• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 344 Views, 9 Comments

Hearth's Warming in Los Pegasus - Applejack224



Two months have passed since the events of Photo of a Melody, and Camera has decided to introduce his coltfriend to his parents.

  • ...
 9
 344

Chapter 5: Reunion

Later that evening

After getting their room set up, Camera and Melody sat in the living room alongside Page; who really wanted to get to know Camera's coltfriend. While this was going on, Projector and Film were in the earth pony's private studio, reliving old memories over a cup of hot chocolate.

"So, how's Ponyville?" Projector asked.

"It's been good. It's quiet, the townponies are really friendly, and I get to run one of the only movie rental stores in town." Film replied.

"I remember you saying something about opening a shop in Ponyville. Is that business venture any good?" Projector asked, sipping his chocolate.

"Oh, quite so, Old Friend." replied Film, grinning.

Projector chuckled at that.

"I hear you're with the Royal Equestrian Society of Directors. Quite an accomplishment." Film stated.

"True, and being the director of the society has its perks, but the meetings are mostly budgets and business stuff." Projector replied, chuckling.

He then turned to Film and asked, "you said my son invited you, right?"

Film nodded.

"Heh, that's my boy. He's a good kid, and his coltfriend doesn't seem that bad either." Projector said chuckling.

Film gave him a sad smile and replied, "yeah, that's true."

"So, Film, have you settled down yet?" Projector asked.

Film sighed and replied, "no, nopony hasn't reached out to me like that in a long time."

Projector nodded and leaned back in his chair. He knew Film had terrible experiences with mares before and that one of them had scared him off from dating ever again. Who that mare was he never did and probably never will find out, but he hated seeing his friend like this.

"Film, I don't think it's good for you to be stuck in the past like this. I mean, I know that mare broke your heart but you shouldn't give up." Projector stated, knowing full well how Film would respond.

"Come on, Proj. I... I just don't think that'll happen to me, especially after.... her." Film replied, just as expected.

Projector didn't even have a reactionary sigh to what he said, having had this conversation with Film on many occasions. Still, that didn't stop him from trying.

"Well, what if I told you I know somepony who might be interested?" Projector asked.

"I'd say you're crazy." Film replied.

"Nah. I lost my sanity years ago, Pal. Still, I ain't joking with you about this mare." stated Projector.

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUN! :pinkiegasp: