• Published 18th Jul 2016
  • 5,848 Views, 121 Comments

Holding Onto You - AlliePastel



After experiencing the falling out of her family, Scootaloo finds herself turning to her godmother Fluttershy for guidance.

  • ...
33
 121
 5,848

Chapter Twenty One: Candy Bar

Sitting back in her buggy, Scootaloo noticed a girl half her size but in a similar predicament. Holding her bottle up to her lips, she nommed the thing’s rubber nipple and casually slumped back in her seat, trying to avoid eye contact with the toddler.

“Heh, alright. Well, I’m going to go look for some towels.” Fluttershy said, stretching her arms high in the air before turning to Sweetie Belle, “Would you like to look after the baby, or do you want me to? I’m good either way.”

“Hmm, I guess I’m okay with look after her.” The teen girl replied, walking up to the contraption. Looking down at her friend, she poked her shoulder. “Hehe, do you wanna buy some clothes, Scoots?”

Staring up at her friend, Scootaloo lowered the bottle and nodded.

“Hehe, well I’ll let you take the stroller. I don’t have too much experience with her in stores, but she has a tendency to doddle off.” The woman said, turning the buggy so it’s handles were facing towards the girl, “Here ya go.”

Grabbing ahold of the thing, Sweetie Belle turned her head towards the women. “Thanks. Anywhere you wanna meet up?”

Shrugging her shoulders, Fluttershy turned around. “Eh. I’m sure we’ll run into each other eventually. If something happens, just send me a text message.”

“Right.” Sweetie nodded before parting in a separate direction. Moving her way over to the junior section she asked, “So, Scoots. Are you looking for anything in particular?”

Glancing around, the small girl watched as rack after rack of colorful summary blouses and tops passed her by. Folding her arms over her tummy, she leaned back in her plush seat. “Eh. I mean I’ve been shopping for clothes twice this past week. I don’t really have anything I wanna gets.”

Amused by her friend’s sweet mannerism, Sweetie Belle heaved forward slightly. “D’aaawh. You’re so good at speaking all kiddish. Are you sure you don’t want to buy anything? I’m sure I could find you something cute to wear.”

“I dunno.” Scootaloo said, watching as she was pushed right up to an open cabinet full of jean shorts of various colors, styles, and sizes. “I don’t know if you can tell, but I haven’t exactly been too worried about clothes lately.”

Picking up a pair of black shorts, Sweetie Belle held them up and spread out the waist, glancing inside for the tag. “Hmm? I mean I’m sure we could find you something neat. I mean, I get that you’re dressing all underaged at the moment, but maybe you just need to look at some clothes to spark your interest.”

Shrugging her shoulders, Scootaloo began climbing out of her stroller. “I’m just boooooored. All I’ve done today is sat around and been a lazy butt.” She said, crawling over the plastic tray and hopping onto the store’s flat ornate carpet.

“Hmm?” Sweetie questioned, looking to her side. “Are you usually allowed to just get out of your stroller whenever you want?”

“Are YOU my aunt?” Scootaloo questioned, toddling to the back of her stroller. Bending over, she began digging into her diaper bag.

Glancing down, Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow at the sight of her friend’s diapered butt swaying shameless as she bent over. “Heh, I’m just saying. Unless you want to die of embarrassment I wouldn’t wonder too far from me. You might look half your age, but you still look really old to be dressed like that.”

“Well duh.” Scootaloo answered as she unzipped the bag. Getting down on her knees, she plopped her padded behind on her calves and began rummaging through the bag. “I’m not planning on running off. I just wanted to find something to do.”

Crossing her arms, the bigger of the two girls tilted her head to the side. “You know, if you wanted something from the diaper bag you could’ve just told me. I’m supposed to be your baby sitter and it’s not like I’m ultra-busy with anything.”

“I know, I was just really really wanted to stretch my legs.” Scootaloo said, pulling out a rather colorful looking tablet.

Face palming, Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow. “Oh my gosh, you really are a big little kid, aren’t you? You know I could’ve grabbed your uh- tablet- if you asked nicely right?” she commented, taking note of her friend’s perplexion with the device, “Is that even yours?”

“Yeeeeah. Fluttershy said my cell phone was kind of messed up. So, she let me have this instead.” She said, nonchalantly plopping her diapered butt on the store’s flat carpet. Glancing down at the screen, she began undoing its soft lock.

Looking down at the screen as well, Sweetie was surprised to see the selection of dress up games that Scootaloo had apparently accumulated. “Wow, you know for a girl who doesn’t like shopping, you seem to really have an affinity for dress up games, you know?”

Looking up at her friend with a bit of a sheepish smile, she shrugged her shoulders. “This is kind of a little kid tablet, so my app choices are uh- ‘limited’.”

“Well, that’s fitting isn’t it?” Sweetie cooed, reaching her hand down and ruffling her friend’s hair,

Kinking her expression, the smaller of the two girls tried to keep her composter as she began unlocking the device with her pointer finger. “Well, I AM supposed to be a big baby. At least my life isn’t gridlocked by math academies, reading, and modeling unlike some people.”

“Hmmph. Well, I’d argue with you, but I’m above arguing with little kids.” Sweetie retorted, examining a particularly sunny looking, somewhat tattered white demin romper. “Tell you what, I’m going to try this on real quick. Don’t wonder too far.”

Ignoring her friend’s wit, Scootaloo passively nodded her head as she kept her eyes glued to her tablet’s colorful backlit screen. Distracted by the unrealistically proportioned barbie-doll looking cartoon character on screen, as she pulled over various pieces of clothing and accessories onto her with the touch of her figure. That was, until she felt a presence tower right behind her.

“Excuse me, are you lost little one?” a gentle womanly voice questioned.

Feeling a cold chill run down her spine, Scootaloo cranked her head back a bit. To her relief, it was just an employee dawned in a red blazer.

“Uhhhhhhh.” Scootaloo sounded, shaking her head passively.

“Hmmph.” The woman, probably not five years older than the faux child questioned, placing her hands squarely on her shallow hips. “Well, if you’re not lost, then who’s looking after you.”

Realizing that she wasn’t exactly dressed with an heir of authority, the purple hair girl pointed her finger at the dressing room.

Raising an eyebrow, the employee questioned, “Your mommy is in the changing room?”

“Babysitter!” Scootaloo corrected, as if the insinuation was offensive.

“Oh. Hold on right here.” The young woman stated, walking over to a row of closet like structures that hugged the wall right next to them. Going to the only closed door of the bunch, the woman questioned, “Ma’am, did you leave your child and stroller outside?”

The dresser room door popped open, and Sweetie Belle poked her head out delivering a tame, but blunt, “Yes.”

Looking back at the girl, the employee replied. “Okay, well you can’t leave children under twelve unattended.”

“Oh my Celestia.” Sweetie Belle face palmed, “Here, give me a second.” She said, reaching behind her back and rezipping her dress. Taking the romper and other other clothes from off the shelf, she draped them over her shoulder and walked out.

Trying not to frustrate the older of the two girls, the young woman smiled. “You can take her into the changing closet if you want. You just can’t leave her unsupervised.

“Oh no, it’s fine.” Sweetie Belle said, non-chalantly walking by the woman and approaching her ‘little’ friend. Reaching down, she picked Scootaloo up by the underarms. “I’m sure they’ll fit alright, I do know quite a bit about a sewing after all.”

Continuing to stubbornly look at her tablet, Scootaloo did next to nothing to help her friend as she was lowered into the stroller. Feeling as her cushy diaper flattened against her backside, Scootaloo instinctively spread her legs into the appropriate sections of the divider.

“C’mon Scoots. We can go shop for your stuff now if you want.” Sweetie said, remaining the stroller handle.

“Wha? I don’t want new clothes though. Fluttershy already took me clothes shopping like a couple of days ago. Besides, clothes are dumb and overrated.” She retorted, continuing to drag and drop a variety of items with a touch of her finger.

Taking a deep breath, the older of the two girls swept off the comment as she moseyed over to one of the store’s main walk ways. “Well, Scoots. Thankfully I’m in charge here, because your aunt made it very clear to me that you needed a pair of jeans.”

“Jeans? How come?” Scootaloo said, hitting the power button on her tablet before setting it gently down on the plastic tray in front of her. Leaning back into the plush confines of her seat, she quietly yawned, before securing her lips around her thumb. However, much to her confusion, there was no response. Stuck where she sat, she watched colorful display after colorful display of décor deals and odd accessories pass by her. Until one rack in particular brought her ride to a halt.

“Awhhh, hehe. Look Scoots, car air freshers.” She said, picking up a tiny package that garunteed an authentic vanilla smell, “I bet if I clipped this to the back of your Pampers, I could get out of changing you.”

Smirking, the smaller of the two girls looked at the reflection of her friend in a faraway mirror with an annoyed expression on her face. With her thumb still passively stuck in her mouth, she fussed, “Hey, don’t be a meanie butt. You’re the poopy pants!”

Double taking at her friends exceptionally weak come back, Sweetie smirked. “Heh, OKAY stinky butt, whatever you say. I’ll tell you what. Why don’t I put on the diapers and hop in the stroller and you can push me around.”

Continuing to shoot an annoyed expression at her friend, Scootaloo could help but think about how that might actually be fun in the back of her mind. Then again, doing anything other than sitting down seemed nice to her.

“Hehe, that’s what I thought.” The older of the two girls replied as the dall distal sound of some slow tempo pop-song faintly masked the thump nature of her flats gracing the hard tile floor. Stepping onto a wooden floor with colorful pacifier clips, decorative sippy cups of many sizes, and various dollar toys of every variety within their own decorative shelves. She found herself just steps away from three different isles full of baby stuff.

A little surprised by the subtle bumpiness of the stroller as she was pushed, Scootaloo leaned in on the tray and looked around to figure out where she was being taken. “Wah? I baby isle? I thought we were buying jeans? I don’t need any baby stuff.”

“Oh, hush.” Sweetie Belle shook off her friend’s comment as she continued strolling pass the dozens and dozens of powers, oils, ointments, perfumes, and other nursery-room cosmentics sitting on their colorful displays islands. “I know I told you we were going shopping for jeans. But I just needed to keep you from throwing a hissy fit long enough to make it into this section.”

Crossing her arms, Scootaloo felt a dull warmth on her temple. “You act like I’m actually a baby. You know I’m not going to freak out if we need to pick up stuff, right?”

Ignoring her friend’s comment, Sweetie Belle contined down the aisle way, more than enamored by the gody, over saturated spring colors of the plastic diaper packages and other comestetics that lined the store shelves. All around her, prints of cartoon animals trying desperately to be the most eye catch, cutesy of the all. Thankfully for her, she wasn’t there for diapers.

Passing by a man, she hugged the wall as she crept through the open gap she had to move forward in. Contently, she looked to her right and found exactly what she needed; a package of white plastic pants hanging from a cardboard hook. “Huh. Alright, now we can go jean shopping!”

“Wai-wha?” Scootaloo said, retracting her attention away from a particularly pretty butterfly design that was plastered on one of the overly feminine pullup diaper packages. Cranking her head up- as if the awning wasn’t clearly obstructing her field of sight, the child questioned. “What did you get? I didn’t need any more diapers I don’t think.”

Making her way out of the baby isle, the older of the two girls made a right toward the kids section of clothing. “Well, no I wasn’t picking any more diapers persay. Fluttershy wanted me to pick you up some plastic pants for later today.”

“Plastic pants?” Scootaloo questioned, continuing to slowly rock left and right in her seat out of boredom, the dull air conditioning of the store causing her to bundle her arms closer together.

“Well, you know those old Looney Toon cartoons that played when you and I were sick from school when we were little?” Sweetie Belle added, passing through several more racks of spring colored graphic tee-shirts which were all equally dazzled with glitter and rhinestones. “They’re kind of like the diapers they had in that show. Except technically, they’re like underwear that goes on outside of the diaper; usually cloth diapers to be specific.”

Squinting her eyes, Scootaloo leaned head head back again, trying to picture it. “Ooooooh, yeah I kinda know what you’re talking about.” She answered before briefly pausing, “Why does she want me to have balloon rubber bloomers though? If we’re going swimming or something, couldn’t I just not wear a diaper or like- just a swimsuit?”

“Heh, well we’re not going swimming today. The rubber pants are actually just a precaution for a little modeling you’re going to do at my sisters today.” Sweetie responded, walking up to a rack of unflatteringly gaudy blue jeans. Pulling one from the shelf, she peaked down at the tag.

“Oooooooh!” the small girl sounded before the statement caught up with her. Frowning a bit, she whined, “Why can’t I just have some peace or fun already. Having to be measured for clothes is like- worse than having to try on clothes.”

Satisfied with the shape and thick elastic waist of the jeans, she threw them over the other clothes on the stroller. “Oh, you’ll be fine. After all, the only reason my sister is even designing clothes for you is because she LOVES designing clothes for babies.” Sweetie said, turning the direction of the stroller towards the closest dressing room, “The fact that she has a ‘baby’ as big as you is just a bonus.”

Her face turning a cherish shade of red, the small girl smirked. “We’re not going to be there ALL DAY, are we?”

“Heh, probably just until dinner or so.” Sweetie Belle responded in a soft voice as she continued her way to the dressing room. “But don’t worry. Aside from trying on the stuff my sister has already made as well getting the measurements for your waist, bust, inseam, and what not taken for some of the more form fitting clothes. You’ll probably be spending most of the day in the nursery room.”

Scootaloo sighed, watching passively as her friend opened the changing room door. “I guess that’s alright. I think.” She said, slumping back her stroller a little bit.

Pushing the stroller into the room, the older of the two girls leaned in and pushed the door shut; locking it in place. “Heh, well don’t worry Scootaloo. The boutique’s nursery is pretty bourgeois. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of fun.”

“Mmmm.” Scootaloo dramatically groaned, throwing her head to the side and huffing.

“Awwh, come here silly butt.” Sweetie Belle cooed, grabbing her little friend up by the underarms. Bringing her into the air, she backed up and sat on the room’s loan bench and the girl on her lap. Giving her a big embrace, she continued to sweet talk her, “Oooh, I know it can be sooo hard to have to go here and there and sit still like a big girl. But, I promise you’ve only got another hour or so of boring stuffs.”

Without a second thought, Scootaloo returned the hug, smooshing her purple bangs against her friend’s white blouse as she planted her head on her friend’s shoulder.

Bouncing the girl on her knee a little, Sweetie Belle rocked back and forth just a little. “Once we get out of this mall. We’re going to go to my sister’s house and after modeling for a bit, you’re going to be able play and take a nap as long as you want. Then, Rarity is going to help your mom make your hair all pretty and then give you a nice big meal before you leave.” She said, breaking away from the hug just enough to flash a smile at the girl, “And don’t worry. She really loves babies. So, you’ll feel right at home the whole time!”

“Mmm. Okay.” Scootaloo replied in a meek manner. Backing off from her friend a little bit. Crawling over her friend’s lap and onto the bench she smiled, “I think I’m ready to try on my jeans!”

“That’s good!” Sweetie responded, standing up. Doing a small stretch, she reached over grabbing the small pair of jeans off the stroller. Bending over, she opened them up turned them so that the zipper faced Scootaloo, “Here pumpkin, hop into these. If you lose your balance, just grab onto my shirt.”

Sticking her tounge out a bit, Scootaloo turned around and slowly climbed down from the bench, lowering her left and right leg into their respective pant legs before hopping down.

Satisfied with her friend’s coordination, Sweetie Belle watched her friend’s shoes pop out of the bottom of the legs and then proceeded to tug the somewhat ballooned bottom of the jeans up and over her friend’s pompous pampered bottom.

“Huh? How does it look?” Scootaloo questioned, reaching down to pull up the zipper; only to find there was none. Curiously, she tried looking at her backside only like a dog trying to catch its own tail.

Grabbing both the girl’s shoulders, Sweetie Belle stopped her little friend in her tracks. Lifting up the back of Sweetie’s shirt, glanced down at her backside. “Well, the butterfly stitch on the back pocket is cute and the waist seems to be stardy even though it doesn’t really cover your diaper. Not bad!”

***

“Oh, there you guys are!” Fluttershy called out, waving one hand while she pushed a trolly with her other hand.

“Eep! Fluttershy!” Scootaloo enthusiastically leap forward as much as the tray of the stroller would let her. Planting her diapered bottom back in the seat, she eagerly bounced a little.

Smiling warmly at her little one, Fluttershy didn’t hesitate to leave her cart behind for a second to address the girl. Reaching down, she yoinked her niece up from her stroller and into her arms. “Ooooooh, I missed you too sweetie.” She said, swinging her forearm underneath the girl’s pampered bottom for leverage as she hugged her.

“Mmmmm!” Scootaloo smiled, huggling her aunt extra tight.

“Hehe, were you good to Sweetie Belle, baby?” Fluttershy questioned, continuing to rub big slow circles into the the girl’s back. Turning around she raised an eyebrow at the older of the two girls.

“She was a sweetheart. She just kind of sat politely and chit chatted with me.” Sweetie Belle responded, moving her clothes from the handle of the stroller into the cart. “She also was a big helper when we were trying on clothes. Not only did she cooperate with me while I helped her try on her new pants. But, she also helped me pick out a sundress and try it on.”

Satisfied with the babysitter’s answer, she smiled. “Oooh, that’s good. I’m so proud of you.” Fluttershy cooed, lowering crouching down a bit, “I’ll tell you what. Because you were sucha big super-duper helper for Sweetie, I’ll let you pick out any candy bar you want!”

Puckering her lips a little bit, Scootaloo looked at the open checkout lanes with a curious excitement. “Oooh, thanks Fluttershy. You’re the best!” She cheered, hugging the women’s leg.

“Heh, easy bumpkin.” Fluttershy said, reaching her hand down and ran her hand through the girl’s already messy hair, “I’ve still got to ring this stuff out.”

“Oh, right.” Scootaloo chimed, backing off enough for her aunt to move through the line. Determined to find her perfect candy bar, she followed Fluttershy into the checkout line and looked from side to side at the hodgepodge of the candy bar’s brightly colored aluminum wrappers. Noticing a particularly interesting looking white-choclate candy bar towards the lower rack, she got down on her knees to grab it.

Keeping a close eye on her friend. Sweetie Belle walked behind the girl, looking down as the diaper peeking out from underneath her long shirt. Crossing her arms, she scolded, “Scootaloo, maybe you should get back in your stroller. You’re still not wearing bottoms after all.”

“It’s fine, I’m sure it’s not that noticeable” Scootaloo replied, leaning on her hands before pushing herself up; her diapered backside on full display to everyone behind her.

Without saying a word, Sweetie Bell snatched the candy out of Scootaloo’s hand and set it on the conveyer. “Scootaloo, I know you’re ‘young’ but even toddlers know not to crawl on store floors.”

A little confused by the commotion going on behind her, she looked at the cyan haired register person to see if they were reacting before checking herself. Twisting to the side a bit, she looked down only to find her niece who was standing up and tugging down her t-shirt.

“Ooh, honey. You didn’t fall over did you?” Fluttershy questioned, offering her hand as she pushed her empty cart forward.

Scootaloo lifted her own hand up, wrapping her tiny hands around the women’s palms. “Noooo. I was just picking out the candy. Although, Sweetie Belle took it from me and set it on the conveyer I think.”

Watching as the last article of clothing was run through the scanner, Fluttershy waved her one free hand to catch the attention of the cashier.

“Huh? What’s that?” the gentlemen questioned, glancing up at Fluttershy, “The total comes to £120.”

“Oh, that’s fine.” Fluttershy replied, reaching into her back pocket to grab the credit card attached to her phone case. Offering it over to the cashier with one hand, she used her other hand to point at one of the plastic bags, “Could you grab that candy bar from out of the bag. I was just going to give it to my niece anyway.”

Scootaloo beamed a little bit at the new titled but was quickly distracted by the offering of candy she was given. Excited to see a candy bar, she looked up at her aunt with a big goofy smile and giggled, “Hehe, thanky!”

Returning the grin, Fluttershy nodded, “You’re welcome pumpkin. Now, be a good girl and climb back in your stroller for Sweetie Belle.”

“Eep, sure thing!” Scootaloo squeaked doing a small hop before turning to face her friend. Toddling over to her friend in a less than dignified manner, she stopped just in front of the buggy’s tray and began trying to climb over it.

“Woah-woah-woah!” Sweetie Belle interjected again, grabbing her friend by the underarms and lifting her in the air again. Turning the girl, she lowered her feet first into the cushy star covered seat of the stroller. “Someone is a little eager for that chocolate, isn’t she?”

The small girl nodded her head, her eyes still locked on the chocolate as she sorted her legs through each of their respective holes again. Letting her back sink into her seat, she held the candy bar up in the air, watching with her mouth agape as she tore into its shiny aluminum outside.

Following Fluttershy out of the checkout lane, the older of the two girls backed off just enough for the women to push the gaudily branded bags into the undercarriage. “Hmm, didn’t we have like a big conversation about her eating sugar earlier today? What gives?”

“Heh, well you’ve got to give little ones a little positive reinforcement every now and again.” The women responded, taking a hold of the stroller handles. Pacing towards the mall shop’s open gate, she looked back at her babysitter in training, “Besides, something tells me she’s going to be moving around a lot today. So, I don’t mind giving her the extra sugar”

“Heh, I bet you'll regret it when we get to my sister's house and she's bouncing off the walls?” Sweetie Belle giggled, looking down at shoes; watching as he the movement of her flats screeched against the squeaky-clean marble of the mall’s main walkway.

Flattered by the compliment, Fluttershy couldn’t help but boast as she adverted her attention to the radiant entrance way of the ornate mall, “Heh, I'm sure we'll be able to handle her sugar rush. She is only one kid after all!“

Author's Note:

Wow, can I just say I knew it'd been a while since I posted a chapter but I didn't realize that it'd been four months.

I've sort of mentioned this in old journals of mine. But, I'm in University right now and my Fall 2018 semester- while not particularly difficult- was crammed with writing assignments because I was taking a mix of humanity related classes that required such a high concentration of writing that when I got a free chance, I'd usually want to spent my time working, exercising, hanging out with my friends, or drawing/listening to music, or basically do anything other than write.

That being said, I'm going to have a lot more free time/motivation this next semester than I did last semester to write! Not to spoil anything, but the next chapter of this story is going to be a pretty good one and on top of that, I've also got a couple of new mini-stories - including a pony Sweetie Belle story- that are in the works as well!

I might do a future journal update explaining my plans for 2019 in more detail. But, generally speaking, I'm more motivated to draw and write abdl content than I have been since 2015!

(Also side note, but pardon me if this chapter has any spelling/grammar issues. I looked over it twice, but my friend editor friend Lazynore is on vacation atm, so I didn't want to bother him. Much love to them though! ^^')

- England