• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 345 Views, 9 Comments

Hearth's Warming in Los Pegasus - Applejack224



Two months have passed since the events of Photo of a Melody, and Camera has decided to introduce his coltfriend to his parents.

  • ...
 9
 345

Chapter two: permission and happy times

Later that day......

"Thanks for coming! Happy Hearth's Warming!" Baker said as the last customers left the Sugarcube Corner.

She then turned the open side so that it read closed on the outside. Turning around, she was greeted by Pinkie pie.

"Hiya Baker. Ready to close the shop for the night?" the eccentric pink mare asked.

"Heh. Sure am Miss Sandwich." Baker replied.

"Oh, Baker, you know you don't have to be so formal with me, Pinkie will do just fine." Pinkie playfully scolded.

"I know, just a habit of respect." Baker replied, blushing slightly.

Pinkie giggled and said, "well, enough of that. After we close the shop, why don't you sit down and have dinner with us?"

"Oh, thank you but I don't want to intrude." replied Baker.

"Come on, you won't be intruding at all, Baker. Besides, it's Hearth's Warming and at Hearth's Warming, you have to be a giving spirit. Especially to your employees." Pinkie exclaimed, grinning.

Baker, deep in thought, turned to look outside and saw that the snow was falling heavily. She grimaced, knowing that getting home wouldn't be easy in the snow.

Well, I suppose staying here for dinner wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not like I'll be getting home soon, Baker thought.

Dinner consisted of a salad, Prench bread and some kind of jello. After eating for a few minutes in comfortable silence, Baker decided to bring up the party.

"So, um, Mr and Mrs- I mean, Cheese and Pinkie, may I ask you something?" Baker asked.

"Sure, Baker, what's on your mind?" Cheese replied.

"Well, um, I've been thinking: there's a family Hearth's Warming party coming soon and I was wondering if I could get time off to go to it." she said.

Pinkie and Cheese looked at each other, considering the question. Baker felt her heart skip a beat and time seem to slow down around her.

"Well, what do you think, Cheesy?" Pinkie asked.

"Hmm. I suppose we can. I mean, she's earned a little break after all the years of hard work." Cheese pondered.

Baker cleared her throat.

"Um, it's not a real big deal. I mean, I know things here get a little busy around the holidays and..."Baker began.

"No, it's quite alright, Baker. You have been working SUPER HARD these past two years and we were considering hiring some more help anyway." Pinkie said, cutting her off.

"She's right, Baker. Besides, I know some ponies who can help and you of all ponies deserve a break." Cheese added.

Baker smiled before replying, "aww, thank you."

...

Camera and Melody sat in the living room of Camera's house, cuddling each other on the couch while watching a Hearth's Warming movie. The movie was a little dated, having been made in the 2000's, but was a classic in the Modern era. As the two ponies lay there watching, Melody looked up at his coltfriend and smiled. Everytime he looked at Camera, he couldn't help but be heartwarmed by his cute freckles and his orangish-brown eyes. Closing his own, Melody nuzzled Camera's neck, prompting the earth pony to look down at him.

"I love you, C-Camera." Melody said.

"I love you too, Melody." Camera replied, kissing him on the clips.

Melody reciprocated the kiss, enjoying the wonderful bliss he felt. If breathing wasn't a necessity, he was sure he could kiss Camera forever.

Camera ended the kiss and smiled softly. Melody leaned onto Camera's shoulder and sighed happily.

Yes,he thought. This is the life.