• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 1,064 Views, 18 Comments

Ghost of a Chance - Boneguard



Agent Frost, a Dominion ghost, is in the first wave against Amon in the void when his striketeam among with a Protoss cohort and a Zerg brood get transported by void energies to a strange land called Equestria

  • ...
7
 18
 1,064

3b-Adun toridas!

Hours before Niagras sacrifice, Colt and Billy were marching at the rear of the Protoss column with Nalis at the front with the Sentintels, the Sentry, the High Templar and Vuhandis were in the centre with the Stalkers screening the flanks and the Dark Templar was scouting ahead.

"I feel kinda intimidated." Billy told his friend.

"Don't be, remember that these guys are rarely hostile to Terrans without a good reason, we helped them on Aiur destroying the Overmind so they are very grateful." Colt replied.

"When did you join the squad Colt?" the Marine asked.

"I joined right after Frost, Wabowski, Peter and Lisa switched from Raynor's Raiders to the Dominion right after the Fall of Aiur" he answered.

"What happened to them back then?"

"Trust me, while you were in the Academy and I was in the Marine Corps they went through what I can only describe hell, when they had to evacuate Char back when they were with the Raiders they got separated from Peter who could not extract them and he end up with Raynor in a Protoss outpost fighting against the Zerg, meanwhile the rest made it into the installation that was built by the Dominion in case of a Zerg attack, the power was cut and they had to survive until Tassadar came searching for Zeratul."

"What about Cranston, Collins and Staton?"

"Cranston and Staton joined at the start of the Second Great War and Collins at the end of the Brood War."

"And I'm the newest addition to the team, I joined during the Invasion of Char. When did the squad start?"

"Hmm... the squad started with Frost during the reign of the Old Confederacy, the team was originally named 'Night Terrors', a branch of the Confederate Omega Squadron or Death's Head Legion, they were the most brutal and were called only in extremely dire conditions. Nowadays the squad changed its name to Strike Team One, but we are known as 'The Squad' because we are the first to enter combat in an invasion and secure the landing zones and gather intelligence on the enemy."

"How many were in the squad? I heard that originally it was Captain with his brother and four others and that his brother then disappeared after the Dominion formed."

"His name was Will and he was so deadly that he was nicknamed Last Will, after the Confederacy got overthrown he was recruited into Project Shadowblade and assigned as security for Dr. Narud top secret research labs. Our team has possibly seen hundreds of members, due to us being the first in combat our mortality rate was the highest in the entire squadron. I heard from Wabowski that the many battles changed the Captain, he said that he's become deadlier at the cost of some of his sanity and now that he had to kill his brother I don't know what he'll do. In any case, just watch your back and you'll have a chance of getting out of here alive."

"Yessir!"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a few hours of walking, the group stopped somewhere in the open to lure as many Zerg as possible for Niagra to destroy the hive. The atmosphere was surprisingly relaxing due to the psionic powers of the Protoss to sense living beings, Colt and Billy started a conversation with Vuhandis to learn more about him.

"Just follow my lead Billy and try not to talk very much." Colt told Billy who nodded in agreement.

"Ahhh Friend Colt and friend Bill, I assume you have certain questions, do not be afraid, I will tell you as much as I can." Vuhandis predicted the Marines' approach.

"Yeah well... us Terrans feel more comfortable when we bond with our fellow brothers in arms so we thought that you could tell us something about yourself and your culture." Colt said.

"Very well, I was among the last to defend our beloved Xel'naga Temple on Aiur that was used to transport the Overmind on the surface, I and a fraction of our forces were pushed back by the Zerg until we managed to hold a small garrison on Antioch until Tassadar himself came to our rescue, we were so honored by this that we were the ones that led the charge on the Overmind's hive cluster. During that time, I was gravely wounded and placed in the chassis of a Dragoon. Even with the Overmind dead, the Zerg hordes were ravaging Aiur and the only choice left was the evacuation to Shakuras where I met the Praetor" Vuhandis stopped for a few moments nodding towards Nalis " She was part of the first refugees that arrived on Aiur and grew very fond of the Nerazim, but I still had my suspicions about them and so had Aldaris. I was assigned to the last forces of the Conclave and due to the presence of the Queen of Blades we were left as reserves for the Fleet of the Executor which was collecting the Uraj and the Khalis to activate the Xel'naga temple on Shakuras. Nalis was part of the fleet and the unity between the Nerazim and the Khalai grew stronger while we were suspecting everyone outside of the Conclaves control. After Aldaris realized the treachery of the Queen of Blades he marshaled our forces against the Matriarch of the Dark Templar which was under the control of Kerrigan. the rest of the Fleet was still being deceived and sent against us and on the field of battle I was engaged in glorious combat with the Praetor which ended in her greatly damaging my strider and rendering me unable to fight. After the battle, I was put in stasis until the death of the Matriarch, after my awakening the Immortal program started and I volunteered to be one of the first functional Immortal assault striders. Since then I fought on countless worlds for the Daelaam. Now enough about me, I wish to know more about my Terran allies." Vuhandis finished.

"That is an interesting service record, I don't think that any of our stories will top it, but here goes" Colt started: "I started as a soldier in Delta Squadron in the late days of the Confederacy and then joined the Dominion in the Marine Corps, I fought the Zerg on Korhal during the Brood War and alongside my comrades we fought on Char, Umoja and again on Korhal when Arcturus Mengsk was dethroned." he finished nudging Billy.

"Uhh I had perfect scores while I was in the Academy so I was enlisted in Alpha Squadron, my first battle was the Invasion of Char to deinfest Kerrigan. There I was alone when I met Captain Frost and his team, after the battle was over I volunteered to join the strike team."

"Do not think that your experiences make you inferior to mine, with your short life span you managed to finish what the Firstborn started, stopped the Queen of Blades and saved us all from oblivion!" said Vuhandis loudly and he was thanked by the Terrans, then they returned to their posts.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After some time waiting for the Zerg, Nalis started thinking that the plan had failed when the High Templar approached her:

"Praetor, I sense Zerg lifeforms nearing our position and their numbers are vast." he reported.

"Looks like the trap has sprung." she said "Templar, prepare for battle!"

Hearing this everybody readied themselves for the worst. When the Zerg neared them Nalis gave the order to attack and they all charged the line. After they defeated the first wave they saw even more Zerg units charging at them, the Praetor seeing this gave the order exit the forest and try to regroup with the Terrans, but they could not make it out in time due to their slow speed. A couple of Stalkers and a Sentinel volunteered to hold the Zerg as long as they can.

"For Fenix!" the Sentinel yelled.

"Strike now, we must buy our brothers time!" one of the Stalkers said.

"We will not go quietly into the void!" the other one shouted.

The warriors' sacrifice proved to be enough for the rest to escape the forest and meet up with the Terrans for a last stand against the Zerg.

Author's Note:

This part doesn't have a lot of action, but I hope you like the Starcraft lore. I'll do a little more lore in the next and final part for the rest of the squad and there will be a lot more action and they finally meet with the inhabitants of Equestria.

Also, a big thank you for reaching 299 views and keeping the like bar positive, if you want to add something say it in the comments and I'll look into it.

And again thanks for the comments and likes and views, and thanks to you guys I can write more and more for you and as always I hope you enjoy En taro Adun! :D