• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 459 Views, 5 Comments

Police of Ponyville Episode 2: Find The Children - Shadow Storm 44



Children in Ponyville are disappearing left and right and yet there is nothing the police can do about it.

  • ...
2
 5
 459

The Claw Marks

It was a warm and partly cloudy day in Ponyville, it was the perfect day for flying as Storm made his way back home after doing a solo patrol. Star took a personal day off for who knows what reason. Storm didn't mind that he had to do patrol by himself, it's not like Ponyville is a big place after all, a small town with a princess doesn't seem to bad.

Storm looked down and saw that the town was being decorated for the upcoming Nightmare Night event a five days from now. The Town was really loved to go all out for these types of celebrations, even if it's a small town they decorate, celebrate and acted like they were a big city or if some pony important was coming.

Wow. Out of all the places I been and seen this town has got to be the most cheerful town I have ever been. Storm thought.

"Yes, it's a very nice town to settle down in." A voice said behind Storm.

Storm quickly turned around and saw Discord.

"So, we finally meet Shadow Storm."

Storm was puzzled, he has never meet Discord before in the 5 months, Storm did heard that Discord was reformed and that he now lives in Ponyville. However, that still doesn't explain why or how he even knows Storm.

"Yes, we do... you." Storm answered.

Discord's smile turned into a frown of disappointment. "Wait, you don't know who I am?" Discord asked.

"Should I?" Storm answered. It's probably best that I play dumb. Storm thought.

"Well, if you must know." Discord said with his smile returning. "I am Discord, the master of chaos and many others if you must know." Discord bragged.

"I'm really not interested." Storm said. Before Storm could finish Discord cut him off.

"For you see..."

After 3 hours of Discord explaining when and where he was born and what it felt like to be trapped in stone for thousands of years by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. However, due to the extra long day today and it's already 10:00 Storm was either half asleep or just fell a asleep in general, while flying. Storm was at his end he was about to finally go to sleep. He's head slowly went down.

"Oh my, look at the time!" Discord said.

Storm shot his head up from the response to Discord.

"It's late, so we will have to finish this story tomorrow Ta-Ta" Discord said before disappearing.

Storm was still trying get over all the events that happened today. Discord just shows up and starts telling his life story to a pony who he has never seen before in his life and a filly pegasus get's stuck in a washing well because, she said that a giant yellow bear said to so that she can see her friend again. Kids imagination is some what very strange now a days.

Storm finally arrives home in the middle of night. He landed in front of his front door and was about to open it. Until he heard a funny noise coming from the side of his house. Storm brushed it off, due to the fact that he's tired and it might be his mind playing tricks on him. But, it still didn't stop, then a idea came that it might be a robber trying to brake in.

Storm then walked carefully trying not to scare it off. When he looked the only thing he could see was a silhouette of what look's to be a bear. It seemed to be scratching the side of the house.

"Hey, get out of here." Storm yelled.

It looked at Storm and quickly ran in the direction of the Everfree forest. Storm didn't think too much in to it because, maybe it just lost it way from home or it was trying to get it the house and raid the Kitchen for all his food. Storm didn't know why it was here in the first place and he didn't care either, all he wanted was to go to bed.


The next day Storm was getting ready for work, in his house there was a knocking at the front door. Storm looked at the clock and it was 6:00 in the morning. Storm slowly approached the door in case it was a that thing trying to get in the house. Ones he was at the door he look through the peephole and saw none other then Star.

Storm didn't understand why Star is at his house they always meet at the station and if not there then they would be at SugarCube corner. Storm opened the door.

"Star why are you here? We don't meet at the station for another hour." Storm asked.

"There is a huge problem in the upper part of town. Two filly's have been kidnapped, and on top of that there are giant claw marks on the house. Star said with a serious tone.

"Wait what?... Are you serious?" Storm asked.

Star nodding confirming what Storm just heard. "The Boss said that two filly's disappeared not to long ago this morning.

"Alright I'll meet you there."

"Got it. I'm going to the school house and see if they heard or saw anything."

After that short conversation Storm quickly put on his uniform and left the apple he was going to eat for breakfast. He locked his door and flew to the upper class part of town where the rich pony's live. Storm never liked the upper class pony's, it not because he's jealous it was because they acted so smug just because they have more money and can own anything they want.

As Storm neared the location he could see that a large group have already formed at the house of the lost filly. About six officers were there, three were creating a perimeter for the detectives. Storm landed and took a quick look around and seen that the house was a two story house with many windows.

Storm decided to investigate the house a little more before asking questions. Storm walked to the left side of the house and saw that a window was broken but, it wasn't shattered, there was a small size circle just big enough for a filly to go through. However, the window is on the second floor there was now way that a filly could make that jump.

"This is very strange." A voice said.

Storm turned and there was Discord just beside him. He was hovering inches from Storm with his arms crossed with a look that was mixed with confusion and anger.

"Discord when the heck did you get here and how long have you been beside me." Storm asked.

"Oh, I just got here." He said with a smile

"That's nice anyway what were you talking about when you said this is very strange"

Discord's face then went back to that unknown look. "It's because this isn't normal magic. This was done with the help of Everfree magic.

"What?" Storm asked. "What the heck is EverFree forest magic?

"It's very dangerous and leave it at that." Discord said turning to look at something else. "However, there is one thing I don't understand what is that?" He pointed to the bottom of the window.

Storm looked and saw claw marks near the window two on the bottom and on the left side of the window. These marks are the same as the marks that were on Storm's house. Could the yellow bear done this or is it something else?"

"I have to go now. If I find anything I'll let you know."

"What?" Storm asked along with a confusing look. "What do you mean?"

"Long story just keep quite tell no one till I get back ." With those final words Discord made his leave.

Storm was still procession on what is going on. Two filly's were kidnapped, the window wasn't even broken and the claw marks are the same as the ones from his house. On top of all these strange questions is what is Everfree magic? Was it fake ? Did Discord just say that to throw me off from finding the real pony?

"Storm." A voice called.

Storm snapped out of his thoughts. He looked down and saw Star and long with there boss Night.


Two hours later Storm and Star were at the Police Station, in the briefing room discussing all the evidence that they were able to find in the two hours they were at the house. The room was filled with detectives and private investigators from Ponyville who had an impressive record or had a special record in these types of cases.

"Alright." Night said catching the attention of everypony in the room.

"You all know why your here so let's cut to the chase."

The lights turned off and the projector came on and there was a picture of two young filly's side by side. The filly on the left was pink and her mane was light purple with a white highlights she also had a tiara on both her head and cutiemark. The filly on the left was gray and had glasses had baby blue pairs around her neck and her mane was slightly lighter gray then her body.

"These two are the two fillys that went missing today. The one on the left is named Diamond Tiara and the other is named Sliver Spoon." Night pointed at each filly as she named them. "Here is our information. At 4:45pm this morning at Diamond Tiara's house her father, Mr Rich heard strange noises coming from Diamond's room. He want to look but, by the time he did Diamond was outside of her room levitating along side her friend Sliver Spoon."

"Wait, so they were both levitating outside of a second story house?" Couldn't they just have been standing on the roof or something?" A investigator asked.

Night shakes her head side to side. "That part of the house has no roof." She then changed the slide to bedroom window from where Diamond and Sliver were taken. "As you see, there is no where for either of the foals to stand. It would have been a straight drop to the bottom from both of there windows."

"Wait." Storm said a bit of frustration in his voice. "So dose that mean we have no idea who or what is behind this?"

Night sighed and rubbed her hoof on her head. "Yes." She said a but frustrated herself. "Also claw marks have been found on both houses. Other houses have reported these same marks since 2 weeks ago all over the town and some have even seen who or what is doing it."

Storm quickly looked up from the pictures that was given to him by Star. There were other reports of the marks? Are they from the same thing that is took the foals or is it just so wired and strange coincidence. Not wanting to miss change or look like a total idiot in front of everypony he decided to ask.

"Was it the size of a bear had two legs?" Storm asked.

A few laughed at Storm's question, Star even snicker at Storm. Insults from the higher rank officers begin.

"Your right." Night said in a cold voice. The laughter stopped before the insults could even start. Everypony in the room was speech less after hearing the was Night responded to Storm's answer."The witness have seen something among those lines around there house in the early hours of the morning."

Storm didn't believe a single word he just heard along with everyone in the room. Everything is happening so fast for this to be real. One thing is for sure. This is was not done by a pony, it was done by something else that lives in Everfree forest.

Author's Note:

Still new at this writing thing. So don't judge please.