• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 1,065 Views, 18 Comments

Ghost of a Chance - Boneguard



Agent Frost, a Dominion ghost, is in the first wave against Amon in the void when his striketeam among with a Protoss cohort and a Zerg brood get transported by void energies to a strange land called Equestria

  • ...
7
 18
 1,065

13-I am here in the shadows

Frost found himself in a town that seemed familiar to him in the middle of the night and in front of what he figured out to be a school with the statue of a horse behind him. He realized that the statue was the portal itself to this world so he had to make sure he isn't followed. He managed to block the entrance with some boxes that were heavy enough to make some sort of wall, he filled them with dirt and other things to make them heavier and even wrote "Do not touch" on the boxes using a pen that he always kept since he enrolled.

His sensors were going off the chart, but they couldn't pinpoint the source of the psionic energy so he had to lay low until he finds it. He saw two Terrans walking nearby who loosened him up, not being around ponies all day really invigorated him, but he saw that their clothing was different from his suit. He had to at least find something to cover his gear, he spotted a fashion shop after the Terrans were gone and he took a closer look. None of the clothes were really useful to him, but a trench coat that was on a mannequin in the middle of the store which hinted to being a very expensive piece. After he finished scanning through the glass, Frost smashed it and quickly ran inside to steal the trench coat and made his escape before anyone showed up.

He found a safe space not to far from the school because he thought that there must have been a reason why the portal led directly to it, he put on the coat which covered almost all of his gear and suit and he put a balaclava that he took from the store so that it covered most of his face. He still looked like a complete lunatic, but at least it will buy him some time until he finds the psionic source. He decided to sleep in an alleyway with a clear view of the school, he'd get more information in the morning when it will crawl with teenagers.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the morning, Sunset Shimmer was trying not to get late to class when she saw some boxes blocking the portal to Equestria which made her a little suspicious at first, but then she dismissed it as renovating tools for the gym which needed to be rebuilt. She met up with her friends that resembled the ponies from the other world and started talking about the trip to Camp Everfree.

"Ah am so excited to go in the forest and use mah know how to survive." started Applejack.

"You do know darling that we will sleep in tents and we will have enough food to last us the whole of the excursion?" retorted Rarity.

"Girls, let's just calm down and look forward to spending some quality time together with Mother Nature." said Sunset before a hooded figure bumped into her.

"Watch where you're going!" he shouted as he walked away.

"Sheesh, somebody sure could use a cupcake right now." said Pinkie Pie.

"What a jerk!" continued Rainbow Dash.

"Maybe he just has a bad day and he didn't really mean it" Fluttershy defended him.

Unbeknownst to them is that the hooded figure was Frost and he needed to touch Sunset so that he could confirm her psionic potential. Now that he had the information he needed to stay close to her and her friends to find the source of the psionic energy that he picked up that night. The bell rang and everybody went to their classrooms except for Frost who had to enroll first into the school.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a very weird admittance for principal Celestia and vice-principal Luna, Frost had gotten into Canterlot High School and he made his way to the cafeteria to eat something else than fruit and vegetables. As he entered, all eyes were fixed on him with awe or disgust, but the years in training taught him to keep his cool in every situation so he made his way to get some food paying no mind to the stares that he got. He went to sit down near the seven girls that sparked his interest, but he was blocked by a girl in a blue hoodie.

"And who might you be and why do you dress like a complete lunatic? The great and powerful Trixie demands answers!" she stated.

"I'm the new student here and I wear this because I have a skin condition." Frost responded.

"Very well, carry on. The great and powerful Trrixie releases you." she finished stepping away from Frost's path.

He sat down in the table right next to Sunset Shimmer and her friends who were looking at him with curious eyes. After a few moments of eating and staring and after everyone else returned to mind their own business, Pinkie Pie stood up and started a conversation with her new colleague.

"Hello, I'm Pinkie Pie and I love parties! The're one of my most favorite things if not the most favorite in the whole world. I heard you said that you have a skin condition so I was wondering if you can't stand in the sun, does this mean that you are nocturnal like a vampire-" Pinkie spoke very quickly before Sunset managed to shut her up.

"I'm sorry, she always gets excited when a newcomer arrives. Plus there's the trip to Camp Everfree in a few days." Sunset apologized.

"I don't mind, but I haven't introduced myself. My name is Florian and you are?" Frost started his plan.

"Oh, I am Sunset Shimmer and these are my friends: Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rarity and the one that wouldn't stop talking, Pinkie Pie." she finished.

"Nice to meet you, but I must apologize for bumping into earlier today." he replied.

"It's no problem really. I guess you were hurrying to meet with Principal Celestia." said Sunset.

"I heard some talking about a trip to Camp Everfree and I am curious to know about it." Frost wanted to learn more.

"I guess you arrived at the perfect time because new students can come for free on trips if they arrive a week prior. I think that you should come, maybe it will help you find friends." Sunset informed him.

"Oooh, if you come, I'll make sure you'll have the greatest time of your life!" announced Pinkie Pie.

"Ah sure woulda like to know more about the newest addition to our school." stated Applejack expectantly.

"There is not much to tell really. I was born with a skin condition which doesn't allow me to stay in the sunlight so I had to wear a lot of clothing and most of the time I felt like I was dying of the heat, especially in the summer. With nothing better to do I started training and studying almost every day to pass the time." Frost finished.

"I see you know about the old saying: 'a healthy body, a healthy mind'." butted in Twilight.

"Sheesh Twilight, leave the man alone with your egghead facts! I on the other hand would like to see if your training is as good as mine." Rainbow Dash said smugly.

"What would you like to do to see which one is the best?" asked Frost.

"How about a little soccer match? First one to ten wins." stated Rainbow Dash.

"Sounds fair, I do like a challenge." replied Frost.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's do it!" Rainbow yelled excitedly and grabbed Frost by the hand before she started dragging him out of the building and onto the field followed by her friends.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After an exhausting match for Rainbow Dash, she lost without scoring any points and she saw that Florian wasn't even winded, this kind of worried her because this meant that he must have been training even harder than her. They both returned to Sunset and the rest of the gang that spectated the match from the stands and they cheered for both of the contestants.

"Wow, you sure are ruthless, you didn't even let Rainbow to score one point." said Pinkie Pie.

"It doesn't matter, I wasn't warmed up so I couldn't move fast enough." defended Rainbow Dash.

"Yes you would. Florian, while you two were fighting for a ball, I went and discussed your company in the trip with principal Celestia and she agreed to let you come." announced Sunset.

"I am very grateful, but it seems that it has gotten quite late. I lost the sense of time because of this match and I have something to do so I'll see you guys tomorrow." finished Frost before leaving.

After a few seconds after Frost left, Sunset's journal glowed which signaled a message from Princess Twilight Sparkle from Equestria. This took her a little by surprise, but she really wanted to know what was going on back home.

"A message from the Princess? I wonder why at this time. 'Dear Sunset, I must inform you that a very dangerous human escaped us using the portal and I can't pass through it. I'm sorry I was so direct, but please try to stay safe and if possible try to apprehend him.'. This seems kind of fishy, don't you think girls?" asked Sunset.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence that Florian arrived exactly the same day as this man." Fluttershy tried to defend Florian.

"Plus, the boxes that no one can move them and that blocked the portal appeared there this morning so the scoundrel must be close." added Rarity.

"Anyway, we don't know enough yet. We'll be sure in a few days at best, until then, be very cautious." finished Sunset.

But while the girls were taking in the news, Frost was very close and he heard every single word that they uttered and now he returned to his planning.

Author's Note:

Chapter 13 as promised and I hope you like it.

I'll be taking a break for a week because of various reasons, but don't worry as I will return in two weeks with a brand new chapter, see you then.