• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 1,336 Views, 30 Comments

The Cost Of A Chaotic Life - BaronLostHeart



Chaos is spread in more ways then one....even from an old "erased" source.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,336

Stone Cold Travels

How is it anytime I try to do something good it ends up bad anyway....


As we continue walking the forest we soon see a rather larger mountain “A mountain....how is that possible...I didn’t see a mountain over the forest.....”

“We never understood it either, but that’s where Searing’s body is so up we go.” she soon starts walking up the mountain path with me and the other five girls behind her.

While we were walking I noticed Twilight had a saddle bag with her “Hey Twilight what’s in the bag?”

“Oh it’s just something I plan on using if we can’t find an easier way to free your friend.”

“Oh alright then.....”

We keep walking on the seemingly never ending mountain and soon Rainbow Dash stops in mid-air “Alright this is taking too long....i’m going to scout ahead to see what there is.” she darts away as she finishes.

“Not like there is going to be a change in scenery anytime soon.....” I say as I see the cyan wonder fly off only to return immediately “I found a gap in the road up ahead.”

“I stand corrected.....” we stop to hear what Rainbow Dash has to say “There is a gap in the road up ahead similar to the one you guys jumped over when Fluttershy kicked out the sleeping dragon from its cave.” as she says this I look towards Fluttershy and ask “You kicked out a dragon from its home....that’s amazing!” Fluttershy starts to blush at the praise I gave her for something that was entirely out of context

“Oh I-I really didn’t “kick” him out I just k-kindly told him to leave us a-all alone...” she hides her face behind her mane as she says this.

“Ok then.....so how big was the jump?”

“Well I flew over it so I don’t know ask Twilight about.”

“It was about a five inch jump Baron.”

“Oh that’s alright then.”

As we make it to the gap me I soon speak up “THIS IS A FIVE INCH GAP?” is all I shout as I see the mile and a half jump.

“Again I didn’t pay attention to the jump then and I didn’t pay attention to this because once again....WINGS!”

Rainbow Dash flies over the gap leaving the six of us back here “No worries I can just teleport us across.”

Twilights horn flares up and the light covers all of us and when the light fades away I am left alone while the six mares are on the other side “Twilight I think your magic hates me....”

“B-B-But thats impossible.....my teleport spell should’ve taken us all to this side of the gap....”

“Hahaha Baron it seems like this world hates you more then it does me hehe, but you knew that already based on your thoughts.....eh what are you doing?” is all he says as he sees may walk away with my bludgeon in my hand.”

“So you became a mindreader then eh Searing?” as I say this I turn around “WELL I BET YOU CAN’T TELL WHAT I’M THINKING NOW!” I start running towards the gap the second I finish.

“Right now you are thinking, why am I pole vaulting when i’ve never done this before.”

“Hubba wha....?”

I launch myself over the gap and start flying over and soon nearly make it “HAH TAKE THAT GRAVITY!” unfortunately I stop about 5 feet from the other side “Are you kidding me.....” I fall the second I finish.

“And now you are thinking that, it’s a long way to the bottom, hahahahaha....wait....I use him as a body does that mean.....uh oh.” Ruby gets drag down after me almost immediately.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” is all that is heard from me as I fall closer and closer to the spiked ground below me “Well we had a good run.....aw who am I kidding this is a pathetic way to die...”

My eyes remain closed as I fall screaming all the way until my shirt gets caught in a branch and in a cartoon like manner I get launched back up to the side of the gap where the six ponies were still screaming with my eyes closed.”

“Baron open your eyes!” Twilight says as she shakes me repeatedly trying to shut me up “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh....uh......I knew I was fine....hehe...” she facehooves at my stupidity and we just carry on the path until we reach a cave “Wait why does the path end here.....it should continue straight to the side where the statue is... why is there a cave here?”

“You say strange things happen here so why is this surprising you?”

“Strange things happen, but still....for a cave to appear out of nowhere....there may be another path so lets not take the cave to be sure.” as she finishes I dart right in the cave.

“I am on a tight schedule so no way am I waiting for the long way!”

“You took the words right out of my mouth!” Rainbow Dash darts in after me

“Woohoo adventure!” is all Pinkie says as she runs in the cave as well.

“What is wrong with them?!” Twilight says amazed at what the three of us just did.

“Well I can guarantee yah that this won’t end well....come on we better go after them Twilight.” Applejack says as she walks in the cave.

“I have a bad feeling about this....”

“Oh do we really have to go in there it looks so.....bleak....and disgusting....” Rarity says annoyed that she has to follow the other two ponies in the cave.

“I vote we just stay out here....anyone else....no....than motion carried....yay....goodbye now!” as Fluttershy tries to run away Twilight stops her and pulls her in the cave with her magic.

“Ugh are they ever going to catch up....” Rainbow says annoyed that the other four mares have yet to catch up to the three of us.

“Come on now Dashie might as well make great time while we’re ahead!”

“We’re in a cave with nothing, but moss on the sides, water dripping from the ceilings, stalagmites and stalactites everywhere, and.......ornamental statues?”

As the cyan pegasus finishes we see multiple stone figures everywhere “Well I think we found a good spot to look for Searing’s body.”

“Yea but where do we start.” Pinkie says as she leans on a statue of a steel golem only for it to start glowing.

“Pinkie what did you do?!” Rainbow shouts at the pink earth pony

“I don’t know I just leaned on it and it started to glow!”

That statue soon started to move and it headed right for the two ponies causing both of them to scream and as the golem gets close enough it stops moving as my bludgeon poke through its torso and as I pull it out if falls and I obliterate the rest by slamming down my weapon on the long gone creature “Heh pathetic.....at least he wasn’t made out of mithril or diamond or then that would’ve taken longer then needed.” I place angel wings on my back again and continue moving “Now try not to touch anything while we are in here.” as I finish I bump into a cerberus statue “What other kinds of creatures exist here.....” and soon it starts to glow as well “Well this won’t end well.” as the statue glows the two mares freak out and try to run away, but crash into multiple statues activating them “I can’t kill all of them.....they seem to only come alive in this room....quick if we make it through the tunnel there we may be able to escape!”

The three of us dart through the room filled with the cursed possessed creatures and escape through the tunnel and as we run me and the girls get seperated and I come to a halt by smashing face first into another statue “Oh no please not another beast....” as the statue stops glowing I see a small shadow quickly dart away “Oh god that was close....I wonder what that was anyway.”

“That doesn’t matter now so lets get out of here and back to the others....I want my body back now....”

As I exit I see the freed creatures are still roaming around but the girls are no longer there “I hope they made it out alright.....” I find an exit and soon the six mare all together “Took you long enough to get out!” Rainbow Dash says which greatly started to annoy me “Like you were any help in there all you did was scream like a little filly and run away!”

She gets mad at me “LIAR!” but Pinkie follows with “But Dashie you did scream even louder than me when those statue thingies came to life!” Rainbow’s face turns red after what just happened being told to everyone.

“I told you not to go in the cave.....anyway at least we’re out.”

“Twilight how did you get through that cave without having to get rid of the living statues?” as I finish her horn flares up and she teleports repeatedly all around me leaving me dizzy “That answer your question?”

We continue our hike and soon near a clearing where the mountain path smooths out and soon Twilight speaks up “Alright now we just go off straight ahead....just putting that out in case you have the sudden urge to run without warning.”

“Geez i’m sorry, but like I said I was in a hurry.....in the end I regret nothing!”

We carry on until a big stone structure appears “Well here it is everyone.”

“Hm....how long was it that I have not seen my body.....hehe my memories are nearly gone....”

“Now for another problem.......freeing him.....any of you know how to free a statue from imprisonment.”

“Oh oh I know I know!” Pinkie Immediately speaks up after I ask “Maybe if you touch him he will be free like the other statue thingies!”

As much as I knew that wouldn’t be the same with Ruby I did it anyway “Nope nothing’s happening....”

“Maybe you can use what ever it is you have on your back.” after Twilight mentioned this I remember the gun Kei gave me.....guess I never gave it back....”I can’t use this..........it is a highly destructive weapon that may shatter his body entirely...”

“Well atleast you can try to see what happens....I mean it can’t be too bad.”

As I fire at the statue a huge cloud of dust comes from the shots and after it fades away the statue stays the same with no signs of bullet holes or anything “It just blew dust of it....”

“Highly destructive weapon.....more like efficient feather duster!” Rainbow says and soon starts laughing like a crazed hyena.

“Well we are out of options”

“Never thought I had to use these...” Twilight says as she puts down her saddle bag and pulls out a tiara and five necklaces “Twilight I thought you left these with the Princess why do you still have them?”

“Well I came to the conclusion we get into many problems when we need these the most so I decided I’d keep them on me in case a big trouble came up....and see it wound up a good idea after all!”

“Hey exactly what are those things?” I ask twilight confused by the items she pulled out

“They are the Elements of Harmony!” as she says this me and Ruby freeze and look directly at her “Come again....”

The six ponies now with the gems that match their cutie marks soon started floating “If this doesn’t free him nothing will!” their eyes glow white and soon a huge rainbow laser flew towards the statue and encased it causing some cracks to appear on the statue.

“OW!” Ruby shouted after the light attack made contact

“Once more!” Twilight said before she fired another rainbow colored laser this time almost nearly shattering it causing Ruby to shout as he was experiencing a world of extreme pain “Ruby you alright man?!”

“Third time's the charm girls!” is all Twilight says before they start to fire again.

“Baron if they do that again it will overload the curse on my body and mind and it will kill me so you have to intercept it!”

“With what?!” is all I say as Ruby prepares for the worst.

“I’m going to regret this...” I launch the attack I had learn when fending off Discord and it blocks their laser although not entirely as they push back my attack like nothing, but before they completely overwhelm me the power between the two lasers causes a small power explosion to that encases me in smoke.


Mountain peak in Everfree Forest

“Ugh.......what happened.....Baron why did you do that......Baron...” as the smoke cleared I no longer see the statue, and unfortunately Baron as well “Uh oh.....”


Everfree Forest?

(Ruby will now have different colored lines due to his alignment to fire and the same will happen to later characters)

“Ow.......Ruby you alright?” as I look around I see a black and red pegasus next to me “You got your body back!”

Ruby doesn’t move “Ruby are you alright?!” as I say this he start to stir and groan “Oh good you had me worried there for a sec.

Who.......who a-are you.....?” is all he says as he rubs his eyes.....completely drained from the pain he suffered from whatever it was the six ponies did to his body “What.....come on man its me Baron!”

As he gets up he becomes fully aware of me then his eyes grow wide “Y-You are....

“Yea i’m Baron.”

B-Ba.....what.....n-no you are t-the s-son of......” is all he says still looking at me

“W-What....whose son....what are you talking about?!” I shout at the burning phoenix-like pegasus who just responds with “Yes....you a-are his son.....just like he said....no mistake.......your name is....A.....a...a-a....” he passes out leaving me clueless “I HAVE A NAME.....TELL ME...DON’T PASS OUT NOW.......!” I punch the ground in anger seeing as my only chance at finding out something important is now gone.

I pick up the passed out pegasus and start to look around “Where are the girls.....did they go back to town.....I should check....”