• Published 8th Jul 2016
  • 1,285 Views, 92 Comments

The War Within Equestria - Addictive Reads



Rainbow Dash had her loyalty pulled apart. When Celestia and Luna declared war against each other, Rainbow had been seperated from three of her friends, and many more. While out on a mission, she meets a stallion of great power at her enemy's side.

  • ...
4
 92
 1,285

Reasons And Choices-Chapter 8

"You should've just left me alone," Soarin muttered bitterly.

The two pegasi had just flew out of the cave and landed in one of the many jungles in The Plains.

"Then what? Leave you to die?" Rainbow shot a sharp glance at him,"If I did, you wouldn't be here!"

Soarin turned his body to face her, and his gaze softened. Rainbow Dash refused to meet his eyes. "I know," his voice lost its usual edge, "but you're a Lunian, and I'm a Celestian. We aren't supposed to help each other."

Rainbow finally looked back at him in the eye. "Which reminds me, what are you doing here? I'm sure you know this is a dangerous place," she placed a flat tone.

Soarin replied, "I'm here, sent by Ruler Celestia."

"Odd. I'm here for the same reason...what are you here for?"
"To find the Journal of Tirek."
"Wait a minute..."

Rainbow's eyes flashed from him to his saddlebag. Her eyes widened. "I'm here for the same reason..." she muttered to herself. Why didn't she think of asking him this before? "Then, have you found it?"

"No. I believe you're searching for it too?" Soarin raised an eyebrow. "That's why you're so...interested?"

Rainbow nodded, and closed her eyes.

If she wanted to continue with him to find the book together, they'll have to fight each other to the death to decide who will get the book. If she didn't continue with him and go in their own separate paths, one of them would find the book first. If she grew too close to him and formed a friendship, she would never bear to kill him.

Not to mention that she couldn't even bring herself to kill him now.

If she went with him...she would have back up and company along with her on her journey to find the book...

Rainbow Dash rubbed her temples, feeling very stressed. She opened her eyes slowly and looked up at him.

"We should get going on our own..." Rainbow sighed. "We shouldn't meet again." She took two steps back, her eyes never leaving his. His eyes were filled with sorrow and regret, reflecting hers.

"Wait...Crash," Soarin flashed a smile, attempting to lighten the situation.

Rainbow didn't know what struck her. Her heart seemed to skip a beat. Her breath was hitched in her throat.

His smile is...breath-taking, all of a sudden.

She shook the thought out of her mind, and blushed.

"Huh...? What?" Rainbow stuttered, struggling to scrap up what self-respect she had left.

Soarin shook his head teasingly. "Remember you asked me how I recovered in a span of a night?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't know, but there was a glow coming from that weird tattoo of yours. The glow was outlining our bodies."

Rainbow looked at her tattoo, her blush vanishing, and her expression turning into one of confusion. "Huh? But it's only supposed to heal me, not anypony else," she looked at him again.

"I know, but when I let go of your hoof, the glow disappeared immediately," he added.

"Oh," Rainbow looked down.

Soarin took two steps towards to her. He smiled warmly, making her blush slightly again. He gave a mock salute. "Farewell, Crash." Soarin turned away and started walking in the opposite direction.

Rainbow blinked. "Wait!" She grabbed his forehoof.

Soarin stopped in his steps. He turned around. "Yes?"

Rainbow returned the warm smile. "It was nice meeting you, Clipper."

Soarin smirked and winked at her. Her eyes grew wide and she swore there was a huge blush on her face. She quickly let go of his hoof.

Rainbow Dash turned her back to him, walking deeper into the jungle, not turning back.

"Looks like I'm back to being alone again," Rainbow huffed as she took out her map and compass from her saddlebag. "Let's see..." she muttered. "Huh. The compass is going haywire!" Her eyes widened as she saw the needle spinning round and round.

Something rustled in the bush to her left, then her right. The needle followed the rustle's direction. Rainbow tensed. She slowly pulled out her dagger.

A presence stepped in behind her. Rainbow turned in a flash, knocking the creature off its feet. It was a...stallion? She looked up and saw several other stallions crowding her into a circle.

It was the group she faced a day ago. The group that caused her to meet Soarin, since she ran away from them.

As she was distracted by her thoughts, one of the stallions whipped a sack over her. She was scooped into the bag. Rainbow was being ponynapped!

Rainbow thrashed and kicked, but to no avail.

She could feel one of the stallions carry her up and start walking towards a direction. Rainbow needed to flee. But she couldn't.

Because nopony was around to help her.

Author's Note:

Will Rainbow Dash ever meet Soarin again?

Where was she taken to?

Will she be saved?

When will I ever stop asking questions?

P.S. I'm sorry for updating late, AGAIN!:twilightblush: