• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 2,096 Views, 58 Comments

The Fluttercordiest - D Historian



Fluttershy and Discord really like each other. Unfortunately, they are the only two creatures in Equestria who do not know that the feeling is mutual.

  • ...
4
 58
 2,096

Resolution 2- Raining Anger

The rain pelted Fluttershy aggressively. The non-stop pouring had already drenched her within moments, and now she was freezing. Her fur clung to her in dripping tendrils, which dripped water everywhere.

The sky was an amass of grey, the stormy expanse crying, fat droplets of water splattering down to land on the cold shivering Pegasus. She trotted along, shaking to shed off water, like a lost little puppy. She slipped and skidded on the mud, sending stains up her hooves, but scrambled on, moving her hair out of her eyes, in efforts to squint through the rain with her vision unobstructed.

Fluttershy felt utterly miserable. She was cold, very, very cold, and everything was freezing. She could hardly blink past the onslaught, sighing and leaning against a cold tree trunk. It scraped away at her matted fur and dishevelled mane, tangling in the undergrowth’s debris. The pattering noise was increasing, as Fluttershy stumbled blindly through the forest, feeling branches rake and claw at her. Her throat constricted several times, and her face was stained with both rain and tears.

She was running from something, she could not remember what, but she remembered what it felt like when she saw it. Fear. Pure primal fear, an instinct to flee running through her veins, making her heart thump louder than ever. She remembered breath, hot, moist breath, so warm it turned the rain drops into steam.

Breathing felt like drowning. Droplets of water streamed into her face, past her hair, and made her splutter whenever she was out of breath. The rain was always following her, lowering her body temperature and trying to freeze her from the outside.

Fluttershy choked and tried to use a wing to cover her face, but as she lifted the wing, feathers flew and scattered the floor. Her wing burned in agony. The other wing followed suit, and invisible flames licked the appendage, giving off screaming signals that fired up her nerves with electricity. Soon, her wings were reduced to ashes.

She kept running. Her hooves melted into the ground, dripping through cracks that ran through the unyielding and seemingly endless path underfoot. Fluttershy crashed headfirst into a tree foliage, thorns scratching away at her, and paralysing her instantly.

A scream tore from her throat, but it was soon filled by water, and she choked, and drowned, and…

She was distinctly aware that a warm pair of limbs wrapping around her, and she instantly relaxed. The pair was mismatched, but perfect in her opinion. They were warm, and velevety, and loving. She snuggled deeper into the embrace, smiling. They were so familiar.

The nightmare melted away. All that was left, was warmth, radiating.

~~~

Angel’s jaw dropped. Her scampered forward, to save his owner, who was cuddling with…that THING! He looked through the window of Fluttershy’s cottage, from his hiding place that he had been camping when the mane six and Discord’s sleepover had been announced. He hopped forward, mouth open and small paws ready to kill, and bashed headfirst into the glass of the cottage’s window. Pain and fury flashed briefly, before the world went dark. Curse you, Snake-Horse!

“Do you want to wake them?” Rarity hissed at Applejack, who was struggling not to laugh. Fluttershy was curled adorably in Discord’s tail, sleeping on the outer side, on the verge of falling into the mess on the floor, the remains of their sleepover.

Applejack smiled, turning away and gesturing for Rarity to follow suit. “Nah, They’ll be fine. Give em’ another minute before the others wake up.”

Fluttershy sighed blissfully in her sleep.

Author's Note:

I thought this would be funny to make. After all, we never did get a resolution to the sleepover, did we?