• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 276 Views, 3 Comments

The Forgotten Years, The Adventures Of Fury And Dash - 21latenighter



What happened to Fury Flight after he left the royal service, and gave up his old life...

  • ...
 3
 276

A New Adventure

"So you seriously mean that you're finished?" Dash said as her and Fury Flight walked out of the front doors of Canterlot castle. Fury had just came back from the dead, and Rainbow was still in a state of shock. He had just walked in and told her he was ready to leave the castle. She had been shocked even more to see Celestia walking through the halls. What had she missed this morning after Luna had left. She would find out what happened eventually as she always did, she knew how to make Fury talk. "You mean you're leaving the castle forever?" she said, slower this time.

"Yes Dash, I am seriously leaving this castle forever," Fury said as they walked through the courtyard, past Celestia's tree. "I am leaving the castle and this life behind me, and as far as the rest of the world is concerned, Prince Fury Flight died this morning," Fury said in a royal voice. Dash commenced to giggling and drew Fury's eye from the front gate. "What is so funny?" Fury asked the giggling Pegasus.

"Oh nothin, just that you sound like Princess Luna when you use that royal voice of yours," Dash said through her voracious giggling.

Fury smiled and decided to pursue the assumption. "Well, Luna is thy sister," Fury said, now impersonating his younger sister. At this, Dash completely lost it and fell to the ground laughing. Fury couldn't help himself and joined her, after all, he was rather comical. They rolled around in the courtyard laughing as Princess Luna walked over to the two pegasi.

"What is going on here?" the voice of the moon princess said. Fury and Dash scrambled to their feet and faced Luna.

"Nothing your majesty," Dash said quickly, trying to hide tears of joy.

"Doest thou find us amusing?" Luna demanded.

Fury cleared his throat and spoke. "We do in fact findst thou amusing, and we would like to comment on thou speech."

"Why we otta throw you to the monkeys brother!" Luna yelled as a small smile came across her face. She turned around and walked back towards the castle, obviously starting to cry. Fury raced over to his sister with such a speed that Rainbow became jealous.

"Luna, don't cry, it was only meant as a joke," Fury said as he reached her and placed a hoof on her shoulder.

"Brother, you are leaving this castle and us forever possibly, and the only thing you can do to say goodbye is make fun of our speech," Luna said through tears.

Fury wrapped Luna up in a tight bear hug and spoke softly to her, "Don't you ever say that to me again sister. You know you can always reach me and I will fight every beast in Tartarus to get to you. I won't be gone forever Luna, just long enough for me and Dash to see the world a little," Fury said as he pulled away from the hug.

"Ok, but promise us that you'll write us every chance you get," Luna said, wiping the last of her tears from her cheek..

"I will write you at every place I can find a carrier pigeon or owl to send you a letter," Fury said as Luna began to walk back to the castle. Fury returned to Dash and they set out to their first big adventure, The iron wings Pegasus trials.