• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 9,274 Views, 421 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - The Princess of Lordran - ratedoni



The Elements of Harmony didn't just purify Sunset Shimmer, they killed her and send her to the worse place any being would want to be, the world of Dark Souls. Will Sunset crumble or she will be the Chosen Undead?

  • ...
25
 421
 9,274

Step into the Forest 04: Two Eras

Well, it wasn't exactly a spider that attacked her, but considering how many legs butterflies have, well, they are probably very close cousins… ugh, I just imagined a flying spider the size of the Moonlight Butterfly and I just shuddered… you’re welcome for the mental image.

In the middle of the forest and in almost complete darkness besides the weirdly places moon, which really, it does not make sense to have a place like this with no sun and in complete darkness; the whole ‘all-places-are-connected’ thing that happens in Lordran can give you an aneurism trying to understand, with ages being connected, worlds being bridged by the whims of broken time and as things went worse, even places were pulled together, mashed until nothing made sense.

Sunset’s ears were still ringing from the shockwave that threw her around like a crash test dummy; it was sad to admit that at this point she had become a little more than used to being used as target practice.

Sunset Shimmer had understood very quickly that she was no apex predator in this world, that she was just another undead trying to survive an unforgiving world, and the fact that a butterfly (giant notwithstanding) was capable of magic powerful to propel her into the air, well, her ego would have been bruised if it weren’t for the fact that it had been pulverized by the unrelenting madness that was Lordran.

Trying to get her bearings once more to try and fight back, something happened, the world shifted once more and as the mist passed she found herself… alone, with nothing to accompany her, but the sounds of the butterfly wings flapping, with the sound of small bells echoing from the delicate-looking appendages, just as she was once more backed into defense, with her shield having to resist the unrelenting barrage of magic spears, knocking against her and while her shield was able to withstand the damage she was still being pushed backwards.

Oscar’s last gift seemed to be impressively enchanted if it was capable of negating so much magical damage, but Sunset had no time to stay behind her shield, she needed to do something about the flying opponent, even if at the moment she was alone; she didn’t want to think about what could have happened to her companions, if they were just out for this fight or if her world had been disconnected from theirs, she had to survive this moment right now.

Just as she was charging the flame on her hand, a feeling that made adrenaline rush through her body once more, she had to duck underneath something she hadn’t been expecting; the rush of air sending backwards her hair was proof of the force behind the action and as she jumped backwards she was in awe at what was trying to destroy her; it was a huge behemoth of a golem that had for some reason been going for her head.

“As if this thing couldn’t get worse!” She was alone, fighting two opponents that were clearly covering each other's weakness, this was probably the worse situation she had been in alone, but just as she was ready to hold her ground, something underneath her began to shine, illuminating the sunless forest at the moment the golem was preparing for another swing.

In a second, as the flash of conjuration passed, the huge mace that was the golem’s arm was stopped in the air by someone kicking right into it; the power of the golem still sent the man sliding backwards, but the attack had been stopped.

Finally, she got a good look at the man that had just helped her, with short black hair and slightly tanned skin, wearing a long blood red coat with a double A symbol on the back, a white shirt underneath, dark pants and leather boots almost reaching his knees. The man was definitely unlike any other person she had met in this place, he seemed so out of place.

“Well, this definitely doesn’t look like Drangleic, but of course, there is always a redhead involved in this,” he said with a big smile as Sunset stood looking at the man, “yo! Sunset Shimmer, pleased to meet ya! Call me Architect!” He said with a big grin on his face as the battle had now become two versus two.

Author's Note:

And we are back.

If you don't know who that is, check the Adepta Sororitas story.