• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 2,793 Views, 84 Comments

Messing with The Apple of Eden - RedundantRedundancy



Never mess around with a piece of Eden

  • ...
5
 84
 2,793

Chapter 1

He turned the object in his hands, it felt soft, like human skin, yet it held much power. Power that can corrupt those that hold it. The Apple of Eden. Ezio sat on his chair as he concentrated once more, searching for knowledge within it. He knew that curiosity can be dangerous, but he knew there was something else he had missed out on within the apple.

The object glowed, feeling the power seep into his mind once more, Ezio closed his eyes. His mind in a state of awareness of all the things around him. The Apple told him of many things, of those who held it before him, ideas that he thought impossible. The amount of knowledge seemed overwhelming.

Then he thought of the very thing he had sought for since the beginning of his life as an assassin. Peace. Instantly, he saw lush green trees, beautiful mountains, and a rising sun. He had longed for peace for as long as he can remember. Alas, he knew he would never have the luxury of being at peace for once. The battle with the Templars tired him. It was madness.

He had fought side by side with allies, killed countless of crime lords. But nothing will dampen that yearning.

Suddenly he was pulled towards a doorway that had materialized in front of him. For a few moments all he could see was brightness.

Landing on a soft patch of ground, the apple still in his hands, he faded to unconsciousness.

When he came to, the first thing in his mind was to survey his surroundings. He looked around, there were no hostiles. He was safe. He looked at the apple in his hands, or rather, hooves. Startled he looked closely at the hooves, they belonged to him. Trying to stand up, he noticed that he was some sort of creature. Spotting a calm river nearby, he looked at his reflection.

“Merda (shit)! I'm a pony!” he exclaimed. With a few practices, he stood on his four legs. All of his equipment was still with him, somehow changed to fit his new form. He put the apple on his bag and headed out of the forest he was in. He walked around the woods, hoping to find the edge, he climbed a tree and looked around. He saw a small village not far to the east.


Climbing and jumping through the trees, he got to the edge of the forest. He had finally adjusted to his new pony form. He looked at the village and headed towards it. He saw a small cottage near the edge of the forest, to him it was unimportant. He had to get to the village.

After a few minutes, he had reached the village. First things first, explore and try to know more about the village. A few ponies gave him some strange looks. It seemed the local populace of this town were ponies. He walked around, seeing quite a civilization among the ponies, they spoke to each other, sold items, food and trinkets.

He reached what he thought was the town center. He noticed there were three types of ponies, the normal looking pony, some winged ones and ones with horns that seemed to create magic. “Hello there.” a voice behind Ezio said, he turned and saw a lavender pony, it was a mare, she was one of the types that had horns. “I've never seen you before, so you must be new here,” she said, “my name is Twilight Sparkle. What's yours?” Ezio decided these ponies were trustworthy, “My name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze.” he replied. The unicorn's jaw dropped, “That's quite a name.” she said, “Well, welcome to Ponyville.” Ponyville. A fitting name.

Twilight told him all about the village and it's locals. She even invited him to stay for awhile in the library.

The library looked impressive, it was a tree hollowed out and made into a building. The library was well kept. They entered and Twilight told the assassin to take a seat. Refreshments were served, and Ezio told the unicorn his story. “For you to completely understand...here.” he said. Taking out the apple, he told Twilight to put her hooves on the object.

She did so, and she was shown the memories of the apple. It's power was overwhelming, Twilight had never seen or felt such power before. The knowledge was infinite. Just like the universe.

All the memories had been transmitted and Twilight just sat there, shocked to have felt such power and knowledge. Of all the things she had encountered, nothing matched the Apple of Eden, as Ezio had called it. It was power beyond imagination.

The power to shape civilizations and worlds, the power to rule and bring balance. But also the power to corrupt. “Grazie (thank you) for your hospitality Twilight. But I must be going, I have to find someplace to stay before sundown.” he said. Twilight snapped out of her trance and said, “I have a spare room you can use.” the assassin turned and said, “If it is not an inconvenience to you, I will stay. Thank you once more.” Twilight smiled, “Not a problem.”

Sitting down on the bed, Ezio turned the apple in his hands. He now knew why he was here, he had thought of peace and peace was brought to him. He put the apple back into his bag and lay down on the bed. Thinking of many questions, like how did the apple hold so much knowledge. The answer was far from his capacity of thinking. It was unreachable.

His first day in this world went perfectly, he had been offered a place to stay, found a new ally, and more importantly, peace.

His equipment had been polished and placed away, his sword leaned on the bed, his crossbow leaning on the wall near his bag, and the apple tucked away and safe. He trusted the unicorn that he had shown the apple to.

He then faded into a deep sleep.