• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 344 Views, 9 Comments

Hearth's Warming in Los Pegasus - Applejack224



Two months have passed since the events of Photo of a Melody, and Camera has decided to introduce his coltfriend to his parents.

  • ...
 9
 344

Chapter three:goodbye Ponyville

The next morning

"Ohh, I'mma walking through a winter wonderland, ohhhh.." Film Reel sang joyfully as he trotted to the Sugarcube Corner.

This was a trip he made every morning before opening his shop. Was it the healthiest of breakfasts? No, and the slight protruding of his belly and sides were definitely a negative sign of that. But, while the Corner's breakfasts lacked in nutrition, they more than made up for in how simply amazing they were. Humming to himself, Film opened the door to the Corner and relished in the warmth of the heater. Pinkie Pie was at the counter, wearing a white apron and her mane pulled back.

"Good morning, Film!" the pink mare greeted happily.

Film smiled and replied, "good morning, Pinkie. Happy Hearth's Warming by the way."

"Happy Hearth's Warming to you too, Bud! So, let me guess, your usual?" Pinkie asked.

"Yes, please." he replied.

A few minutes later, Film had seated himself, sipping a mug of mint hot chocolate and having a plate of blueberry waffles, hashbrowns and hay bacon.

"So, Film, how are you spending the holidays this year?" Pinkie asked.

Normally, Film would spend Hearth's Warming with the Sandwiches. He didn't really have a family of his own and it was really hard to refuse Pinkie's offer of spending Hearth's Warming with her family. Taking a sip of his mint hot chocolate, Film then proceeded to reply, "well, Pinkie, I'm considering meeting an old friend in Los Pegasus this year."

"Really? So you're not spending Hearth's Warming with us?" Pinkie asked, her ears droopy and voice sad.

"Don't be sad, Pinkie, it's not like I'd be gone forever. I mean, I love spending Hearth's Warming with you, I really do. But there's a pony in Los Pegasus I haven't seen in years and meeting his son made me want to see him again." Film replied, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, I understand. You really miss your friend and friendship is like really super duper important." Pinkie said.

"Hmm-hmm. Don't worry, I'll write you a letter once I get there, okay?" Film said.

Pinkie nodded and smiled at him.

"Yeah! But first, a GOODBYE FOR NOW BUT I'LL TOTALLY SEE YOU AGAIN PARTY!!!!" she exclaimed, grabbing her party cannon from seemingly out of nowhere.

...

Melody and Camera stood at the train station, wearing big winter coats and saddlebags full of luggage. Melody had laid his head against Camera's, seeking warmth from the other stallion. Camera smiled and kissed his forehead. Melody blushed and smiled back, finding great joy in his coltfriend's affections.

Camera looked up and to his left, he saw a pony he recognised: Film Reel was walking towards them, saddlebags full as well.

"Huh, looks like he took up the offer." Camera said outloud.

Melody, confused by his statement, looked to see what Camera was talking about and saw the green unicorn stallion. Right off the bat, he noticed that the stallion had a somewhat large belly and his sides protruded just a bit. He also had a slight greying of his mane and had a joyful stride and look. It was like he was happy all the time and nothing could bring him down.

"Film Reel, glad you decided to come." Camera said to the approaching pony.

Film smiled and replied, "yeah, well, it has been a long time since we spoke and I figured I'd catch up with your old man."

He then looked at Melody and asked,"well, hello. You must be Melody Light, correct?"

Melody nodded and smiled shyly.

"Y-you must be Film R-Reel. Camera tol-told me about you." Melody replied.

"Oh, and this Plowy, or was it Powery? Man, this writer can't make up his mind, can he?" Film said, more to himself than anypony else.

Melody gave him a confused look.

"Oh, don't mind him, Melody. Film has always been like that, just like Pinkie." Camera said jokingly.

By then, Film had produced a small Power Ponies action figure and was showing it to Melody when the train pulled up to the station.

"Well, time to go, Guys." Camera said matter-of-factly.

Soon, all three of them were in their seats, getting comfortable.

"Attention everypony: we are departing Ponyville, next stops: Baltimare, Fillydelphia, and finally, Los Pegasus." a male voice said over the intercom.

"Well, goodbye Ponyville, for now." Film said, chuckling.

...