• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 2,096 Views, 58 Comments

The Fluttercordiest - D Historian



Fluttershy and Discord really like each other. Unfortunately, they are the only two creatures in Equestria who do not know that the feeling is mutual.

  • ...
4
 58
 2,096

Chapter 3-Blackmail

Rarity shifted drastically, her toss accidentally causing several white sheets to fall off her wide bed. Her glittery sapphire magic caught them on instinct, the white sheets drenched in bright blue light, even while she was asleep. It was an instinct, a reflex. The newly retrieved blankets arranged themselves around her, perfection and OCD making them neat and tidy through her dreams. She tossed again, burrowing her head into her pillow, her muzzle scrunching up. Words tumbled out of her mouth, spewing onto the pillow, forever muffled. The words paused, unheard.

Then her eyes opened. The dark sapphire orbs lit up, glowing in the predawn darkness with an inner revelation, a smile on her face. The word "Flutter-" made it out of her mouth, before her eyes snapped shut, dimming the momentary light flash in the room.

Everything was as it was again. Silent. Peaceful.

Until Rarity decided to make another move.

She sat up, breathing heavily, eyes peeking open. "Fluttershy and Discord were so close at the sleepover." She nodded, agreeing with herself.

She collapsed, like a folding chair, back onto the bed, fast asleep, again. Her magic flickered around her horn, eyelids gave a spasm.

The process repeated. Several times.

"Maybe there's something between them I don't know." She yawned.

"But I shouldn't interfere!" She countered herself.

"No, no, you aren't! You are just going to...check...on them!" She tried to convince herself.

"But I might interrupt something." A worried crease started to form.

"Not if you're careful." A sly grin perked up.

"It's wrong to spy on friends."

“As if that has ever stopped you."

"Touché."

She fell back asleep, a knowing smirk now etched on her face.

~~~

Discord watched the sun hit the faraway horizon, rising, as he lay, unmoving, wound carefully on the various obstacles that perched on the roof of Fluttershy's cottage. The fuzzy material on the roof made him itch, but he had an uncharacteristically serious frown adorned on his face, peering at the light that grew ever brighter. The golds gradually bled to blues, the painting themselves across the sky. White wisps that were clouds caught a breeze, moving like a flock of sheep, in the blue pasture of the sky.

He listened to the various sounds of animals and creatures waking, stirring life into the day, shaking off the fatigue of the night. Critters yawned, and eventually, another voice did too. A softly melodic voice, ringing out like a chorus of angels, calling her animals to take their meals, kindness and tenderness in every undertone that came with her voice.

Then it was singing.

Pure, clear and beautiful, wild and free, singing for her animal friends to hear, because she felt happy. An innocent happiness, a euphoria at being alive, drifting in the very air. Infecting every creature.

It was morning, and the day was full of the bright blues of the sky, and the life and chaos that lurked and waited to happen. At this thought, Discord cheered up, a smile discarding on his previously sombre expression. His grin stretched wider as he readied his fingers to snap.

It was time for some chaos!

“Fluttershy!" The self-proclaimed lord of chaos reappeared above the pony, roaring and making the Pegasus squeal. Animals shrieked and scattered, running and wreaking havoc, oblivious to their owner, who cowered slightly. She reared up, feathers ruffling in fear, making her appear as a furry ball.

"Yeep!" A squeak came of her mouth. It was clearly not what she wanted to say, but it would have worked excellently as self-defence against a wild predator, who would have dispersed in fear at such a weird sound.

The world froze in shock. Everything paused to stare strangely at the unequine sound that had burst from the now scarlet pegasus's throat. Then reality resumed.

"Discord!" Fluttershy glared, face flaming. The animals continued to scamper off, now out of annoyance than fear.

"BUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!" Discord replied, clutching his sides and howling. "What was that noise?" He waited for an answer.

"..." Fluttershy mumbled, hiding behind a curtain of pink hair, which did nothing to hide her blush. She gathered a significant amount of composure, shaking her head at her laughing cru...friend.

"It's not nice to scare ponies, Discord!" She retorted, scolding lightly. She yelped inwardly when he wound his serpentine body around her, making her shiver, not from fear, but from the crashing tsunami of emotions that raced in her heart. He was so warm.

"Why, my dear, I just wanted to see you! There's nothing wrong with that, right?" He snickered at her face, which was twisted in conflicting thoughts. Several things pounded through her head at once. He had wanted to see her? Why did he scare her when she was usually used to his antics? And, why was he so warm?

She was vaguely aware of the world still in motion around her, and of being thrust about in the air, and laughter, but snapped to when she landed onto Discord, who blinked, worried at her silence. Had he overdone it?

"Are you alright?"

No! I am feeling things I can't explain! "Yes...I'm just...surprised." Fluttershy hugged him in greeting and forgiveness, letting a smile form, blinking. "But why...?"

"Do I need a reason? I just came to see you!"

Really?! "That's nice." Fluttershy could feel her heart increase in pace, and hoped the draconequus pressed against her would not notice. He was oblivious to it, but observed the red tint of her cheeks. Then he was suddenly aware of how close she was to him. Then Fluttershy nuzzled him, causing a tidal wave of heat to burst from his cheeks.

Instantly, he did a double take and careened away from her on instinct, trying not to let his embarrassment show. What was she doing? His heart accelerated as thoughts, mostly confused and chaotic, rush through his mind.

Fluttershy felt a surge of disappointment at his reaction, heart slowing and drooping. Had she taken it too far? She must have crossed a line somehow. Not that it usually mattered, but she was very nervous around him nowadays. She had thought he shared her feelings. At this revelation, her heart sank even further. She inched away from the shocked chimera, which felt a stab of guilt at her sad expression. She misunderstood his silence, turning away.

"Wait, Fluttershy, I..." He began, but was quickly cut off by a waving yellow hoof.

"No, no, it's alright, I get it." She stated monotonously, fighting tears and determined not to look into Discord's eyes. "You probably should leave now." She took a few steps back into the darkened corners of her cottage, stepping out of the grassy field she had been feeding her animals in. A few flowers crinkled underfoot.

"No, wait-"

The door slammed shut, inches away from Discord's face, making him wince.

"I screwed up, didn't I?" He addressed the empty and lifeless garden, unaware of a watching and plotting pair of dark blue eyes, and a faint ladylike gasp.

Rarity felt determination, a strong sense of romance and drama pulse through her veins. A devilish grin split her face, her eyes sparkling mischievously. She had not done this sort of thing before, but based on the level of drama, and her romance novels, she needed an elaborate plot to fix Discord’s mistake, and it would probably take some...blackmail.

Author's Note:

Muahahahaha
To be continued!
I'm sorry about not publishing 'The Ultimate Animal Showdown' as I promised, but after re-reading it, I decided it needed more work, as I was unsatisfied with the results.

Comments ( 10 )

Nooooooo Rarity no blackmail

7523873
Do you really...wanna...fine. :facehoof:
Nope

Um Rarity? How is blackmail going to help Discord and Fluttershy? :applejackunsure:

7533072
:rainbowwild: can't tell you that!

7523873
The x makes it sound cool.

My gal rarity bout to blackmail my boi

Will this ever be continued?

9099611
If I’m being optimistic, yes, because I have the story planned out. I am waiting so I can focus on my other things first, however.

Login or register to comment