• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 9,283 Views, 421 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - The Princess of Lordran - ratedoni



The Elements of Harmony didn't just purify Sunset Shimmer, they killed her and send her to the worse place any being would want to be, the world of Dark Souls. Will Sunset crumble or she will be the Chosen Undead?

  • ...
25
 421
 9,283

Steps Up

“I swear, if it weren’t because the people on this city liked beef jerky and every matter of jerky I would be dead by now.” The melodious voice of Madeleine took Sunset away from her ruminations. She turned around from the place she had been sitting to look at her only companion in this weird land. Sunset had begun to really like the vantage point they had found across the bonfire. It was up some stairs and they had to clean off several hollows that guarded it, especially annoying since those were the guys that were throwing black firebombs -at least that’s how Madeleine had called them- at them. It was a very nice revenge considering one of her deaths had been caused by those guys.

Close to the newly cleansed part of the city they found a door, one that seemed to be impossible to open, at least from their side, but Madeleine assured her that they would probably find some way to open that road later on as they continued to move across the city. It seemed that the place they now inhabited had several roads and alleys that connected everything, some sort of shortcuts the natives had built. Not that it helped them at the end considering the amount of dead people they had found. Madeleine and Sunset ended up creating a bonfire to be able to cleanse the bodies of the hollows. After all, it was possible that at any moment those things would get up once again. It was not pretty and the sound of charring hollow skin was not a nice thing to remember, but hopefully neither of them will wake up with a bunch of charred hollows looking down at them as they slept.

The redhead was now only wearing the robes that had appeared on her when she was transported to Lordran, but took off the hood from it, letting her hair fly in the air thanks to the small breeze that was present that high up in the city. Behind her and walking in her direction, Madeleine kept wearing her full armor alongside the long white robe and masquerade, which Sunset never asked about. Maybe it was part of the whole set? Maybe Madeleine had some kind of scar and didn’t want to show it? Or maybe there was something else involved with the white porcelain mask with golden lace trimming. Either way, Sunset would probably not recognize the other warrior without it.

The seasoned warrior was at that moment munching on some kind of jerky while she held a ceramic jar on the other hand which she passed unto Sunset. The redhead then sniffed the contents and shrugging her shoulders took a long gulp of water that did little beyond making her feel slightly refreshed.

“You are so lucky with not feeling hungry because rations would be a lot harder to get by. Right now I’m surviving on jerky and whatever else I can find, but if we want to make this our main base and home we will have to find a lot of things, or make them ourselves because there is no hint of farms or anything else in this city.”

“What do you think happened to these people?”

“Geez kid, ask me something less somber, but this is Lordran and there is very little that is optimistic. Truthfully, I don’t know. There was not a lot of information about this place when I was training back home. The only thing we knew is that it was overruned by the undead. Sadly we were in no position to help since we were dealing with the first cases of the Darksign and our doctors were going crazy trying to find a cure. None were successful. In the end, people escaped this place in search of somewhere the Darksign couldn’t find them. They’re probably all dead, or wishing they were dead.”

“What about Astora?”

“I don’t know… haven’t been there in such a long time. Spent my time going around the world, trying to find artifacts of Astora… I guess I just… never found a reason to come by,” Madeleine said, looking at the perpetual grey sky and the clouds lazily travelling far away from them.

“Do you… do you have a family?” Sunset asked, slightly curious but also worried that this was a very private question. She herself was feeling homesick in a way, but for what world? She didn’t have many good memories of the two. One, because most memories she had from when she was still Celestia’s student were now tainted with regret, the other because her last moments had been as a literal demon.

“I have several sisters, they’re everywhere… at least I hope so,” Madeleine said, taking the jar and finishing the water inside before putting it on the wooden bench Sunset had pulled from one of the houses just so she could sit down. “Well, enough remembrance. If I remember correctly you have a promise to finish and I also promised that I would help you. Let’s go on with the adventure.”

“Yeah, adventure. More than likely I’m going to die in some horrible way.” Sunset was already imagining the ways in which she will wake up back at the bonfire, but she had a mission, one that involved two bells and probably the cure to whatever was happening to her.

The duo took hold of their few items among them; dust that contained a strong magical aura that Sunset knew will be useful later on, her new/old as Tartarus crossbow with several bolts that were now on a quiver; several packs of jerky and water since Madeleine was still human and needed rations and with that, the two began to ascend the stairs into the tower that connected the Undead Burg with the rest of the city, but as Sunset began to ascend the stairs inside the tower, something called her attention, a small flash that made her look directly at the door closed in front of them.

“That’s weird,” Madeleine said as she followed Sunset. “That’s a very, very weird door.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s a… weird feeling…? I just know something’s wrong with it,” Madeleine said, not quite sure how to explain herself, but Sunset fixed her sight on the door and concentrated. After a few seconds she could see it, dark magic rolling out of the seemingly normal wooden door.

“It’s sealed, with very powerful magic. This is not normal. Who would even do that?”

“Who knows? I mean, considering that any hero and villain from every single era, from both the past and future of Lordran, can walk in and out as they please, anyone could have done it… what’s that?”

“It’s a key, but why was it left there? It’s like…”

“Someone left it there, but why?” The two women said looking at the strange key inserted in the keyhole and wondering, what exactly was behind it?

Author's Note:

Yeah, seems like they are going to meet someone you really don't want to meet most of the time.