• Published 8th Jul 2016
  • 1,282 Views, 92 Comments

The War Within Equestria - Addictive Reads



Rainbow Dash had her loyalty pulled apart. When Celestia and Luna declared war against each other, Rainbow had been seperated from three of her friends, and many more. While out on a mission, she meets a stallion of great power at her enemy's side.

  • ...
4
 92
 1,282

Shocking Discoveries-Chapter 7

Rainbow Dash nudged him with her hoof gently.

He did not respond.

"Hey, wake up," she whispered.

No response, either.

Okay. Do not panic. Calmly attend to this situation...

Rainbow heaved the rocks surrounding him, careful not to touch him. She moved them away. She felt sweat forming at her brow. She did not know whether it was because she was tired from the battle, or because she was worried about this stallion.

Ugh. What to do? She knew first-aid, but she did not think it was enough to help this stallion. She needed to try anyway.

Rainbow Dash slid off her cloak and mask, since she did not need it; she was alone with this stallion in the cave, besides, he was not waking up anytime soon. It was getting hot and humid anyway.

She flew over to her saddlebag and opened her first-aid kit. Rainbow bought it over to the stallion. She held a hoof to his neck.

There was a pulse. A faint one, but it was paced.

Rainbow Dash sighed. One, she was relieved that he was alive. Two, she was worried. His pulse was so faint! How was she going to heal him?

She pulled his mask off.

Then she bit her lower lip.

Oh no. If she wanted to help him, she would have to reveal his identity to herself. It might make things a bit uncomfortable down the road if it was a pony she was close to from her previous years.

Rainbow Dash pushed it out of her thoughts. Her desperation to save him was overwhelming, for some weird reasons. She had seen ponies die fighting on the battlefield everyday in this war, so why was she so desperate for him to live? She was just with him for a day only!

Without anymore hesitations, she threw his hood off.

Pale blue fur.

Blown back navy blue mane.

Perfect, chiseled jawline.

She also knew that he had emerald green eyes, from her previous experiences with him.

She could tell he flown as much as she did, or not, more; when he was flying down the hole earlier, he had powerful, paced wing flaps. It did not take a pony like Twilight to figure out that about him.

She knew who he was.

"S-Soarin...?" She stammered.

Rainbow stumbled backwards and landed on her flank, shocked from her discovery.

"W-Why?" She whimpered, barely audible.

He was a Celestian, and she vowed to Luna that she would kill any Celestian if she saw one. She could not kill him. He was her former friend. If Rainbow wanted to follow her vow, she would have killed him by now.

But, no. She did not. She could not bear to kill him.

Without thinking much of her vow, Rainbow Dash removed his cloak to check for more injuries and wounds. There was a broken and fractured wing, a gash bleeding profusely at his side, and a cut on his cheek.

Then she saw his cutie mark.

His cutiemark was a lightning bolt striking through a wispy cloud. Of course, that would explain the lightning, and the thunderclouds. It was his speciality! What a unique one; even up to now, she was still as amazed about it like the first time she met him.

She cleaned up the blood and dirt on him. Rainbow Dash then applied ointment on his wounds and bandaged them. She sighed. It was all she could do. It was now up to him to heal and survive.

By the time she was done with treating him, the sky's sun had begun to set, and dusk set in. Rainbow wondered if Luna still rose the moon while cooperating with Celestia. She smirked. Maybe.

Rainbow opened his saddlebag. She found a blanket. She used that to prop his head up like a pillow, and gently put him in her sleeping bag. Rainbow Dash just sat right next to him.

Rainbow Dash realised how peaceful he looked. Soarin's breathing was shallow, yet rhythmic. Oh, how much she wanted him to open his eyes and show her a sign that he was okay. When would he wake up? She wanted to hear that cheerful voice of his again, not the one that he used to speak with her now. The war had changed him so much. The war. She shook her head. Ugh, why was she getting sappy all over him?

As she continued to stare at him, she recalled what he said years ago, even before she became a Wonderbolt.

Wonderbolts look out for each other!

She smiled at the thought of his words.

Rainbow suppressed a yawn. Tomorrow morning, she had to change his bandages again. She could not risk them getting infected. Not in this horrible environment.

Well, tomorrow was tomorrow. Today, she had to get all the rest she could.

Rainbow Dash placed her hoof on his. She smiled. "Goodnight, Soarin," she whispered.

Holding his hoof, she fell asleep.

Without her knowledge, her lightning bolt-shaped tattoo begun glowing, even brighter than it ever did. The blue glow ran from her hoof to his, outlining the two pegasi, connecting them as one.

"D-Dash...?" Soarin stuttered, not believing his eyes. Before him was the cyan mare with rainbow mane, sleeping like a pig. Her soft snores echoed around the cave, bouncing off the walls. Her tattoo was glowing, outlining their bodies. Rainbow was holding his hoof.

He examined his surroundings. It was a tall cave with a hole at the top, filtering sunlight into it. Then he remembered everything that happened before he blacked out. The generation of thunderclouds, the lightning, the boulder...then? How did he end up here? Soarin could not remember.

Soarin glanced around, in search of the cloaked mare that came here with him. She was nowhere in sight. His eyes landed on the mare before him, his suspicions arising.

"Rainbow Dash?" Soarin pulled his hoof away from her slowly, the blue glow disappearing immediately after his hoof lost touch of hers.

"Huh...?" Rainbow murmured as she stirred, "Gah, let me sleep a while more, sunlight." Then she shot straight up. Her eyes met his. "Soarin! How are you feeling? How did you wake up? What happened?!" Rainbow blurted out before she could stop herself.

"I...I...I don't know," Soarin closed his eyes, rubbing his temples, "How did you appear here? Where is the cloaked mare?"

"About t-that..." Rainbow looked away.

Soarin narrowed his eyes at her, then to the mask and cloak beside her. Then his eyes widened in realisation. His suspicions were right.

"Y-You're...the..." he gulped, "...mare?"

Rainbow took a step towards him.

"Soarin."

Author's Note:

Ha.

Ha.Ha.

Sorry for the chiffhanger:fluttershyouch:

I'm sorry for not updating for so long..how long?

One month? Heheh...

The next chapter is coming out tomorrow or the day after!:pinkiehappy: