• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 344 Views, 9 Comments

Hearth's Warming in Los Pegasus - Applejack224



Two months have passed since the events of Photo of a Melody, and Camera has decided to introduce his coltfriend to his parents.

  • ...
 9
 344

Chapter 7: An old ex-fillyfriend

"Starry night, is that you?"

Film couldn't believe it, but it was true. Standing right before him was in fact, Starry Night. The mare looked just as shocked and her eyes widened.

"Film Reel?! Now I know where I seen you before." Starry said, blinking.

"Yeah. So, how has life been treating you?" Film asked, still shocked.

"It-it's been good. You've certainly gotten a bit um... bigger." she replied, noticing his weight.

Projector saw what was going on and approached.

"Ah, Starry Night, didn't expect you here." he said.

Film whipped his head around and looked at his friend in shock.

"You know her?!" he asked.

"I sure do. She and I worked many times on screenplays." Projector replied before turning to her.

"Wait, Projector, THIS is your friend you wanted me to meet?" Starry asked, shocked.

"That's right. I thought both of you would get along." he replied.

He then looked at both of them and said, "but I see you two are already familiar with each other."

"That's because she's my ex-fillyfriend, Bud." Film replied.

Now it was Projector's turn to be surprised.

"Film, you and Starry used to-"

"Yes, Projector, we used to date." Starry interrupted, now scowling.

Film scowled as well. "True, and you weren't exactly what I had in mind when Projector said he had a friend I needed to meet." he said.

"On that, we can agree." Starry replied, walking away.

Projector blinked and turned to his best friend.

"I-I didn't know you two-"

"Save it, Projector." Film cut him off.

"Film, I'm-I'm sorry." Projector said, a concerned look on his face.

"Come on, let's just get out of here." Film said, his tone a mixture of angry and sad.

...

Starry Night walked through the mall, feeling angry and tricked. She was actually looking forward to meeting Projector's friend, especially considering how she had no special somepony in her life. However, if Projector thought she was going to date that weird and annoying stallion, he had another thing coming.

...

As Projector and Film Reel made their way out of the store and through the rest of the mall, Projector kept glancing at his best friend. His expression was one of anger and even a bit of sadness. With a look of concern on his muzzle, Projector decided to bring up Starry.

"Film, what happened between you and Starry?" he asked.

At first, Film said nothing, continuing to have the look of being in deep, angry thought. He finally closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"Do you really want to know, Projector?" Film asked.

"Yes, you're my best friend and I want to help anyway I can." Projector replied.

Film looked into his friend's eyes and saw the genuine look of concern and compassion in them. Seeing that made him feel more confident in telling his story.

"Well, it was a long time ago....." he began

Flashback, December 1997

A 25 year old Film Reel looked at himself in the mirror, a grin on his face. Tonight, he was going to go the opening of one of the most anticipated Hearth's Warming movies ever: A Hearth's Warming Tale. Not only was he going to it's premiere, but he was going with one of the most beautiful mares in Equestria: Starry Night. Film sighed happily at the mere thought of her. The two had started dating back in September, and Film couldn't be happier. After brushing his mane a bit and applying some cologne, Film ran excitedly down the stairs. He then grabbed his winter coat and began trotting outside, his hooves almost skipping over the air. 10 minutes later, he arrived at Starry's house and knocked on the door. Almost immediately the door opened and an older stallion clearly Starry's dad appeared. "Hello, Mr. Night, I'm Starry's date for tonight." he said.

Mr. Night smiled and called for his daughter to come to the door. When she appeared, Film was blown away by her appearance: a winter dress shirt and skirt, her mane falling to both her shoulders. "Hey, Film." she said, smiling.

"S-Starry, you look great." Film said, blushing.

Starry giggled and replied, "oh, thank you Dear."

Man did he ever loved the way she said "dear". The two made their way to the theater,where a long line of ponies were waiting. Suddenly, a stallion who Film had never seen before approached them and said, "hey, Babe, glad you could come."

Film stepped in and said, "hey, man, don't call my mare "babe."

The stallion scoffed and replied, "your mare? You gotta be kidding, right? I'm her coltfriend."

Film was about to retort when Starry said, "oh, um, hey Corsair. Guess I forgot about our date."

Film, shocked, asked, "Date? You're dating him?! Are you-?"

"Yes I am, and before you ask, technically, I've been playing both of you."

"Wait, both of us? Babe, what the hay are you talking about?" Corsair asked, his turn to be shocked.

"Corsair, I'm sorry I lied to you, but I already had a coltfriend." she replied.

Both stallions were shocked, confused, and about to be heartbroken. "S-Starry, what is going on?" Film choked.

"Oh you poor, poor stallions. Why would I date either one of you? You're both just weird, disgusting weirdos." she said.

"WHAT?!" both stallions replied, hurt by what she said.

"It's true. Frankly, I just wanted your bits, and was sorely disappointed. What acouple of losers, you two oughta be ashamed of yourselves." Starry said in a condescending tone.



Present day.

"So, that was that. She was tricking the both of us and left us out in the snow, completely heartbroken." Film finished.

Projector just stared in shock, not knowing what to say. He knew his friend had his heartbroken by a mare before, but didn't think it was that bad.

"Film... I-I'm sorry about what happened. I had no idea." he replied.

Film just nodded and sighed sadly. This was going to be a loooooooong day.