• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 1,420 Views, 42 Comments

An Unexpected Union: A Princess and a Former Showmare - StormLuna



Despite Twilight being freed from Trixie's mind control spell, she still loves her. Their love is stronger than ever and Twilight is nearing term so they decide to get married and want to get it done as soon as possible.

  • ...
7
 42
 1,420

Preparing for the Ceremony

Two days had passed and during the whole time, Trixie stayed with Twilight and Eclipse Dawn. Finally though the time had come for Twilight and Eclipse to go home but more importantly, the time for Eclipse Dawn to be formally introduced to Equestria. As Twilight woke up that morning, not only was Trixie by her side, but Celestia, Luna and Starlight were also present.

Twilight woke up and asked, "Celestia, what are all of you doing in here?"

Celestia replied, "Well you are being discharged this morning and the three of us believe that today should be the day that Eclipse Dawn is introduced to Equestria as its newest prince."

Twilight protested, "Already? You want this ceremony to take place when the two of us are just now getting discharged?"

Trixie added, "And where would this ceremony be held? Will it be here in Canterlot or would it be in Ponyville?"

Celestia replied, "Well I was thinking that it would be best if it were here in Canterlot."

Twilight protested, "Celestia, I live in Ponyville as will Eclipse. I personally think that he should be introduced there, where he will be living."

Trixie added, "Twilight does make a good point. It should be the ponies of his hometown that get to see him in real life."

While Celestia and Luna sighed in frustration, Starlight agreed with them. She suggested, "You know something, they make a great point. I think we should postpone the ceremony until tomorrow so that they can get home and get ready."

Celestia sighed, "Oh alright. I know the ponies here who were wanting to see him will be disappointed as we have already informed them to gather at the base of the balcony this afternoon."

While Celestia and Luna were hoping that saying that would get Twilight to change her mind, it did not. It only frustrated her more, "Wait, you plan this ceremony without even notifying me?" She looked at Luna and Starlight and asked, "Were you two in on planning this too. Did you two notify the public about this?"

Luna replied, "No Twilight, we did not."

Starlight added, "Last night Celestia came over to the base and together we notified the troops to go and let everypony know about the ceremony." Starlight hung her head low and continued, "I'm sorry Twilight. I just figured that what Celestia and Luna would know what would be best. I wasn't thrilled about it but I went along with them."

Twilight gave the three a glare and asked, "I just want to know why you didn't ask me about this. Why didn't you ask me about where WE wanted it held?"

Celestia replied, "We decided it should be held here because of how Trixie is perceived in Ponyville."

Luna added, "We do not wish for the crowd to boo you three when he is introduced."

Starlight suggested, "I don't know whether anypony else would agree with this or not but we could have a formal introduction ceremony in Canterlot but also have one in Ponyville, one where Twilight, Trixie and Eclipse Dawn would be down mingling with the crowd." Starlight saw Trixie's pupils shrink in fear causing her to continue, "And don't worry Trixie, I will see to it that there is more than enough security to protect all of you."

Twilight and Trixie talked among themselves for a minute before Twilight said, "Ok, we will go with Starlight's plan." She began tapping her hoof on the rail of the bed and continued, "So when will the two of us be released?"

Celestia replied, "Just as soon as you eat some breakfast."


After eating her breakfast, Twilight and Eclipse were released from the hospital and were led, with tight security, to the throne room to await the time for the ceremony. There she was greeted by her friends but it was Rarity who was most excited to see them, "Twilight darling, it is so good to see that you are out of there."

Twilight replied, "Thanks, I'm very happy to be out of there. Yesterday I was feeling fine already but they said that I had to stay one more day 'just in case.'"

Trixie added, "Well for me it would not have mattered how long Twilight was in there." She gave Twilight a kiss on the cheek and continued, "It wouldn't matter how long she had to be in there, I would have been by her side the whole time."

Rarity couldn't help but smile seeing Trixie showing her true love for Twilight. She did have a surprise for them though. She motioned for them to follow her up to a VIP bedroom and they followed her there.

When they arrived Rarity yelled, "Surprise!"

She had made the two elegant gowns for the event, knowing that they simply couldn't go out before the crowd without proper attire. Twilight asked, "Rarity, these gowns are gorgeous!"

Trixie added, "These are perfect! I absolutely love them!"

Rarity began to leave and as she was leaving the room Rarity said, "Well I'll let you two get dressed."


While they were getting dressed, Starlight was in the throne room watching over Eclipse, who seemed to have taken quite the liking to her. Celestia walked up to her and asked, "He's taken quite the liking to you, hasn't he?"

Starlight replied, "Yes, he has." She then began to chuckle, "And to think, had Twilight not joined Trixie and I that one night, this adorable little guy wouldn't even exist."

Celestia added, "I know what happened really upset you at first but it seems like everything turned out just fine. Twilight and Trixie have an adorable foal, Trixie became a princess, Equestria has a new prince and you became The Warrior Princess." She leaned down and added, "Fate has a strange way of working out, doesn't it."

Starlight replied, "Yeah, it does."


Ten minutes had passed when Trixie and Twilight got back to the throne room and saw how Starlight was interacting with their son. This gave Twilight an idea, "Trixie, up in the Crystal Empire when Flurry Heart was introduced to the empire, a pony by the name of Sunburst did the crystalling and introduced her. Do you think we should have Starlight introduce Eclipse?"

Trixie saw how much Eclipse liked Starlight and replied, "Well if she will do it, yes."

The two approached her and Twilight asked, "Starlight, Trixie and I have a question for you."

Trixie added, "We see that you really like Eclipse and it seems like he really likes you too. We are wondering if you would introduce our son to the ponies here."

Starlight gasped, "Seriously? You want me to introduce him?"

Twilight replied, "Yeah, we do."
.
Starlight pulled the two into a hug and replied, "I would be honored to introduce him to Equestria." She paused for a minute and continued, "So do the three of us just walk up to the edge of the balcony, I hold him up and introduce him to everypony."

Twilight replied, "Yeah, well unless you want to give a little speech first."

Starlight blushed, "Well I don't know about that. I do know one thing, I certainly don't want to mention what caused you two to get together and how he was conceived."

Trixie sighed, "Thanks, that is something that nopony should know."

Starlight asked, "So when is this ceremony going to take place?"

Twilight replied, "Celestia will let us know. It shouldn't be too much longer."

While they wouldn't show it, Twilight and Trixie still weren't overly thrilled that Celestia would want to hold the ceremony on the same day that Twilight was discharged from the hospital. Starlight on the other hoof, was thrilled that the two trusted her enough to be the one to introduce Eclipse Dawn as Equestria's newest prince.