• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 9,283 Views, 421 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - The Princess of Lordran - ratedoni



The Elements of Harmony didn't just purify Sunset Shimmer, they killed her and send her to the worse place any being would want to be, the world of Dark Souls. Will Sunset crumble or she will be the Chosen Undead?

  • ...
25
 421
 9,283

The Cathedral 01

His armor was so distinctive that it was impossible to confuse the warrior with anyone else, since there was probably no one else that would wear a smiling sun in the middle of his armor. If it weren’t because Solaire was really interesting as a human, not only because he treated Sunset nicely, she would at least do a couple of jokes in reference with his attire. Sunset knew that the sun drawing would be akin to the idea of a cutiemark considering his mission, but it was so childish in a way that it could be funny, that is if Solaire wasn’t also a rather formidable warrior.

“I didn’t think I would see you again, not after you disappeared in front of us.” Sunset readjusted her large coat’s hoodie. True that it didn’t quite work for armor, but by now she had grown attached to the wide sleeves and amount of pockets that were part of the attire. The only thing Sunset didn’t like was the way it flattened her hair.

“I will be truthful and say that I did not think I will find you, but it is fortuitous that our paths had crossed once more. After all, our roads seem to be parallel.” He seemed be every bit the gentleman he was when they found him, so at least that was good.

“What do you mean Solaire? You are thinking about something in particular.” Madeleine used her lance to rest her shoulder as she looked at her compatriot with curious eyes at his words.

“Well, you have to admit that your travel and mission deviates from the normal on this land. Usually undead and humans are in this place for their own gain, but you two, you are looking for an answer to the undead curse, isn’t it?”

“Well, technically I just came to Lordran to ring the Bells of Awakening.”

“But that’s the important part. After all, the legends say that by ringing them both, the fate of all undead shall be known. What could be more important? Well, except finding my own sun, but I admit it pales with your own mission Sunset of Equestria.” At those words, Solaire of Astora chuckled jovially at his own expense, making Sunset crack a smile too at the humor.

“It was just a favor. Besides, I needed something to keep me focused, anything, so it led me here, right in front of another gate of fog.” Pointing at the aforementioned construct, the trio of warriors left their humor behind and put attention to it.

“Indeed and so far we have found two situations behind them, either a great monster or another unexplored part of Lordran, but considering how close we are to one of the bells, well, I don’t think this will easy.” Madeleine put a hand over her face and slightly adjusted her silver masquerade. Sunset had been in the company of the dark haired knight that she had all but forgotten of that accessory. After so long, it had just become normal, although she had to admit it looked good on her.

“Do you think it will be another demon?” After meeting several of those abominations, Sunset was sure that she will find more and more of those obstacles in her mission.

“Well, from what I saw, there is little no chance of finding something like a demon. After all there is no space for a big creature like that.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure Solaire. After all, I would not be very complacent, knowing that a minion of Seath has been in this place.”

“Seath you say? I must admit that I haven’t met him through my travels. This is interesting. What would one of Lord Gwyn’s oldest allies want with this abandoned cathedral?”

“Nothing good, knowing what we know about that treacherous dragon.”

“I see you have a very bad opinion of the Scaleless one Lady Madeleine.”

“I have never trusted traitors and Seath is the greatest traitor of them all.”

“Whatever the case, we need to cross that gate to find the bell, but we know there will be some kind of ambush. What are we going to do about it?” It was clear that Madeleine had some strong opinions about the Scaleless dragon, but as informative about Madeleine’s personality it was, they had something important to do right now. Sunset was sure that with the three of them in one place, things would probably be less dangerous than in previous fights, if they found one at the other side of the fog gate, but it would be better if they had any solid plan about it.

“I believe there are not many options about this Lady Sunset. After all, there is only one way in which any adversary could appear, and that is in front of us. So beyond some archers I don’t believe there is much in which the enemy could surprise us.”

“If only I could be so optimistic about this as you Solaire. So far we have found many dangers, so I wouldn’t be complacent. Still, if you all have your shields, I suppose we could step into the gate.” Madeleine took her spear and checked her shield before turning to Sunset.

It was a bizarre feeling for the redhead. After all, she was in front of two warriors that had more experience than her, but she didn’t feel any change in their behavior with her. It wasn’t as if they were looking down at her just because she was an inexperienced fighter. Sure, after the kind of trip she had inside Lordran, there was no way she could be a novice at fighting, but she could feel how experienced and powerful the two were in comparison with her. It was humbling in a way, but not in the bad sense of the word.

This whole time Sunset didn’t feel as if Madeleine was mocking her for her own inexperience, but that she was fond of her and was trying to help her. It was a bizarre experience for the teenager that had tried so hard to break others apart, to gain power in any way, and here was this woman, giving her company and friendship, just because she was there, never asking for anything, just… standing at her side.

Sunset looked at the two of them, one wearing the masquerade, the other with his bucket helmet with a feather and felt, if not happiness, at least contentment for the first time in a long time. So that’s how it felt when she allowed others to help her? She had been such a fool. So with one nod at both of her companions, Sunset took a step inside the fog gate, quickly dissipating the energy that made it cling to the archway and she stepped into the tiled roof.

Sunset felt the wind that hit her right on her face, making her long coat move alongside it. It was refreshing, but also dangerous, considering the kind of drop that it represented. At least it wasn’t as if she could fall down by mistake, but it was true what Solaire had said. There was no way something like the other demons could step onto the roof. It would not only be very dangerous, but the proof of their weight would be visible on the tiles. The only thing worrying her were the statues at each side of the roof. Fearsome granite vigilantes, forever protecting the site, even after the people living in the city were long gone.

Behind her, she heard two set of footsteps signaling the rest of the group standing atop the roof, but before they could safely advance, they heard it - the sound of stone creaking, of something moving, of something breaking, and something hollering at them.

Author's Note:

*Creak*