• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 9,282 Views, 421 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - The Princess of Lordran - ratedoni



The Elements of Harmony didn't just purify Sunset Shimmer, they killed her and send her to the worse place any being would want to be, the world of Dark Souls. Will Sunset crumble or she will be the Chosen Undead?

  • ...
25
 421
 9,282

The First Night (Edited)

Watching the raven suddenly appear and take Sunset on its claws had made the girls jump in slight fright. Although considering everything that Sunset had gone through in the Asylum, this was nothing. At the very least, they would probably be immune to all scary movies for the rest of their lives.

The six finally breathed easily once the image on the statue began to clear away and in its place there was once again a clean surface; no mirror, no portal at the end. It was a weird sensation for Twilight. After all the portal was her only route to where she could go back home, to her own friends and family, her own obligations and where the crown was more relevant than a simple teenage dance and high school popularity.

It felt weird. She knew very well that the portal was not working anymore but still felt surreal to touch the stone surface of the statue base. She knew she should feel sadness, even some depression, but right now she was barely winding down from the rollercoaster that was Sunset’s first step into the world she had all but helped throw her in.

Twilight knew that no matter what she would have the image of Sunset lying under the hammer, her body torn apart and her blood splattering everywhere imbedded on her mind. She would probably dream with it tonight, if she ever went to sleep.

“Oh no, Twilight, the portal is not…” Fluttershy couldn’t finish the sentence as she put her hands over her mouth, then the rest of the girls also saw the smooth concrete base be as unyielding as every day and they all understood.

“But it’s not possible. The moon is still up. Shouldn’t it be open until next morning or something like that? You told us it works with moon cycles.”

“That’s true Rarity; it should be open. But it seems that whatever happened with the Elements of Harmony and its power just… closed the portal, or maybe it changed its properties so we would be able to see what happened with Sunset. I’m not sure, and frankly I feel too tired tonight to get to a conclusion,” the princess told her friends as they all turned and began to look each other, silently asking who will take care of the pony turned human.

As one they all put their attention on Applejack. She silently sighed knowing well why she was the perfect candidate. She was the only one that had enough space in her house and there were no crazy antics, no younger siblings that created shenanigans (Apple Bloom by herself was way more tame than Sweetie Belle would ever be) and it was in a nice enough area. Also she was the only one with her own transport; but before she could open her mouth to offer some assistance the sound of something burning caught their attention.

Turning around to the statue something began to appear on its side, almost as if the letters were being burned on it. The girls put their attention to it and saw a message slowly being burned into the stone.

The mirror will open.
Once the ruler finds her crown.
Let those guilty see their actions.
The stage for Faith is upon us.

-----

There wasn’t much talk inside the pickup truck as Twilight watched the world go by through the window. For his part Spike continued to slumber, this time on Twilight’s lap. That he had been asleep for the duration of Sunset’s disappearance was a testament to how tired the little doggie was and Spike’s propensity to deep slumber.

The princess felt a little bad that she had all but forgotten about Spike in the aftermath of the mirror message. It had taken Fluttershy, always the animal lover, to remind her of her small assistant.

Absentmindedly petting him as he kept sleeping helped Twilight calm down, but she still felt her brain working a mile an hour, or as fast as it could considering how exhausted she felt at the moment.

Applejack noticed that. She too felt tired, but being raised among farmers and her constant visits to other members of the Apple clan’s farms made the blond girl a tough cookie when it came to late nights and tiring labor.

“Still thinking about that weird thingy in the statue?”

“I… I don’t know what to make of it. It’s so fascinating but leaves more doubts than answers for me. Who wrote that? What happened with the portal? Am I… am I ever going to go back home?” That last question was the one that was in the head of the group and Applejack knew that it was something she didn’t have an answer for. She tried to think what she would do in her place and found herself with a sadness so deep that it scared her. She knew that she was nothing without her family. After all, it was what made her… well herself.

“Don’t worry Twi, we’ll find a way to get ya back home.”

“Thank you Applejack… but truthfully, I’m more worried about Sunset.”

“Yeah… can’t believe Ah would say this about that gal, but Ah sure hope she finds a way back home… Tell me something Twi, is the world Sunset is in anything like your own world?”

“Oh no, we may have some dark magic and dangerous monsters but those are few and between. I don’t think there’s anything as dark and dangerous in Equestria. Not even Discord could do something like that. Even when he tried to take over, he went for the wacky and insane instead of death and destruction.”

“Nice to know. So… think we will find more about Sunset? Ah mean, the portal is not working so how are we supposed to check on her?”

“You know what? I have a feeling that whoever is behind all this, be it the elements or someone else, will let us know very soon… I just hope Sunset is fine wherever she is.” It was quite the day if Applejack agreed to it when talking about Sunset. The usual bully may not have been a constant thorn on her side, but she was someone that knew how to make Applejack’s blood boil. Then all this happened, and now she found herself waiting for the return of Sunset, or at least to see her well.

‘You hear that Sunset?’ The blonde girl said on her mind while driving. ‘You better come back in one piece. Don’t you dare be beaten by that stupid world.’

Author's Note:

Twilight and the rest rest for a night, mentally preparing themselves for Sunset's next stop, Firelink Shrine, but wait, where is the usual knight and who is that figure in white?

Now I got the great XIII Hearts as my editor so thinks will probably be alright... who am I kidding? This is Dark Souls, nothing will be alright for now.