershy was there, and was rewarded by being correct as she gazed upon the pegasus that had her heart. The pink maned pegasus smiled softly, in a manner that was so in line with the mare's demure character but Applejack could look at those sparkling teal blue eyes to see a hidden playfulness beneath the surface. It was a side of Fluttershy that came out just for her and that pleased the blonde mare. A slightly goofy grin came to Applejack's face as Fluttershy approached, the pegasus nuzzling a spot underneath Applejack's chin, purposefully passing by close so that their sides lightly rubbed together before she took a seat on the blanket, waiting for Applejack to join her.

Once the farm pony had taken a seat as well, they would eat and talk. Nothing big, talking about how their day had been going so far, what they planned to do for the rest of the day, making plans to spend time together again. It was small talk in a sense but not inconsequential. It was something in between the comfortable, peaceful periods of quiet between them. The quiet was just as welcome as the conversations, both mares valuing quiet as much as words since at times, they didn't even need words. Just a look after their meal was done, to beckon the farm pony over. A return of that endearing goofy grin before the pounce, eliciting a small squeal from the pegasus as she was swept up in the Earth pony's forelegs before that hidden friskiness came to the surface as she gently pushed the blonde onto her back.

Applejack would let Fluttershy push her down, not minding at all as that beautiful, long mane fell all around her, leaving only the beautiful pegasus in her field of vision. Serenity reigned as they stared into each other's eyes, small smiles dancing on their lips before they locked in a slow yet passionate kiss. When the kiss was broken, the bold yellow mare would lean up and gently nip one of Applejack's ears, drawing a soft nicker from the mare below her and creating desire in those beautiful green eyes. A slightly mischievous smile was on Fluttershy's face as she gave a kiss on the tip of Applejack's nose as consolation until a better time, the farm pony knowing that if she let her passions run wild she might not leave this orchard for a long time.

Instead they lay together on the blanket, the sun warming their coats as the two lovers simply spent the time enjoying how close they were to one another.

Author's Note:

Seriously, I have no idea why when I hear/see Steven Universe I think of these two because this is like... the third SU inspired short fic.

It wasn't based on any song this time, more just this feeling I get from watching the show. There's just... happiness. And I spewed that happiness all over this short fic cause I'm secretly sappy like that. :derpytongue2: