• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 1,065 Views, 18 Comments

Ghost of a Chance - Boneguard



Agent Frost, a Dominion ghost, is in the first wave against Amon in the void when his striketeam among with a Protoss cohort and a Zerg brood get transported by void energies to a strange land called Equestria

  • ...
7
 18
 1,065

5-Just relax

Rainbow Dash returned to her friends to relay Fluttershy's message. The Princesses left to organize a clean up for the deceased and the only ones left were the Elements without Fluttershy.

"What did she say, Rainbow Dash?" asked Twilight Sparkle.

"Fluttershy said that she's not feeling well and that we'll talk tomorrow."

"I hope she will handle the news." said Rarity.

"Hey girls, I found something!" yelled Pinkie Pie.

"What is it, sugarcube?

"I found some ketchup stains on the ground and it looks like they lead to Fluttershy's cottage, maybe she spilled it and did not notice."

"Oh no, girls, I think we have a problem. We must save Fluttershy immediately!" said Twilight before she started galloping followed by her friends.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frost was sitting on the couch counting the dog tags in his hand.

"...Lisa, Collins and Wabowski."

"Umm, excuse me, but what are those small tablets?" asked Fluttershy.

"These are dog tags. They have the names of my teammates imprinted on them." he answered.

"Are they like to not forget about your friends, because it seems kind of nice."

"It's kind of like that in a way." Frost said before getting up and looked out the window only to find five ponies coming. "Damn, looks like your friends didn't buy it. Think of something more believable this time." he continued as he moved away from the window and started finding a finding a hiding.

"Oh no, what should I do? Think Fluttershy, think! Ohh right! Harry, would you please help me?" Fluttershy asked the bear that looked grumpy after losing the fight with the Ghost.

Fluttershy took some bandages and some ketchup and tried working something up that seemed more believable, if not, she and her friends will be in grave danger. After a few moments she heard a knock on the door.

"Fluttershy, are you in there?" a voice that sounded like Rainbow Dash asked.

"Umm, yes I'm here, I'm fine." she replied panicking a little.

"I thought you said that you are not feeling well."

"Oh well, I'm not that fine now" she said trying to mimic a cough.

"Fluttershy, what's going on?"

"Oh nothing, just ... taking care of my animal friends."

"That's it, you will open this door right now."

"No, don't..." Fluttershy started to say before the door swung wide open.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, we've come to save you!" Rainbow Dash said triumphantly before she saw that Fluttershy tending to a Harry almost completely covered in bandages.

"I'm sorry girls, but I had to tend to Harry because he slipped and fell not to far from here and when he returned he looked so in pain I had to take care of him and I didn't want to worry you with it." she made it up on the spot.

"It's ok, we thought that one of those evil things got to you." said Twilight Sparkle.

"We were pretty worried about you, darling. We sure are glad to know that you are safe and sound. Oh well, we'll not keep you from tending to Harry." said Rarity.

"Uhh yeah, I'm really busy with Harry, so busy that I'll need the rest of the day to make him feel better again. We'll talk tomorrow, Goodbye." replied Fluttershy.

After Fluttershy's friends left, Frost came out of his hiding spot and sat back on the couch then he took a Stimpack shot.

"I don't think that it's best for you to use those anymore." said Fluttershy a little worried.

"Hey, I am a professional." Frost replied "By the way, think they bought it?"

"I think it worked, you should rest now to save your energy."

"I was thinking the same thing" said Frost before laying on the couch to sleep.

"My friends, would you please warn me when somepony comes to visit us?" asked Fluttershy her pets which she was met with a lot of approving sounds.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frost woke up in the morning and changed his bandages and then took another shot, Fluttershy was still asleep with her pets so he looked out the window to check the perimeter. Unsurprisingly, he saw nobody approaching so he started checking his gear, he still had plenty of ammo and enough Stimpacks to last him a few days and as food he's eaten a few fruit he found in the kitchen. He took another look at the dog tags before he heard Fluttershy waking up and started trotting towards him.

"Oh, good morning, I didn't think you would be up this early. Should I make breakfast?"

"No, I've already eaten."

"I'm sorry, so what should we do now?" asked Fluttershy.

"You're going to talk with your friends while I'll be out there checking my equipment."answered Frost.

"But what about not being seen and what am I going to talk about to my friends?" Fluttershy asked worried.

"Come up with something. Remember, You're still my hostage so no gossip." replied Frost.

"Ok, I promise not to say a word."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fluttershy went directly to Twilight's castle and entered the map chamber and found her friends discussing with the Princesses, Shining Armor and Starlight Glimmer. They all paused when they saw Fluttershy enter which made her nervous.

"Ah, Fluttershy, we're so glad that you could make it." started Twilight Sparkle.

"Um, Harry is feeling much better now so I came here to talk with you girls." said Fluttershy.

"We're happy that he's feeling alright, but now we have more serious matters to attend." declared Celestia.

"The Princess is right, we have to finish organizing the burial of the deceased. I'm sorry, Fluttershy, you couldn't know what happened near the forest while you were hiding. There was a battle and a lot of animals died and we think that the culprits met the same fate." said Twilight.

"Ohh, I can't be-believe this. Who could do this?" Fluttershy replied before bursting in tears, but then stopped when she figured out who.

"We know how you're feeling, darling. If only one of those barbarians survived, we could have made justice." said Rarity.

"Oh, I think that you still have the opportunity." the voice of Discord was heard before he blinked in the middle of the room.

"Discord, do you know something of importance?" asked Luna.

"Why, yes. I do have some information to share with you because I love you all so much."

"This is no time for jokes Discord!" shouted Shining Armor.

"Very well, I can tell you that there is one survivor of your wanted criminals and that he is injured and right now he is trudging through the battlefield to see if he's the only survivor."

"How do you know this?" asked Cadance.

"I am the Lord of Chaos, show some respect."

"Well then, what are we waitin' for, we must catch him so he can tell us what happened! said Applejack.

"Ohhh not before I'll kick his flank." replied Rainbow Dash.

Everypony left almost immediately with the exception of Fluttershy and Discord. She looked out the window and saw that some of the guards and Wonderbolts left with her friends.

"Aren't you glad that I may have stopped a villain?" boasted Discord, Fluttershy realized that he didn't know about her captor.

"Oh yes, but maybe it was not their fault that they had to kill those poor animals. Maybe they didn't want to even hurt them."

"Well, we'll have to see and find out. Come along now!" Discord said before he blinked away.

"Oh goodness, how am I going to solve this?" Fluttershy asked herself.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Frost returned on the battlefield trying to get to Amar. There were some guards, but he used his cloak and slipped right past them, he was looking for the pile of dead Zerg that buried the Tal'darim Vanguard. When he spotted it he went there and checked if Amar was still alive.

"You alive in there?" Frost asked.

"I had hoped that it was the opposite." Amar responded.

"I will try to hack your walker and implant this spare cloaking device into it so you won't stand out so easily."

"Why, may I ask?"

"Just to be safe."

Frost didn't know a lot about Protoss technology so hacking Amar's walker proved challenging, but eventually he installed the device without much damage to the software.

"You must be able to cloak now." Frost said while removing some corpses off the steel limbs of the walker which allowed it to get back up and proceeded to become invisible.

"I do not like hiding from the enemy."

"There is no enemy, but we should keep a low profile. Before I came here I made you some kind of shelter in the forest that is big enough for you and blends in the environment."

"Do you expect me to stay in one place the whole time?"

"It's not like I'll be sitting on my ass all the time, I'll keep scouting and when something happens I'll come to you. And you can still move around, but try not to make too much of a ruckus."

At that moment, Frost heard voices and saw that the ponies were returning in a hurry, he thought that some guard must have seen him or the yellow pony confessed. Either way, he had to get Amar and himself out of there.

"I've added the location of the shelter on your systems, get out of here. I'll come get you when I can."

"I feel that I am being more and more humiliated." Amar said before going into the forest.

Frost started running in the opposite direction, but he wasn't fully healed so he couldn't run at his fastest and the ponies were closing in on him. He tried to reach Fluttershy's cottage, but he was cut off by Applejack and Rarity so he tried to dodge them and activate his cloak, this confused the ponies and bought some time when suddenly, he was tackled by Rainbow Dash.

"Wow, how'd you do that, it was so amazing!" said Pinkie Pie.

"I was just aiming for him until he disappeared and I kept going."

The hit knocked Frost to the ground and he started to crawl to wherever he could hide, but the pain was becoming unbearable. He reached to find one of his smoke grenades.

"Where do you think you're going buster?" said Applejack before Frost vanished into a puff of smoke.

"What was that?" asked Rarity.

When the smoke dissipated Frost managed to muster his strength to hide behind one of the bushes, but his spot wasn't the best he could find because he was right in the middle of the ponies.

Fluttershy just arrived with Discord at the scene and saw that her captor was about to be captured, she doesn't want to incur his wrath because she knows that if he gets angry a lot of ponies will be in danger so she quickly thought up a plan to save him.

"Looks like our friends nearly captured this criminal by the looks of it, although I can't seem to spot him." Discord said.

"Oh, they've already caught him, but you can't see him because of all the vegetation around. You should go down there and congratulate them." Fluttershy made it up.

"But of course, how to celebrate this triumph without a congratulation to our friends for their hard work? blah, I'll do this my way."

Twilight Sparkle saw something move in a bush, but before she could get a closer look Discord appeared out of nowhere and fireworks started flying everywhere. With this distraction, Frost managed to escape the ponies and was now on his way to Fluttershy's cottage.

"Discord! What are you doing?" Twilight yelled.

"I was just throwing a firework show in honor of your recent capture." he answered.

"Say what now? Discord, we didn't capture the criminal." Applejack said.

"Even though those fireworks were amazing." Pinkie Pie butted in.

"But Fluttershy told me that she saw you catch him."

"Oh, I'm sorry Discord, I guess it was just my imagination, but because of me he got away. Oh, I hope you're not to mad, I should have been braver and been here with you." Fluttershy lied even though it pained her.

"It's alright Fluttershy, we'll catch him another time, he cannot evade us forever." Celestia said.

While the ponies were talking, Frost almost reached the house when he collapsed on the ground because of the pain. He got injected two more Stimpacks so that he wouldn't pass out and crawled the rest of the way until he entered Fluttershy's cottage and laid on the couch. After the pain resided he could move normally again so he continued to check if somebody would come to her hostage's house.

"One day, one more day and I'll get back after Amon" he told himself

Author's Note:

Chapter 5 out now, I hope you enjoy it.

I'll be trying to update weekly, but if something comes up I'll try to communicate it to you guys