• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 1,065 Views, 18 Comments

Ghost of a Chance - Boneguard



Agent Frost, a Dominion ghost, is in the first wave against Amon in the void when his striketeam among with a Protoss cohort and a Zerg brood get transported by void energies to a strange land called Equestria

  • ...
7
 18
 1,065

12-Never know what hit 'em

Frost entered the castle followed by Fluttershy. First, they had to get to the gateway and collect its psionic energy, then they would go to Flurry Heart's chamber. The halls were mostly empty and whenever they came across any guards or servants they sneaked past them. Eventually, they reached their first target in a darkened room. Fluttershy closed the door and tried to hear footsteps coming closer to them while Frost started his work on the gateway.

"Hey, Frost? I wanted to know how is your home?" Fluttershy whispered a question.

"I don't think much about home. It's full with beautiful and horrible things, I just do what needs to be done." Frost answered.

"Have you aver had somepony special to return to? You seem like you are always on the move."

"I had someone, but they're gone now... SHHH!" he stopped when he heard voices coming closer.

"...Fluttershy will join us immediately, but we have to tell the Princess what we have discovered. Shining, take us to the throne room..." the voice of Twilight passed by.

"You better go before your disappearance becomes suspicious, I'll take care of the rest."Frost whispered.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

Fluttershy left the room and Frost to work on the gateway and caught up with her friends. Soon, they entered the throne room and were greeted by Princess Cadance and Shining went to her side. Celestia and Luna were there also because they were notified by Twilight before she left Ponyville and would not miss the chance of learning the important discovery that she has brought.

"Princesses, we have come to warn you of our fugitive's agenda." Twilight announced.

"And what have you learned, Twilight?" Cadance asked.

"He has begun collecting from powerful sources of magic, he only needs small pieces, but they can contain a lot of magic. He has already taken a piece of the Cutie Map and I believe that his next target is the Crystal Heart."Twilight finished.

"Are you sure about this?" said Celestia worried.

"I am pretty sure." Twilight responded.

"Sister, if this is true then he could be in the castle at this very moment, we found no traces of him in the Everfree forest." warned Luna.

"Oh no! Shining, go watch on Flurry Heart!" panicked Cadance.

"Already on it!" he said before he started galloping to his daughter's room.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frost finally finished his work on the gateway and he broke a piece from it. The pieces work like the Khaydarin crystals that the Protoss use and can be combined to create a gateway he can use to return to the Koprulu Sector. He carefully exited the room and made his way to the little princess' chamber. Surprisingly, more guards were stationed around Flurry Heart's area than in any other place on the castle grounds, this sparked some suspicion in Frost's mind. He realized that he may have been compromised, but he was so close to finish his mission that he could not back down, he would not. He engaged his cloak and bypassed the guards stationed outside the princess' room and entered with such stealth that no one around even noticed any disturbance.

Inside, he saw a pony in a wizard robe tending to the filly with his back to him. He uncloaked and slowly approached the unsuspecting Sunburst. He was right behind him when Flurry started to laugh which signaled Frost to catch the stallion by his neck and knocked him out.

"Wha-" Sunburst managed to say before he fainted.

Frost loomed over the little filly in her cradle who finally took a good look at the Terran and started to cry loudly. Frost tried to calm her down with a few lullabies that he knew, it took some time before he succeeded and Flurry Heart stood still with fearful eyes staring at him.

"Hush little baby don't you cry papa's gonna buy you a mocking bird..." Frost sang and he got a few giggles from the filly.

With Flurry Heart now calm, Frost proceeded to analyze the little filly using his visor that picked up strong psionic energy within her, especially her horn. With careful movement he got closer and started to cut a piece from her horn while he continued to sing to her. After he was done, he observed that it didn't really hurt Flurry Heart who was sound asleep. Frost wanted to move away from the cradle when he found himself on the ground after he was charged by Shining Armor.

"What are you doing with Flurry Heart?!" Shining yelled as he was on top of the Ghost.

Frost reacted by pushing the stallion off him and stood in a battle stance with his guard up ready for Shining to charge again. He did, and this time Frost met him with a few punches to the face and one to the stomach which forced his adversary to back down, but still determined to continue the fight.

Flurry Heart suddenly awoke and started crying and screaming due to the racket the two made. Shining wanted to go to her to get her to safety, but he was blocked by Frost who stood between him and his daughter, this enraged the young prince and started attacking again.

"Go tell the Princesses that he's here!" Shining ordered to one of his guards that was witnessing the brawl who started galloping as soon as he heard him.

Shining Armor managed to land a few good strikes to the stomach and liver and even the head, but he was still being pushed back by Frost that parried more and more of his attacks and then counter attacked with devastating blows to his sides. Eventually, Frost unsheathed his knife and held it in his right fist with the blade pointed outward. This worried Shining as he now figured out that he was now fighting for his life and possibly for the life of his daughter. Frost attacked and slashed at the stallion who tried to parry each attack, but to no avail as he was cut multiple time on his shoulders which led to a powerful stab to his right shoulder which made him collapse.

Frost stood above the exhausted prince and started removing the knife in a very painful manner when Shining's reinforcements have arrived. With the guards too shocked to react it fell on the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony to finish the job. Frost fully pried the knife out of the stallion before he was sent flying by a blast from Twilight which made him hit a wall and get impaled by his own knife in right arm. The knife had gotten so deep that Frost could feel the tip stick out of the other side of his arm.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before the fight between Frost and Shining Armor began, Fluttershy was with her friends and the Princesses in the throne room and was worried about Frost, but maybe he could finish his job and evade Shining. Maybe she could help him if there is no other way. She snapped out of her deep thought when Celestia started to speak.

"If he truly seeks strong magical artifacts or even ponies, then we must guard them day and night. Nopony knows what he'll do if he manages to collect enough magic." Celestia said.

"Do not worry sister, we will defend them with all our might. He will never even get near them. Plus the Tree of Harmony cannot be bested. It will not succumb to him." assured Luna.

At that moment, a guard rushed inside and was out of breath. After a few seconds of inhaling and exhaling, he told the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony what happened.

"Your majesty! Flurry Heart is in great danger!" the guard announced.

"What?!" Cadance could only shout as she started galloping through the halls to her daughter's bedroom followed by the rest.

Fluttershy could not believe that Frost would hurt a little filly after he promised her, maybe he was just caught at the wrong time. They arrived at Flurry Heart's chamber where they could see the fight between Frost and Shining Armor and how the prince was stabbed by the intruder to which Twilight replied with a magic blast that sent Frost flying into the wall and get buried by closets.

"Shining!" Cadance rushed to her husband.

"I'm fine. This guy sure knows how to fight." Shining Armor replied.

Celestia and Luna went to unearth Frost revealing him wounded by his own weapon leaning against the wall. They were still afraid of him because they still don't know what could he do and charger their horns at a safe distance from him.

Frost did not seem phased by the wound and before the Alicorns could react, he lashed towards the cradle that still held a crying Flurry Heart. He snatched her before the rest of the ponies could have gotten to her and held her hostage. He then revealed a detonation device in his right hand while he held the filly by her neck with his left hand.

"Don't move! If I press this, the whole castle is going down!" Frost shouted.

"You monster, you would dare hold a little filly hostage!" yelled Luna back at him before Celestia calmed her.

"Calm down, sister. What do you want?" Celestia asked.

"I don't want nothing.. Frost answered.

"Then why have you come in our castle and foalnapped our daughter?" asked a tearing Cadance.

"I just want to see everything burn!" Frost announced.

"Frost! You promised me you wouldn't hurt Flurry Heart!" yelled Fluttershy furiously.

"I thought I left you in that dark room after I knocked you out. I mustn't have hit you hard enough." Frost words seem confuse everypony there including Fluttershy.

"What?" she asked before she realized that he was just bluffing.

"There is a reason why they call me Frost. It's because I am cold blooded and ruthless, none who stand in my way will get any mercy from me." Frost decided to stall telling something about him and what he does.

"Shut it, We don' know what you did ta Fluttershy, but Ah'll be roasted if Ah'll let ya leave this place!" warned Applejack not knowing that Fluttershy sneaked behind a standing closet and started to push it and create a distraction long enough for Frost to escape.

Eventually, Fluttershy managed to topple the tall closet and everypony turned their heads to see what's happened as if only to turn again to see Flurry Heart sitting in her cradle laughing and holding the detonation charge that Frost threatened them with. They all screamed when Flurry accidentally pressed the button, but remained confused after nothing happened for a few moments.

"He tricked us! After him!" ordered Shining to the disorganized guards that immediately started the chase followed by the Elements of Harmony along with Celestia and Luna.

Fluttershy felt as she was running a little happy that Frost held his promise even though he threatened that he was going to break his word. She managed to make the falling of the closet to look like an accident so she wouldn't be suspected as an accomplice, but she will be asked about what happened to her when Frost said that he hit her.

Frost's trail was getting hotter and hotter so he tried to create obstacles with anything that he passed as he was running, even throwing the plates of terrified maids that couldn't even move because of his speed. He created special points where Fluttershy could easily pass through them and now was the closest to him as the rest of the ponies were left behind. He finally reached the gateway room and barred the door with Fluttershy also inside.

"I just wanted to thank you for keeping your word. I really thought back there that you wouldn't." confessed Fluttershy as Frost was planting small explosives on the gateway.

"I told you that I swear, didn't I? Here, take this." he said as he handed her another detonation device.

"What are you going to do now? Don't tell me that you're going through the portal, you might never come back and Twilight has friends there!" Fluttershy protested before the door started being pounded.

"It's the only way out. After five second press the button and say that you tried to stop me. This shouldn't give you a lot of trouble." Frost finished before he stepped through the gateway and after five seconds past it exploded, leaving no way to pursue him. Her friends finally breached the door baring witness to the scene.

"Fluttershy, are you alright darling?" worried Rarity.

"I'm fine, I tried to stop him, but he passed through the portal before he blew it up." Fluttershy replied as Frost told her to.

"Oh no, I must warn Sunset Shimmer!" said Twilight.

"For now, it falls to her and her friends to stop him." announced Celestia as she stared at the ruins of the gateway with her sister by her side.

"May she have strength to stand against him." Luna followed suite.

Author's Note:

Chapter 12 is out now and I was really excited to write it so I hope you enjoy it as much as I had creating it.

Let me know if you liked it or you found something that doesn't seem right and I'll see you next week.