• Published 8th Jul 2016
  • 1,282 Views, 92 Comments

The War Within Equestria - Addictive Reads



Rainbow Dash had her loyalty pulled apart. When Celestia and Luna declared war against each other, Rainbow had been seperated from three of her friends, and many more. While out on a mission, she meets a stallion of great power at her enemy's side.

  • ...
4
 92
 1,282

Disaster Strikes-Chapter 6

"Hey! Careful! They're changelings!" The stallion shouted over the noisy battle.

"Got it!" Rainbow Dash gave a quick nod and flew up into the air. Several changelings followed her, and some turned into the stallion, some turned into herself. "Dear Luna, how am I supposed to differ them from the real stallion?" She muttered as more changelings crowded her vision. There were many copies of the stallion and herself.

"Hey!" One copy of the stallion...or the real stallion shouted from behind her. Rainbow whipped around, and asked, "What was my former job?"

The stallion pursed his lips, not answering. It definitely was a copy. Rainbow Dash kicked it immediately, sending it flying across the room.

"There are too many!" Rainbow Dash screamed, "We need to escape!" Hoping the stallion heard her, she flew forcefully towards the other end of the cave, hurling any changeling who dared to block her way.

As she approached the end, she spotted a hole large enough for her and the stallion to squeeze through. Rainbow glanced back. The stallion was nowhere in sight. She wanted to just leave him here, but she did not want to be alone again when the next danger striked. Groaning, she ran into the bustling army of changelings.

"Hey! Where are you?!" Rainbow Dash called desperately, hoping the stallion was not torn into shreds already. More changelings surrounded her, standing a circle around her. She was trapped again. Their horns glowed green all at the same time. Rainbow had a bad feeling for this. She tried lunging out at them, but realised she was frozen into that pose already. She was stuck.

Panic. That was the first thing that came to her mind. Rainbow growled and grunted as she tried to move, but to no avail.

Was she just going to die, by the magic of the changelings?

All of a sudden, a brown and black flash dived towards her from the air and hit one of the changelings surrounding her. The flash attacked rapidly, and a moment later, all the changelings were down. The flash came to a stop and Rainbow Dash realised it was the cloaked stallion. He stretched out a hoof to help her up, and she accepted it gratefully, slowly testing her limbs to check if they could move.

"I found a way out, c'mon!" Rainbow Dash led the way to the hole she found earlier on.

The two reached the hole. "You go ahead, I'll find a way to block the hole so that the changelings won't follow us," he quickly pushed Rainbow towards the hole, and flew off to a part of the cave that she could not see.

"Sure..." Rainbow Dash muttered, and squeezed through the hole. She was greeted by a sight of a huge pond...in another tall cavern? However, this time round, it was different. She could see the cavern clearly as there was a huge hole at the top of the cavern, shining the sweet sunlight into the cave. Great! She could finally escape all these horrible and dangerous caves. There were plants along the pond, fern, moss, algae. The normal environment that Rainbow Dash thought she would have never been so happy to see.

A while later, she heard the familiar sound of...thunder? It was coming from the hole, where it led to the changelings' cave. A huge flash followed. Wait a minute...for thunder to occur, there must be thunderclouds in the area, but Rainbow had not seen any clouds in the cavern, so what was generating the thunder? Curious to what the source was from, she peeked through it.

Rainbow Dash was shocked by what she saw. Utterly shocked.

The stallion was flying through a large thundercloud that she had not noticed that was in the cavern, channeling the lightning and electricity along with him, towards a huge boulder above her hole. Rainbow gasped. Nopony could just channel all of the thundercloud's electricity along with them, much less control the direction of it! Being a weather patrol pony for so long, Rainbow Dash had never seen anypony who knew how to! This stallion was defying the laws of nature! It was impossible! Ugh. So was the Sonic Rainboom.

Wait. If he was channeling the lightning to the boulder above her hole, he was trying to block the hole with the boulder? Great, another exit blocked. However, he had no choice, too.

It took all of her willpower to tear her eyes away from the incredible sight. Rainbow Dash trotted over to the side of the cave, preparing to dodge any large rocks that might manage to get through the hole.

A huge tumble of rocks rained down on the hole, sealing it. The crash and collision of the rocks ground up masses of sand into the air. Rainbow Dash coughed and looked around as the sand begun to settle.

Her eyes grew wide with worry. Where was the stallion? Did he die trying to seal up the hole? Was the lightning too much for him to take? Rainbow Dash ran around the site, shouting to get his attention if he was still alive.

"Hello?" Rainbow Dash removed the small boulders, one by one, trying to uncover the pile. She threw her saddlebag down and started digging.

She found a broken pale blue wing, battered with blood, trapped in between two large rocks. "Come on, please don't be dead..." she pleaded as she gently removed the two large rocks and touched the wing gingerly.

"Hey," she whispered.

No response.

"Hello? Don't play tricks on me now...this isn't funny," she said as she removed more rocks surrounding the wing. Soon, she found a even more bloody body, with bruises lining up his forehead. There was a steady stream of blood running down his forehead.

It was the stallion.