• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 2,708 Views, 70 Comments

Seraphim - Salacar



Lysander, the last of the angelic Ascended, finds himself in a very different world.

  • ...
6
 70
 2,708

Chapter 11.5 - Thoughts

Seraphim

Chapter 11.5

~ Thoughts ~

‘Idiot idiot idiot… idiot!

I kicked the ground in frustration, wandering the small confines of my newest prison in anger. Anger directed mostly at myself. It was my fault after all, if only I hadn’t been so stubborn, so sure of myself, this would never have happened. It didn’t matter what he had said, it was always my fault.

‘It’s my fault… everything… I’m so sorry, Lysander’

With another moan of exasperation I kicked a small rock with my hoof, sending it flying out through the bars of my cell. The other ponies nearby didn’t even bother looking up, as if they had been drained of all reason to live, it was infuriating, it was pathetic, it was-…

‘No, don’t think like that, you’re just projecting your anger at them, it’s even less their fault…’

But it was their fault, wasn’t it? If they hadn’t been taken then Lysander would have had no reason to try and save them, if they hadn’t been so weak and helpless he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. It really was their fault, those stupid, weak ponies!

“GAH!”

Even yelling in anger didn’t rouse them from their inactivity, the most I got out of them with that action were helpless sighs and lost hopeless stares. I would find no help from them, how typical. There was only one other thing I could do, I’d have to-…

‘No! Mother said that we weren’t allowed, do you want a repeat of what happened the last time? Lysander isn’t here to protect us anymore, the best thing we can do is stay put and try to come up with a plan, if we only-…’

“SHUT UP!”

Still no recognition from the others around me, could be that they just thought that I was another slave who had finally snapped, gone mad in my imprisonment. Poor deluded foals, they knew nothing of what true imprisonment was… true loneliness…


Tears came unbidden to my eyes.


‘Please, Lysander, please be safe.’