• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 1,335 Views, 30 Comments

The Cost Of A Chaotic Life - BaronLostHeart



Chaos is spread in more ways then one....even from an old "erased" source.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,335

One way trip to regret

"Well man seeing as we just got through all that what do you plan on doing?"

"He's right sweetie it's over.....well for now it is at least......man what an adventure this turned out to be..."

"I know what i'm going to do now."

Journal Entry.......

Hello to those who are reading on.......this is my story of how I accomplished what I thought was impossible.....this is my story.....will you listen on until the end......


It was just supposed to be another ordinary day, heh ordinary a word I don’t work with,as we were supposed to have a pleasant walk through a cave, but fate had another thing planned for me but why am I surprised.....life has done things to me that have greatly damaged me in more ways than one, and now i'm falling to my doom....but lets rewind to a bit earlier today.....


....Two hours earlier.

“For exactly what reason are we wandering around this cave again Wish....?” I asked.

“Because I found it to be fun!” Wish responded with joy.

Wish was a girl who was normally a great companion to be around as she was caring towards those she would be glad enough to call a friend, but sometimes her excitement gets the better of her and makes her do things normal people would think about doing first....all around a good person completely opposite in some ways to her brother yet she treats me better then him for some reason....and everyday I ask why....you see I am not a well known guy...... I don’t even have a name, but there were people in the world who did decided to “befriend” me from time to time for whatever reason they had in mind.

“Come on slowpoke or else we will never catch up to Reese or Locke!” she said.with enthusiasm

Wish,Locke, and Reese were people I could actually stomach enough to call a friend as they understood me.....you see I was....gifted with abilities that frighten some and angered others.

“I’m.......here......oh man….that took …..alot out of me...” I said while trying to catch my breath from the long walk.

“It would’ve been easier for you if you didn’t have to lug that giant bludgeon around with you” Reese said with a mocking tone.

“For once in my life I agree with him.” Locke said.

“I can’t leave it guys I told you it’s become a part of me for a while...” I said.

“Like your arm...” Wish said in a sad tone.

I was born an outcast and growing up didn’t help that at all, and even less after an incident involving....let’s call it a living nightmare.

“So a ghost almost killed him it doesn’t matter since the deal the ghost made with the guy let him use his body as a vessel in exchange for his life.” Locke says in depressing tone

Recall me saying a living nightmare that was it me and my “friends” once went to an old abandoned area to just stare at the night sky only to be intruded by a ghost with a flaming personality and he did not enjoy my presence especially.

(things in italics are flashbacks)

“What do you want from me?!” I scream to the spirit

“Isn’t it obvious my dear boy......I WANT TO CONSUME YOUR SOUL” the spirit lunges at me as he finishes his sentence

During a time where my life is usually in danger I end up almost dying not actually dying although i’ve been put on the spot to actually know how it would feel to lose it all in a second

Why is it my soul you want what have I done to you to deserve a fate such as this?” I say to the spirit “I don’t even know your name!”

“My name is Ruby Flames and I am the embodiment of hate something you left behind....well half of you and from that day forward I swore I would consume both of your souls to satisfy my anger.” he says as he continues to hunt me down

Then let me strike a bargain with you if I can have my life spared you can have my body to exact your revenge on the other half of me that left you and then do away with me when you are finished...” I say hoping to keep my life.

“You make a well offer.......very well I will accept your means …. for now....but don’t expect me to follow all the things you tell me to do as i’m not known to be a good listener boy.” he says as he accepts the offer in an unsatisfied tone.

As he finishes talking Ruby immediately dives in my body and with it my arm ignites on fire and turns a never changing shade of red with an endless stream of blood falling from it soon after I felt a deep pain within my chest and as I clutch the area of pain I feel as if i’m holding on to something other than my chest and as i pull I scream in pain only to find a bloody bludgeon fall out of me.....and with each day I grew it did as well and it was huge and heavy no one could pick it up yet for some reason I could lift it with ease to my thoughts it may have been linked to Ruby and when someone did pick it up they could not swing it as it would reject them only the owner of the behemoth weapon could use it which in this case was me.....this is all I can remember of this time for my memory has been getting worse per passing day to the point where I just might forget who I am or what I am or even what I stand for.

“Locke how can you say it doesn’t matter?!” Wish replies with anger “We could’ve lost a great friend and you a good brother!”

Locke looks to me then back to Wish and says “I’m sorry I don’t think you met the guy as he suffered life threatening situations throughout his whole life, and THIS bugs you out of the more serious things that have happened to him I mean come on a home to him is the hospital!”

I am fast on my feet with speed faster than what was thought to be the fastest thing alive but if I over do it I may end up destroying my body as some have said to me that this world is limiting what my body is fully capable of...I never understood it so I never bothered to listen any further.

“Locke shut up as you know that Wish likes the guy” Reese replies as he rolls his eyes

Hearing the words come out of Reese’s mouth made Wish turn redder than my arm, but I didn’t pay attention to what he said I only walked forward covering my ears believing Locke was still talking and when I looked to Wish she only looked away.

“Thats not my problem as she is your sister not mine plus if my brother doesn’t have a name how will that help her relationship wise?” Locke says in a mocking voice

As Locke mentions the fact that I don’t have a name it reminds me of how my parents never cared for me in the least and mainly because I haven’t seen them for years as the only time I got to be with them was during birth to age 2 they didn’t bother to do anything with me ….even name me.

“Then......I’ll give you a name!” Wish says with much anticipation “Reese come help me think of one!”

At this moment I saw how much these two cared for me enough to give me a name, something I did not have for many years and they knew this as they even struggled by what to call me before....until now it seems

“Alrighty let’s think of a name for the guy.......” Reese responds to his sister

They both whisper to each other name suggestions for me and even argue at points to decide which of their choices is better and Locke just watches and facepalms at the sight of this.

“I GOT IT THE PERFECT NAME FOR YOU.” Wish says nearly knocking me and Reese over with her loud voice “Your name can be Baron.”

“Baron hm a member from the house of lords, or being a direct descendant of a high ranking official such as a king.” I say it as if I were reading a dictionary “So what am I a Baron of then?”

“Oh um y-you are b-bar...” She stutters and is soon cut off by Locke “The lost hearts.”

“Pardon?” I say questioning Locke’s response only to be followed by “Yeah that’s a perfect fit Baron LostHeart seeing as you don’t have a heart yourself.”

There were many things that made me the “gifted” guy I am now one of those being my lack of an actual heart yet my body function perfectly without one, and it even confuses doctors and scientists to no end especially on how i’ve been alive up to today

“Well that was a low blow even coming from you man I mean he is your older brother.” Reese says as we continue to tread deeper within the cave with the silence of a mouse all the way.

I break the silence by saying “I actually enjoy the name....it does fit my character greatly now we should be careful we are entering the unstable parts of the cave.”

Wish turns sad at the fact that I accepted a badly altered version of the name she thought to be perfect but soon sees that I have really grown to it and continues walking and as we go deeper we see the rock formations appear as if the just the smallest addition of tension would cause the cave to collapse and we soon start to hear a rumbling within the cave.

“What was that.......” Wish says as she has now become scared of the unstable area only to have Locke say “If I say my stomach will you calm down.” Locke soon laughs at what he says but soon shuts up as the rumbling soon gets louder as we now also start to hear growling sound

“Please tell that was your stomach as well...” Reese says frantically We soon come in contact with a bear who appears to have not eaten anything in a long while and has now found a perfect feast to enjoy

“Well.....I should’ve taken this into account....” Locke says as he now understands what a dunce he is for not turning back “Doesn’t matter if we’re this things next meal then it will have to earn it and i’m not one to give up easily”

“And he calls me an idiot” Reese says annoyed by Locke

“Oh boy......what am i going to do with the two of you” Wish says annoyed by the two meatheads fending off the bear

As this happens you look to your arm which starts to glow.....


….......Meanwhile in a different world.

“Sister are you alright?” a voice asks “This is the fourth time I caught you staring at that statue.”

“I’m sorry for worrying you it’s just that something is happening and the aura feels similar to his, but it’s far away.....very far away.” another voice says reassuring the first one.

“Do you want to keep the sun out just a bit longer then to keep yourself calm?” The first voice asks

“No it’s fine let’s go back inside the palace.” The second voice says to calm the first one again.


…......Back to “my” world.

“You know Baron you COULD help us” Reese says attempting to get me into their fight with the scrawny excuse for a bear.

“It’s your fight not mine so yeah good luck with that.” I say tormenting them.

“We are so gonna kill you when we get out of this cave.”

Locke says to me Locke was an excellent marksman never missing a shot with his guns so long as he had bullets to fire and he did but, he never let anything happen to his 3 guns which he had named after his 3 fallens friends Skye, Otto, and Pierce, a perfect survivalist next to myself one could not ask for a better brother despite how cruel he could be at times.....

“I can deal with that.” I say taunting him even further causing him to roll his eyes.

Locke sighs and says “Baron LostHeart, fastest thing alive with innate fighting skills and a gigantic weapon, ruler of the shadows, and refuses to fight.....what a brother.” he laughs at this then resumes fighting


….......Back to the other world.

“Now I know something is different with the aura i’m sensing something about this being seems to be much more tamed unlike him....so how can they be similar......” the second voice says

“Looks can be deceiving sister I mean we misjudged many things as harmful or helpful when they were clearly the opposite.” the booming first voice says

“I guess you’re right.......we need to hurry you’re almost late to raise the moon Luna and we can’t let that happen now can we!” the second voice now says now filled with delight and joy.

Luna stays behind as she sees her sister trot off then sighs “Princess Celestia, Princess of the sun, ruler of equestria, and ignorant to emotions....what a sister” Luna laughs as she says this then rushes off to catch up to her sister.


….......Back again to “my” world

“BOOM HEADSHOT” Locke goes as a bullet pierces the head of the bone exposed bear and then says “Now can someone please tell me why there was a bear in this part of the cave and how the heck was it still alive?”

I inspect the fallen body of the bear examine the parts that weren’t damaged by the two meatheads then stand up and say “Hm weird...it seems that it was fed a bit earlier by someone, but was given something that didn’t satisfy it and tormented it to search around for more....we are not alone here...”

“So it was done intentionally to get rid of us?!” Wish says with her voice filled entirely with fear

“We can get out the way we came lets go.....are you kidding me.....” Reese finishes his sentence as he sees a pile of rocks that have fallen from the fight with the bear blocking the way back.

“Oh god for the love of everything please don’t let it be him...” I whispered to myself in anger

After we decided that there is nowhere to go but forward we keep walking hoping to find another exit through the cave.