• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 276 Views, 3 Comments

The Forgotten Years, The Adventures Of Fury And Dash - 21latenighter



What happened to Fury Flight after he left the royal service, and gave up his old life...

  • ...
 3
 276

The Great Falls, Finally

Fury woke up early the next morning and had a small breakfast of oatmeal and eggs waiting for Dash and Scootaloo when they woke up.

"Your up early Fury", Dash yawned as she rolled off the bed. She took a moment to stretch out her legs and wings, then set to preening her feathers. As Dash preened, Fury brought over her breakfast clumsily and set it on the bed stand beside her. "Oo, I even get eggs this time", Dash said, looking from behind her feathers. A banging commenced on the door as Scootaloo knocked over and over.

"Alright Scootaloo, before you wake Celestia up early, and trust me, you don't want that", Fury said as he laughed. He thought of the time he had made that mistake, she had risen the sun to full noon at dawn. The sun scorched the land and they had to water the land for weeks to get anything to grow again.

"ARE WE FINALLY GOING TODAY!!", Scootaloo shouted at the top of her lungs. Dash's mane stood up on end and all of her feathers ruffled out of place.

"Scootaloo, there is no reason to shout this early in the morning", Dash said grumpily.

"Oh, right, sorry Rainbow Dash", Scootaloo said through giggles.

"Yes Scoots, we're leaving today for the Great Falls", Fury said as he brought out a bowl of oatmeal and an egg to the orange Pegasus.

"Oh yummy, oatmeal, my favorite", Scootaloo said loudly as she dove head first into her bowl.

"Aren't you going to eat dear?", Dash asked as she inhaled her egg.

"I already ate Dash, got tired of waiting for you two to get up", Fury said smiling, and then making a wink. She made a stink eye towards him before returning to her breakfast. Fury walked out into the hallway and looked out one of the many stained glass windows. Celestia was up, as the first rays of the sun made their way over the horizon. The sun then made it's grand entrance, rising over the land like a majestic eagle. His sunrises had always been quick and sloppy, like the sun was just tired of it and just appeared. Celestia put her heart and soul into each and every sunrise.

After the other two had finished their breakfast, they all walked down the hallway towards the balcony. Celestia was returning from there and had started her daily morning routine. She had three ponies fallowing her, one had a list of ponies waiting to have and audience with her, then another had a list of bills that needed to be either signed into law or rejected. The last pony had a cup of latte held in her magic.

Celestia stopped and bid her brother goodbye. "Hello Fury, good luck on your trip and for my sake, don't start a war when you get there", she said kindly, but sternly.

Fury looked taken aback, "My dear sister, when have I ever...", he started, but Celestia cut him off.

"Don't even start, I am still sorting out the last mess that you and Twilight started", Celestia warned.

"Ok, ok, but not even a small battle?", Fury asked quickly.

"Just get out of here Fury, I don't want to see you here unless it's on a postcard", Celestia said, giving Fury a furious look.

"Why, what'cha gonna do about it", Fury egged. "Catch the castle on fire again?".

"No Fury, but I'll Catch you on fire!!!", Celestia yelled as they both ran down the hallway. Celestia's horn lit up and from it came a ball of fire, which missed their targets horribly.

"Maybe I should stay and teach you how to aim", Fury laughed, now taking to the air.

"FURY, JUST GET OUT OF HERE!!!", Celestia screamed as she fired another fireball at Fury, nearly hitting him.

"Alright, but you'd better take lessons from Luna, at least she can hit the broadside unh...", Fury said before he was frozen in place. He fell to the ground and landed on his side.

"Would you two just hug and get it over with", said a very tired and grumpy Luna.

"I I'mm knda stck", Came Fury's voice through clenched teeth.

"Oh, sorry, here you go", Luna said as she unfroze Fury's head.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry sis, I didn't mean to get you in a fiery rage that took out half the hallway", Fury said apologetically, grumpily apologetically. Luna released Fury from the spell. He stood up and locked eyes with Celestia before embracing her. "Have a good day sister", Fury said softly as he hugged her.

"I will brother, and have a nice trip", Celestia whispered back.

The two separated and went their separate ways. Fury walked back over to the end of the hallway where Dash waited impatiently.

"Are you two done yet?", she asked, "We need to get moving".

"Yes Dash, we can get moving now", Fury said, walking out onto the balcony. The three pegasi took of and headed east towards Manehatten, and then the agony known as Scootaloo began.

Not even ten minutes into the trip, Scoots started in. "Hey Rainbow Dash, I have to pee", she said impatiently.

"We literally just left the castle Scoots", Dash said, irritated.

"But I didn't have to go then", Scoots replied.

"Alright, alright, there's a cloud over there, so do your business, we'll wait up", Dash said, her and Fury stopping a few clouds ahead.

A few moments passed before Scootaloo returned. "Alright, I'm ready", Scoots shouted as she caught up. Then came the next painful question. "Are we there yet?".

"No Scoots, we're not", Fury answered.

"Are we there now?", She asked after a few minutes.

"No Scoots, not yet", Fury said again, with anger starting to grow in his voice.

"When are we going to get there?", Scoots asked again.

"With luck, we'll reach Manehatten by this evening, and the falls by tonight", Fury snapped.

"Oh", she said, then turned her attention to Dash. "Hey Rainbow Dash, can we hear one of your wonderbolt stories?", she asked with stars in her eyes.

"You've already heard all of my wonderbolt stories", Dash said, trying to get out of storytelling.

"Maybe Fury hasn't had one though?", she said again, determined to hear one of her stories.

"Fury knows all of my stories by heart", Dash said, Fury nodded in agreement.

"Maybe we could hear one of your stories then Fury Flight?", Scoots asked.

"Yea, we could hear one of your stories", Dash said, looking straight at Fury. "Like how you and Celestia both came back from the dead", Dash said, raising her eyebrows up and down.

"Alright Dash, I'll tell you, but under one condition", Fury said, flying close to Dash.

"What is it", Dash asked.

"Give me the sweetest kiss you can", Fury said as he locked lips with the Pegasus, who froze up for a second, falling a few feet before regaining her flight.

"Fury", she managed to say after regaining her flight, "Not while we're flying", she half scorned, half squeaked.

"What, I would of caught you", Fury said, before sneaking another peck to Dash's cheek. Dash blushed a little before looking back to Fury.

"Alright, you had your fun, now tell us the story", Dash said, still a little blushed.

Over the next five hours, Fury told the story from his perspective of the recent scandal with Thanatos, in which Scootaloo only asked twenty times when the story would end, and only ten times if she could go to the restroom. They finally arrived at what used to be Manehatten around three in the afternoon.

The once bustling city was now a ghost town, there were buildings toppled while some stood. The river had reclaimed some of the city and washed away the remnants of anything of it's former barriers. The three landed on a hill that overlooked the city.

"What happened to this place, it used to be so beautiful?", Dash asked as the looked upon the ruins.

"The war spared no city, this one included. Though not as destroyed as Ponyville, Manehatten still saw it's fair share of destruction", Fury answered, looking upon the city.

"No......, No......., No, it can't be. He was supposed to be here", Scootaloo cried as she took off towards the city.

"Scootaloo, what is it?", Fury called out to Scootaloo, but Rainbow placed her hoof on his shoulder.

"Let her go Fury, she needs to be alone right now", Dash said, with a tint of sadness in her voice.

"Why, what's wrong?", Fury asked, now intrigued by Scootaloo's behavior.

"One day when I was visiting Scoots at the orphanage, I asked if they knew where either of her parents were", Dash started. "They said that the only living relative was her father, Rip Claw, and he was one of the Honor guards in Manehatten, but they could never reach him", she finished. "They told her once, and she believed that he would one day come and get her, but he never did".

Rip Claw, where had he heard that before. Fury thought back to the war that they had fought against Kaorn, well afterwards, collecting and burying the dead. Rip Claw, That was it. "I think I may have found Rip Claw Dash", Fury said after a moment.

"If you found him, then he's dead, isn't he?", Dash asked slowly.

"Yes Dash, he is no more, but if memory serves me, he died a honorable death, defending a group of foals from Kaorn's troops", Fury said.

"That wouldn't matter to Scoots, as long as he didn't come for her, it was just another excuse", Dash said.

"Dash, shut up", Fury snapped.

"What, why?", Dash replied, hurt.

"You don't know what it was like, looking for him, only to find him long gone", Fury said, tears starting to fall from his cheeks.

"Are we still talking about Rip Claw?", Dash asked, confused.

"I searched for him, for years and years, only to find his..........., gravestone....., next to his mother's", Fury said, unable to stop the tears and memories flooding his mind.

"Ok Fury, Who are you talking about", Dash asked, now worried about Fury.

"He was...., He was....., He was, my.....son", Fury said, slowly.

"WOAH, you already had a son!", Dash snapped, "I thought I was your only mare?", she said slowly and sadly.

"What, Dash, I am over three thousand years old, my stallion urges would of gotten the best of me at least once, but this was different. We were best friends, and then, better than friends", Fury started. "We became lovers after the great war with Kaorn, and she became with child shortly before the Discord war. We both fought that serpent, but she became heavy with foal and had to go into hiding, so I fought on. Shortly after the foal was born, he found and kidnapped her. He then found me and made me watch as he killed them all, slowly", Fury said, now beginning to relive his nightmare.

"Fury, Fury, stay with me, stay with me", Dash yelled, shaking Fury, who had now fallen over, his eyes rolling back into his skull.

Fury's eyes slowly made their way back into their normal position. Fury slowly closed and opened them again, now looking straight into Dash's soul. "I don't want the Past to repeat itself Dash", Fury said as tears streamed down his face now, making small puddles on the ground.

"It won't Fury, It won't, I will always be here for you, and I am the element of loyalty, so you know I will", Dash said, holding Fury in her hooves. Fury brought his hooves around her and held her close. they held each other for a few moments before Fury pulled away.

"I am so sorry Dash, I didn't want to let that side out of me, it was a darker time and I was a different pony. Can you ever forgive me?", Fury asked the cyan Pegasus.

"Are you kidding me?", Dash asked, "Of course I do, we will never be apart Fury, but I do want to know the name of the pony you loved and your son's name", Dash said, running her hoof through his mane slowly. "I mean, that was important to you, so it is important to me, and maybe we could visit and pay our respects to them", Dash said softly.

"Alright Dash, I'll tell you. her name was Hurricane, but I called her Huri, and as for my son's name, he was named Star Shadow", Fury said slowly.

"Star Shadow, that's a beautiful name, and Hurricane, as in Commander Hurricane?", Dash asked.

"Yes Dash, as in Commander Hurricane, leader of the Pegasi nations after the war", Fury answered, "But as usual, history tells that she was a Pegasus, and not an alicorn", Fury said, starting to smile.

"What was she like, was she like the legends said?", Dash asked.

"What, resilient, never giving up, and a temper a mile wide. Yep, that summed up commander Hurricane pretty well", Fury said. "But Huri was a different pony before the war changed us both. She was loving, caring, still resilient, and had a love for the air that couldn't be quenched", he said, "But after all, she was the daughter of the god of the air, so what do you expect", he finished.

"Hey guys, what'cha doing over here", Came the calmed voice of Scootaloo.

"Oh, hey Scoots, we were just about to go looking for you", Dash said, "We're gonna go ahead and get moving towards the falls", Dash said.

"Oh, ok, but first, I want you guys to see something", Scoots said, taking off towards the city. The two pegasi followed her down faded streets and toppled buildings. They came to a spot, where there had apparently been a fight, as there were marks that could only be described as sword marks edged deep into the faded concrete. There was a small parchment, buried under a small stone. "I found this a little bit ago, and it has my name in it", Scoots said as she open and read the letter.

To whomever reads this,
Know that Manehatten is lost, but we fought on to the last breath. My stallions have been holding up, but it is just a matter of time now. When somepony finds my body, please find and tell my daughter, Scootaloo, that by giving my life today, I upheld her mother's last wish of by making this world as safe as I could for her, even though I never got the chance to meet the orange foal myself. Make sure to tell her that her father loved her with all his heart, but fate had drawn it's cards and played it's cruel hand upon us. I wish I could have seen her only once, so that she knew she had a father that loved her, but I am here, holding off the very forces of Tartarus itself. I hope she can only understand my predicament,
Rip Claw, captain of the Manehatten Tartarus honor guard

"He did love me Rainbow Dash, he just wasn't able to get to me", Scoots said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Come here Scoots, it's ok", Dash said, taking the orange mare in her hooves, hugging her tight. "I'll bet he's in the Beyond right now, looking down on you with a proud Smile, because his daughter has become a great mare, and a great pony, and has a family that loves her just as much as he did", she said, as she released Scootaloo from her grasp.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash, I am feeling a whole lot better", Scoots said as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

The three pegasi looked around the city for a little while before finding the perfect gift for the hero, a bouquet of wildflowers. They placed the Flowers down upon the stone in which they found the scroll and paid their respects to the fallen soldier. Then three then left the ground and flew north, towards the Great falls, and the next part of their adventure.


"Hahahahaha haaa", The voice resounded from the dungeon of Discordia, the lair and fortress of Discord and his army. The room was dark and only lit by a single light that was too small to light the room, but light enough to show Five ponies, strapped down to their own separate chairs. Fury Flight opened his eyes to see the room, and was greeted by the voice of Discord himself. "Why hello Fury Flight, how nice of you Join us. We were just talking you", Discord played as he appeared beside Fury.

"What have you done to us Discord", Fury said, feeling himself strapped down.

"Oh, nothing yet Fury Flight, but now that you are awake, the fun can begin", Discord played. He then appeared with a device that held Fury's eyes open forcefully. "I wouldn't want you to miss out on the fun", Discord said as he placed the device onto fury's head.

"No, what are you doing", Fury said as the device opened his eyes. Then the bags that covered the heads of the five others were taken off, and much to Fury's surprise, they were all blindfolded. they were his friends, the original bearers and creators of the Elements of harmony.

"Well, now you get to choose Fury flight, which would you like to see die first?", Discord Said as he revealed his hand to the five.

"No", Fury said trying to look away, but the device held his head in place.

Discord looked onto the five and then chose the one on the right. His name was Grog, he was the son of Palladia. He had a brown coat with a black mane. He was the creator of the element of Honesty. Discord ran his eagle claw lightly beside Grog's head, before scratching him. Discord then open his claw to reveal long talons, in which he slowly gouged out a piece of Grog's face. He screamed and thrashed as Discord worked. Fury thrashed as he watched, trying to call his magic, but was unable to. He seen that he was wearing a collar that was stopping his magic. The lightning of his magic sparked in his eyes as watched Discord torture Grog until the point he was unable to move. Discord then took his claw and plunged it deep into Grog's chest, pulling out his heart. Grog looked for one second before faltering and died. Discord then crushed the heart and turned back to Fury. "Now one down, four to go, which one should I choose next?", Discord asked playingly.

"No, make it stop", Fury said as Discord walked over to the next pony in line.

"Now what do we have here?", Discord said as he looked to the next pony. He took his claw and tortured the next pony, the creator of the element of laughter, Star Shine. He had a white coat with a grey mane. He scratched here and there, taking a chunk here and there, until he practically begged Discord to kill him. All the while Fury struggled against his bonds, trying to escape and free his friends. Discord once again plunged his eagle claw into Star's chest and pulled out his heart.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", Fury yelled, struggling against his bonds, using his magic, but once again, the collar stopped his magic.

"Oh, now calm down Fury Flight, we are only half way done", Discord said before walking to the next pony in the line. Her name was Silver Tail, she was a blue mare with a silver sparkling mane. She was the daughter of Kronos and the element of generosity. He ran his tongue down her back. "Humm, you taste gooood, very goooood. In fact", Discord said as he produced a large knife and chopped off one of her legs. "I could just eat you up", he said as he took a bite out of the leg. He finished off the leg before taking more of her off. He slowly ate the rest of her. After he finished her off, he turned back to Fury Flight. "Ok Fury, three down, two to go", he said as he turned around and looked to the second to last pony, Serenity. She was the daughter of Pike and the element of kindness. She was a red mare with a flowing blue mane.

"No Discord, just kill me and let the other's live", Fury pleaded.

"Now what kind of fun is that?", Discord asked as he revealed yet again his talons. He made a small scratch here and one there, and then he stopped and would gouge out a small piece of flesh before returning to his work.

"DISCORD, LET THEM LIVE AND KILL ME INSTEAD", Fury yelled as he struggled underneath his straps. He was trying with all of his inner strength to break the collar and release his magic.

Discord then looked to Fury, and thrust his claw into Serenity's chest. He slowly moved his claw around inside of her chest and grabbed her heart, and slowly plucked it out, pulling each of the veins and arteries out, one by one. He finally removed her heart as she stopped breathing. Fury used all of his magic to break the collar, and had finally gotten a strand to break. he began to break strand after strand, after each one, his magic grew a little.

"And now we are down to one", Discord said as he crept up to Hurricane. He untied the fabric that blocked Hurricane from seeing the world around her. She opened her eyes and looked to her side to see Three of her friends dead, and a blood spot where one had been.

"This is the end Fury, Goodbye", she said as she looked him in the eye.

"NOO!!!!, DAMN IT DISCORD, RELEASE ME AND FACE ME LIKE A TRUE WARRIOR!!!", Fury yelled as he broke a few more strands off of the collar. The two lovers looked each other in the eyes as Discord began to play with Fury, mocking his claw diving into her chest. Fury now broke two and three stands at a time, all the while looking Hurricane in the eyes. Fury was down to ten stands now, and he tried to break all ten at once. Discord smiled as he drove his claw into her chest. Her eyes widened in pain as the light of life left them and she closed them one last time.

"HURRRRRIICAANNE!!!!!, NOOOOOOOO!!!!, DISCORD, YOU MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", Fury said as the final strand broke and the collar fell to the floor. Lightning flew from Fury's horn as the full flow of magic coarsed through him. He focused the lightning towards Discord, but he was too fast. He disappeared and returned in front of him.

"Ooopsie", Discord said as he turned Fury into stone.


Fury's eyes shot open. Both Dash and Scootaloo were staring at him. "What is it?", he asked.

"You were screaming and shouting about Discord and yelling No", Dash said.

"I had a nightmare, that was all", Fury said, still shuddering.

"Really?, do I look stupid Fury?", Dash asked sarcastically.

"No Dash, you don't", Fury said, getting up from the hill that they were sleeping on. They had camped about two miles from the Great Falls. "I need some time to think", he said as he took off and flew to the next hill over. Dash took off after him and landed beside him.

"What's wrong Fury, please tell me", Dash asked, trying to figure out Fury's behavior.

"My nightmare, reoccurring at every turn. I had to see them die all over again Dash, one at a time", Fury said, shaking.

"It's ok Fury, I'm here", Dash soothed as she held Fury in her hooves.

"Why must I live while they all died? Why must I continue on with this life, alone and without meaning?", Fury asked Dash, who only stared back.

"You are not alone Fury, me and Scootaloo are here, and your sisters, and Twilight. And you do have meaning, keeping us alive during the past battles, protecting your sisters from a god", Dash said, beginning to cry. "You have given me meaning, to be more than just a Wonderbolt groupie, or a fan of Daring Do. You gave me the gift of a blessed life, a family that loves me, friends that believe in me, and a future to hope for", she said, through tears running down her cheeks.

"Thank you Dash", Fury said slowly. "I don't know what to say", he said, rising from her embrace.

"You don't have to Fury, I already know", Dash said, leaning in to kiss Fury. The two held together for a moment, sharing the kiss passionately. Fury broke away from Dash and walked over to the edge of the hill.

"Dash, I wish that my old life would leave me, but without it, I wouldn't be the pony that I am today", Fury said, looking to the north, where the rushing water of the falls could be heard.

"Fury, can we do something, here and now?", Dash asked Fury seriously.

Fury turned and faced Dash, "What is it Rainbow?", he asked, returning her question.

"Give each other our worst fears, and our best strengths", Dash said, reaching out with her hoof to take Fury's. Fury held out his own hoof and they looked each other in the eyes. "My worst fear is that I will end up all alone, with nopony there for me. Now you Fury", Dash said as she confessed her fear.

"Alright Dash, my worst fear is that the past will repeat itself and I will lose you", Fury said, tightening his grip on Dash.

"My strength is you Fury, you are the wind beneath my wings and the spark to my inner fire", Dash said, kissing Fury slowly on the lips.

"Hey, you stole my strength Dash", Fury said as he began to giggle. The two then watched the night slowly fade into the morning, and were greeted by the amazing feat of the Great Falls. They weren't called great for nothing. The falls dropped down nearly two hundred feat, and on the way down, the water not only made a rainbow, but made a stair step effect as it traveled down the mountainside, into the next part of it's journey to the great Equestrian Sea at the eastern edge of Equestria.

"It's so Beautiful", Dash said, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. The two ponies didn't even notice as Scootaloo landed beside them, and hugged them as they all watched the first rays of the sun dance off of the falling water. "Fury", Dash started. "Do you want to go for a swim?", she asked as she stretched her wings.

"Why not Dash", Fury said as he lept off the hill and flew towards the falls. Upon reaching them, he folded his wings and plunged over one hundred feet to the bottom of the falls, making a huge splash as he entered the water. Dash followed, flying low and fast until she reached the falls, where she angled her body and landed in the water in a cannonball. Scootaloo followed with a graceful dive. The three ponies swam and played in the water for an hour or so before coming out and getting ready for the next part of their journey.

"Fury, where are we going to be married at?", Dash asked after they had dried off.

"Why not at your friend's apple Farm?", Fury answered.

"I don't know how AJ would take that Fury, I mean a former ruler of equestria and a former Wonderbolt captain, there will surely be a crowd", Dash replied.

"Not if there are only a few invitations sent out", Fury added, smiling at his love.

"Ok, so when will the wedding take place?", Dash asked again, rising off the ground and hovering just beside Fury.

"How about spring, just after the planting of the fields, when life has just started to take over the farm, and it is at it's most beautiful", Fury answered.

"Ok, ok, I could totally do that, I will just have to let AJ know when we get back tomorrow", Rainbow said as she flew over to a still soaked Scootaloo.

"Yes Dash, we could do that", Fury whispered to himself. "But first, I need to send out a very important letter", he said to himself again before taking out a parchment and quill and writing the letter he feared wouldn't be delivered.

Dear Father,

I know that this breaks several of the laws that you and the others set into stone at the beginning, but I wanted to know if you or mother could attend me and Dash's wedding, or if you could even show up,

With love,

Fury Flight

Fury used all of the Magic that he possessed to send the letter to the Beyond, but the letter burst into flames and disappeared. Fury hung his head, but figured that it wasn't going to be anyhow, and returned to his morning. He and the other two had decided to leave the falls at around noon, when the sun was at it's highest. The began the long trip back towards Ponyville, where they hoped to make a home and live for a while. They had just left the Falls behind when a puff of smoke and a fiery letter stopped Fury in his tracks. They had not only received the letter, but had written back.

"What is that Fury?", Dash asked, awaiting an answer.

"A letter from..., my parents. I wrote them a little while before we left, and the letter burst into flame, so I thought it couldn't be done", Fury said as he open up the letter and read aloud the response of the Great alicorns.

Dearest Fury Flight,

Your request does indeed break several laws about the dead returning from the grave, but luckily for you, we all returned to the beyond without dying, just giving up our life force. We will be able to return to see your wedding, in fact, I look forward to seeing the mare who had the spirit to challenge a great alicorn,

Great alicorn and king of the cosmos,

Galaxo

"What, your father is coming to the wedding!?!", Dash yelled, and started to blush. The last time she met the alicorn, she had challenged him about sparing Fury's life after Kaorn was defeated.

"It sounds like the whole bunch is coming Dash, not just my father", Fury corrected. It was going to be a great wedding if he could see them all again, without the world being in eternal peril.

The ponies flew faster towards Ponyville, and their future home. Soon they would come to know the town as the place the Gods called home....