• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 2,096 Views, 58 Comments

The Fluttercordiest - D Historian



Fluttershy and Discord really like each other. Unfortunately, they are the only two creatures in Equestria who do not know that the feeling is mutual.

  • ...
4
 58
 2,096

Chapter 2-Fluffy Sleepover Mayhem

Fluffy Sleepover Mayhem

Disclaimer: This chapter contains fluff and fourth-wall breaking.

"Discord! Get the materials for the s'mores!" Fluttershy hollered, sweat dripping down her back as she searched through the array of coloured blankets frantically, biting her lip to stop from crying out in despair. Discovering a stuffed toy under the nest of fabric, she tossed it aside, before turning around expectantly.

"Here!" Discord paused his pillow conjuring, to look for the items in question.
A plate balanced itself precariously on the end of a scaly red snake tail, the feathery tufts of white gripping it, as if it were a hand. The ingredients tipped to a side, the slanting mound of marshmallows stopped from their floor ward plunge by a strand of the white plume. It swung into Fluttershy's reach, where she grabbed it out of the winding red tail. In the process, a strand of white hair was yanked off painfully, making the creature attached to the end of the tail yelp, massaging it.

"Fluttershy! You pulled my tail!" The draconequus whined, before freezing at the stare that Fluttershy shot his way. It did not have the same effect as it did on the animals, but the frustration etched in them was scary on her usually sweet nonetheless. The usually gentle pools of teal were burning with irate, a scowl forming on her adorable face. The Angel-Chainsaw incident still fresh in his mind, Discord shrank, literally, and meekly continued to help, stacking pillows into a pile, his hurting tail forgotten.

Fluttershy felt a pang of guilt at forcing her friend, blinking apologetically at Discord, who was busy tossing pillows, the marshmallowy projectiles shooting mercilessly at the already tall stack of fabric and covers, which was somehow surviving the onslaught. Leaving him to create and throw more pillows, Fluttershy raced to her little cottage's kitchen and put the s'more ingredients, arranged messily on a large platter, into the fridge door, before shoving it shut.

Sighing with relief, Fluttershy smiled, relaying the things that needed to be done for the sleepover in her mind, pleased that pillows were the last thing before her friends arrived. She trotted back towards the living room, her position relaxed, at last. Now, if Discord was done making enough pillows for a pillow fight, they would be all set and done in time for-

Fluttershy's mouth gaped open, her eyelid twitching. She turned her head from left to right, trying to take in the sight. She cleared her throat. "Discord, that's enough pillows..." She shakily said, eyeing the towering amount of pillows, the sheer amount making Fluttershy's brain boggle at the numbers and digits, not to mention how they were fit into the cottage without brushing the ceiling or disturbing the animals, who had all fled previously when they heard about their mistress's chaotic friend helping to arrange a sleepover that they were not invited to anyway. That friend had curled his serpentine body around a reeling Greek pillar made of fluffy cushions, still magicking more out of thin air with little flashes. He turned his eyes, which Fluttershy found herself immediately noticing how intense they were when they were focused directly on her, making her heart skipping a beat, despite the fact that the orbs of gold and red were narrowed in confusion. Discord frowned, scratching his white goatee. He tilted his head at the city of pillows.

"Eh...really?"

A yellow hoof flew into Fluttershy's face, closing her eyes in resignation as she facehoofed. Frustration was beginning to edge its way back...

~~~

"Somepony remind me why we're having a sleepover with Discord again?" A raspy voice intoned, rolling her cerise eyes. She flapped her blue wings lazily, hovering above Twilight, who was carefully reading a slim handheld manual, it's brown cover lettered with 'Sleepover Tips: A beginner's guide!' in silver cursive, the alicorn scanning the document thoroughly, not missing a detail. She looked up at Rainbow Dash's query, before looking back down at the thin book. Her magic aura lit with magenta glitter, the same colour that enveloped her book. The group of ponies walked along the path, which shone a coppery brown in the dying sun's hues of gold and crimson.

"We were supposed to have our annual sleepovers today, but I wanted to bring Spike and you wanted to bring Tank, which is implying that you think Spike is a pet, but then Fluttershy pointed out that today was her Tuesday tea with Discord, and she really did not want to miss it after last week's mayhem." Twilight answered monotonously, still focused on her book, but speaking without missing a beat. She paused and shuddered at the previous week's happenings, the memories apparently not only fresh in Discord's mind, but in Twilight's as well. "So Pinkie suggested we invite Discord, since it wasn't fair that they must reschedule their tea if he could just join into our sleepover. Then Spike went off on to Canterlot to discuss something with Princess Celestia and couldn't come, and you decided against bringing Tank since Discord was coming." Twilight inched her face slightly away from the book. "So, basically, he was invited by Pinkie."

The spontaneous pink party pony bounced by, nodding in agreement to the princess's statement. Her hair bounced with her in time with each hop, her blue, fourth wall breaking eyes fixated on her spectrum haired friend. Each spring brought her to where Dash was flying, where she could look the Pegasus in the eyes, which was both disturbing and startling to any flying creature. "Why do you still hold such a grudge against the Disco? Didn't we have an amazing episode a few Seasons ago about us bonding with Dissy? Why is it always that Dashie doesn't approve?"

Twilight, whose muzzle was finally out of her sleepover manual, shrugged before she properly mulled over Pinkie's question, only processing the bit of the sentence she understood. "It's cliché, I guess. Always one friend who doesn't approve."

"Woah, woah, it's not that I don't approve..." Rainbow quickly defended herself, her hooves in a defensive position, as if trying to ward off an invisible parasprite. The hooves waved about, suddenly attracting Pinkie's attention. "It's just...I don't think that Fluttershy should be so trusting of him. He's a fun guy to hang around, but the minute he decides to do anything to her...BAM! He's back to being a garden gnome." The two front hooves punched expressively at the air, narrowly missing hitting a raspberry curl that belonged to Pinkie, who was still hopping along higher.

"I get that you're worried, darling, but there's no need to be uncouth!" Rarity chimed, unburying herself from the conversation she and Applejack had been engaged in. Applejack nodded, stomping the ground gaily. They had been listening in, but had stayed quiet.

"Exactly, sugar cube! Besides, if Discord does hurt Fluttershy, we'll give him the what-for, don't ya worry!" Applejack decided for some reason to drag Rainbow down to the dirt path beside her, tail first, to pat her reassuringly, which was more like a hard slap that would have knocked a petite pony senseless. The five trotted along, before Twilight inserted herself back into the words of her book, absorbing the knowledge at a swift pace, flipping pages.

The crinkling sound of paper was disrupted by Pinkie Pie, who burst out laughing, the other four diverting their attention to her. Twilight's mouth formed a 'why-', before that question was answered by another pillow shooting out from the cottage ahead, the door ajar, and landing a few metres away from the first pillow, which Pinkie had grabbed and was attempting to aim back at the door, but somehow missed by at least a kilometre.

The five quickened into a canter, clearing the distance and peeking into the door. The sight that lay before them was too hilariously traumatising for words. All four mouths dropped open in surprise, except Pinkie's, who was giggling her head off, but managed to get out nearly incoherent words, that everyone was thinking, breathlessly. " I think it's Dissy who needs protection from Fluttershy, not the other way around!"

And she was absolutely correct.

A feebly twisting and trashing draconequus lay in the caved in remains of what appeared to be a pillow fort, but seemed too sophisticated. He struggled helplessly against a scowling Fluttershy, who was sitting cross-legged on his cinnamon coloured chest and firmly holding a pillow over his face, preventing him from breathing. She smothered him angrily, before noticing her friends, her ears pressing down flatly against her head. A smile flew to her face as she released the deadly pillow.

"Hi g...girls!" She managed.

The newly recovered Discord sat up and was vaguely aware that he tackled Fluttshy to the floorboards of the cottage, before he realised they were being watched by other ponies, those ponies feeling really awkward at the sight of the yellow element of kindness pinned down by the long chimera. Fluttershy was immediately aware that Discord's face, bright red like her own, was inches away from hers. His foreclaws lay right below her neck, but not uncomfortably, and his body was surprisingly light. Discord could only comprehend that Fluttershy was being his cushion, and that her silky fur was really as soft as it looked, alarm bells ringing in his head, screaming 'Off! Off!', but the alerts were not echoed by Fluttershy, who stared dreamily at the cinnamon coloured chest that looked like a heaven of softness that she could just melt into-

The warmth that lay against her was gone, a slightest hint of breeze where it had been so warm previously making her shiver as she followed Discord's action of sitting up and avoiding eye contact with the other elements. An awkward silence ensued, the tension drifting densely in the atmosphere. It grew thicker and reminded Discord of the Angel-Chainsaw situation, only instead of the heavy furious fire that filled the previous one, this tension was stretched with embarrassment, like a strained rubber band on its breaking point. Twilight decided to ignore the multitudes of protests that went off in her mind and cleared her throat, which was suddenly very dry, and plastered the widest smile she could manage on her face, the faltering grin matched by the ponies on either side of her, except for a certain party pony, who suddenly burst out from the debris of the pillow civilisation, and starting shrieking madly, dispersing the atmosphere with a clean little pink poof, the impossibly spacious cottage filled with Pinkie Pie's loud yelling.

"Pillowwww...Fight!" Rarity gave a high pitched scream as a similarly coloured cushion blasted into her forehead with the force of confetti, courtesy of Pinkie, and impaled itself on her horn, where it stayed, like a surrender flag, and an invite for others to begin as well. Pinkie laughed like a maniac, which Applejack took for a sign for her to buck a pillow at the other earth pony, the white projectile sailing straight past Pinkie as she twitched herself out of the way, the cushion landing, in a flurry of feathers, into Discord's blank face. The draconequus had barely anytime to register what was happening before everyone was thrown into a mayhem of a pillow war and the cottage erupted into chaos. Ponies ducked and cried, those who gave in or were knocked unconscious were soon buried in the unforgiving landscape.
Pillows flew like deadly misses, striking anything that moved until it moved no more. Every surface was soon coated with feathers, but the cushions kept flying, the furniture and ponies suffocated in the landslide of pillows. Then everything was quiet.

The delicate soft structures, constructed accidentally during Discord's pillow creating, was now all part of the field of cushiony white desert of pillows. Not a speck disfigured the lumpy field of white. It was silent for a while, before an eagle talon, seeming to belong to a large bird of prey, stuck through to the surface, the muffled sounds of someone's breathing becoming more audible. The claw groped around, before the rest of a chimera's mismatched body poked up, hefted by the talon.

"Victory!!!" A triumphant baritone called out.

~~~

"Truth or dare, darling?" Rarity adjusted the pink rollers curled in her purple mane, addressing her spectrum haired friend. A smirk settled on her face as she brushed imaginary dust off her perfect mane. She leaned against Applejack, who was busy munching cucumber slices.

Rainbow licked her lips, sticking her tongue out in the concentration of thinking of a good answer. She eyed her friend nervously. She wanted to say dare, and see what Rarity would task, but was also worried at what Rarity would bring up. "Truth.", she deflated with a sigh. Rarity nodded, her grin getting more conspiratorial, winking at Applejack, who Rainbow glanced confusedly at, with her involvement. The fashionista's voice dropped.

"Who do you have a crush on?"

Rainbow did a double take, her wings fared up in a massive heave, glaring at the cackling pair. She bit her lip, hissing at the dilemma she
was in. Forfeit, or tell, either way was humiliation. She glanced left to right shiftily, seeing that Discord and her friends were busy, occupied with packing away materials and arranging a row of sleeping bags, getting ready for bed.
She took a massive breath and opened her mouth to reveal who it was.

"It's-"

"Hi! What you guys up to?" Pinkie exclaimed, pouncing on her pink striped sleeping bag, which grudgingly took her abuse, and scaring her Pegasus Friend through the ceiling, who screamed, her hair on its end. Rainbow Dash pulled off physics-bending stunts that would have made Discord proud, zooming up without the help of her wings. She leaped high, knocking into a hanging birdhouse and snuggled deep into her own sleeping bag, her tail emerging in a rainbow waterfall, twitching occasionally. A decidedly and pointedly loud snore emerged.

Rarity groaned, rolling her eyes at the farm mare seated on her other side, who shrugged and retreated into her own sleeping bag, disgruntled at not finding out the sought information being yanked away after it was dangled across their faces. The unicorn stretched her limbs, careful not to brush against Twilight, who was already fast asleep. Rarity tucked herself into her own purple duvet. Closing her eyes, but letting her eyes prick up at the sound of a certain two creatures conversing. A slight smile crossed her face as she pulled her sleeping mask taunt around her face, words running tracks in her head.

Dissy and Fluttershy, Sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-…

“Are you sure you’re okay with sleeping on the couch?” Fluttershy asked softly, amused at her draconequus friend, who stretched on the smaller couch, tapping the green fabric to make it shift colours. He grinned at her, his predatory teeth not scaring Fluttershy, but sending a thrill down her spine at his award-winning smile. He hugged the sofa in mock tenderness, giving it a sultry gaze.

“Why, Fluttershy, I had no idea you were so worried about me! Yes, I’ll be fine. I’m sure the couch will agree too.” He stroked it again, but it caused the Pegasus standing in front of him to shiver, her gaze heating up. This caused much mirth to the lord of chaos, who waved her away with sweeping claw actions, shooing her towards her own sleeping bag, which she had insisted on sleeping in despite her bed being upstairs.
Fluttershy complied with a yawn, her eyes closing, asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow and-

Sat up in her sleeping bag, staring straight out at the conveniently placed window, a silvery half-moon illuminating her friends’ faces, sleeping all around her, except Rainbow Dash, who was trying to imitate a cocoon for some bizarre reason. Breathing sighs and little wheezes signified that they were genuinely sleeping. Applejack pulled a pillow closer to her face, a thin line of drool connecting her lips and the cushion.

Her throat was achingly dry, and the living room, and its sleeping inhabitant was suddenly calling out to her invitingly. Fluttershy got up from her comfortable nest of fabric, her stiff limbs still slightly asleep, making the Pegasus stamp them softly to get the blood flow circulating again. She trotted toward her living room, sighing at the curl Discord was in, snuggled against a pillow, a cute little snore drifting now and then, making Fluttershy giggle and she made her way closer. She stumbled forward, bumping into Discord’s neck fur, the silky grey strands smooth and straight before where it turned brown and fluffy.

Fluttershy froze as the snoozing draconequus shifted, turning over, his red tail flopping off the small couch and falling to the ground. It snaked toward her and wrapped around her middle, the refreshingly warm scales rubbing against the Pegasus’s furry torso, giggling when the tufted hair tickled her chin. The tail tightened and Fluttershy found herself clamped between the draconequus’s tail, and his fur, which she chose, turning and breathing in the heavenly stormy scent of his fur, smelling like the aftermath of a wild rainstorm.

His warmth enveloped her on all sides. It was the most addictive and gentle thing she had ever felt. She hugged the long serpentine neck pressed against her chest, sighing, feeling as home as ever now that she was safely tucked in the lord of chaos’s arms.

Then she realised what a scene they looked like, her getting suffocated pleasantly in the draconequus’s coils. Her face lit up as she struggled slightly, even though she had no intention of ever wanting to leave. The tail twisted around her remained unmoving, stubbornly defying her wish to move. She gulped.
“Oh dear…”

Author's Note:

I hoped this chapter did not disappoint! I am still new to this!
I hope you enjoyed this! I do not own any of the MLP characters, but I totally ship fluttercord.
Once again, leave feedback and stuff in the comments, as well as comments suggestions for future chapters! Speaking of which...Next Chapter (Some time by the 25th or so)...The ULTIMATE ANIMAL SHOW DOWN! Look forward to that!
As always, I am always here!
~DragonHistorian