• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 766 Views, 28 Comments

Rainbow Factory: Genesis - emoshyplz



The Rainbow Factory is wiped from the face of Equestria years ago.... but nopony thought its return would ever come to be.

  • ...
9
 28
 766

The Beginnings of Fear (Prologue)

I walk among the lonely road,
The colorless sky leading me astray...

A pony shrouded in black was walking among a gravel path through a small town, the construction of it only just beginning. Many "handy"-ponies were helping out, those that were not unicorns carrying large objects on their backs. They seemed to talk to each other, but out came no noise in the ears of this pony. Their gaze stayed up at the grayish-blue sky and the soft clouds drifting slowly in the wind. This pony ignored all others, keeping focused on the path. Her thoughts seemed off, as she would keep drifting away from her current reality.

And what once was my humble abode
Has now been scorched away...

Only once did this pony glare backwards, the faint sight of smoke being in the distance... in the pony's mind. Years ago did her house burn to the ground, taking the life of their dear father, whom was always there. 'Daddy, where are you?! Daddy! Help me! Daddy!..' The voices rang inside the pony's head, memories of the atrocity returning in the form of sharp pains. The pony urged on, tears falling down to the ground where the pony walked. They seemed to pave a new path for her to tread on as she started to wander off the path, only to come back to it.

I keep on taking the wrong way,
And I can never do anything right...

Down to their knees the pony fell, overwhelmed with tears of sadness and frustration. "Why did you have to leave me, dad?! Just why?!" Their voice brought about the notion of being a mare just before reaching marehood. Tears were streaming down her anguish filled cheeks, and she was unable to open her eyes. "Why did you have to go and die?! I could've saved you!" Her conscious mind begged for redemption of her worst sin: letting her father disappear into the blazing establishment. She could've saved him... she knew that they were there... she was just so scared she couldn't move her little filly legs, almost paralyzed...

But I will make my redemption today;
Then maybe I'll see him in the light...

She gripped back control without remorse, though she still was weeping in unending grief. She knew what had really happened that day... 'Here's the guy's house... you remember our battle plan, right?' The voices outside of her window replayed in her mind, and a vivid memory of looking out her window of her fillyhood home, and seeing three strange ponies standing outside of it. She only wept heavier as she thought about it more. Still she pressed on, determined to stay moving, even in the midst of her father's memory coming back to her at such a time: the exact day he was killed 5 whole years ago...

Memories are aches that stay with oneself,
Love is something that one should cherish...

"I love you, daddy... I'll come and get you someday..." Her voice was but a whisper as she exited the final set of homes being constructed, the noise of hoof-operated drills fully at work. Still she walked; what was she walking to? Her memories were buzzing around her mind all at once, tearing at her emotions... until they all came to a complete halt. She thought of something... a sentence... a goal... a mission. She focused her mind on this solitary thought... "Treat other ponies like they would treat you..." Ideas rushed into her head, all leading to the same conclusive answer...

But if you hurt somepony else,
Then you are most certain to perish...

She knew what she had to do... in vengeance of her father. The ponies from that day were all guilty of ruining her life and ending that of her dad's. They had ended her father's... and now she would end them just as they did... no, something different... as she glanced to the skies, she again acknowledged its lack of quality color. Whenever rainbows showed up, the sky became florescent and beautiful... and her father always loved them; they were a reminder of his late, very caring wife, to whom he gave his heart.

The rainbow's tale wasn't all that known,
And it was something not easily cloned...

Her emotions were shattered, pieces on the ground that was her subconscience. She bared a glare filled with hatred... and insanity. They all killed her father... and soon... they'd be a message to him from beyond. Pegasi began moving stormclouds, all packed with rain, setting them in place and beginning the showers. Her smile came across as creepy as she laughed to her psychotic little self. "I'll make them the one thing my father so loved... I'll make them rainbows..."

The rainbow's tale won't be known quite as nice
As the story it bared of sugar and spice...

Her insanity spiralled out of control, new tears forming as she smiled wider than is pleasant. She laughed to herself, knowing what exactly she must do to avenge her father in all its details... the only remaining question being how... and as she turned, destiny showed its face... an abandoned factory that was still sitting on its cloud, once being for weather and cloud-making, and of large size... this is where she would begin. The only thing she needed was the name of her devious plan. In a surge of the moment, a memory quickly flashed by her, being only a single image: the three culprits visibly having wings... but it was enough to give her plot and special factory a name... "The Rainbow Factory... yes, yes, perfect..." And as she thought to herself, she saw a vision of the three ponies, helpless, writhing in pain... she played out the scene in her mind...

"Now accept your fate and die..."


And the luxury of rainbows come with a price,
So accept your fate...

"...in the Pegasus Device..."

The mare's eye twitched, insanity flowing through her bones and all the stems of her brain. She stood in the rain, staring right up at the blackness of the storm clouds, thunder now crashing down as lightning beamed its sounded hatred upon the land of the living. She feared nothing, she forgot everything else, and only knew one thought... one familiar jingle she had heard since she was a filly, that her father had used to lull her to sleep.

In the Rainbow Factory,
Where dreams and hopes are made.
In the Rainbow Factory,
Where brightness is no masquerade.
In the Rainbow Factory,
Where the light of rainbows will shine through.
In the Rainbow Factory,
Where your happiness will surely come true.
So sing along with me the tale of rainbow's light...
So come and be with me, and we will sing through the night...
Of the Rainbow's Tale, being of sugar, spice, and things we love...
As we watch them up in the sky above...

She was crying, but she could not stop smiling like the psychotic mare she had become. Each and every memory she shared with her father raced through her mind in a neverending storm, spinning and spinning just like a hurricane, only growing faster with each second as it plowed through the empty fields that covered her mind. Every other memory was of the jingle, one singular word each time it passed, and soon, it went between the sight of the fire, for she had stroked it, seeing more pain than any pony could ever know, and the jingle of which her father had taught her, and soon, the thoughts came together, and the words came to her like they had been implanted in her mind for all her life, her only just remembering them for what they truly were...

Now a Rainbow's Tale isn't quite as nice...

The image of the fire blared through her head.

As the story we knew of sugar and spice...

She could just imagine the sight of her father burning alive, unable to be helped, crying out in agony for anypony to save him.

But a Rainbow is easy once you get to know it...

Her mind went over to the three ponies who had brought an early end to her father's life, just outside her fillyhood home window.

With the help...

She pictured the device... the ultimate judgement... holding the three ponies where they could not be saved.

...of the magic...

She saw them shaking, trembling, trying to break free, pleaing and begging for forgiveness, even when they knew they would not recieve it.

...of the Pegasus Device.

Her mind went to the thought of them being pierced straight through their hearts, for which were metaphorically black; the blood dripped from their irreversable wounds, and the color draining from their soon-to-be-lifeless bodies, the light flowing through the device, and over to small capsules that held the color of them all, each in a color of the rainbow's spectrum. Red, for all the love they held in their hearts, one thing that they had truly lacked the day they murdered her father. Orange, for all the rage they had made it through, that they had burned so brightly with on the day they let it all out on the mare's father. Yellow, for all the fears they whence had, glowing the brightest, projecting the feelings they felt when being greeted by the device's grip in vengeance of what they had done to the mare's father.. Green, for the joy they felt throughout their days, something they had experienced after the death of one stallion who's death would be their downfall.. Blue, for all the times they were sad, being much dimmer than the rest, reflecting the feeling they felt after what they did, not mattering to the daughter of the one that they had killed.. Finally, Purple, for the evil nature they had contained, which they had used all of on that day, five years ago, in which they ended the life of one mister Rainboom... the father of Rainbow Dash, the most talented, young pegasus mare that would have soon achieved her dreams of becoming an expert flyer. Each glowed, sloshing in tubes, being poured into a line in the perfect way to make a rainbow, turning now in perfect harmony, side by side, like the friends that Rainbow Dash would soon make. The line came to its end, and from an exiting point within the device's infrastructure, it was launched into the world, gleaming with its beauty to all the fillies, mares, colts, stallions, griffons, changelings, yaks and animals alike. The only thing they didn't know of was its origin... and they would never know for sure.

Soon, as the end of this vision stopped going through the head of Rainbow Dash, it became apparent to her...

...that it was no longer a vision, but a clear reality.

She hungered for more... the feeling she got was exhilerating... and she would be doing it for a cause greater than anypony could know.

Now let's delve deeper into rainbow philosophy...
Far beyond that of Cloudsdale's mythology...

The device would remain a mystery to those who had not heard about it, in which the amount was almost none, except for those who were making their sacrifices to the device, their god.

It's easy to misjudge that floating city...
With its story they call... its "social psychology"...

Through many harsh days, and through many days so calm, it ran, spreading happiness to the outside world and suffering to those that were inside of the device's inescapable bringing of death.

But with all great things comes a great responsibility...
That of Cloudsdale's being weather stability...

The Weather Factory at Cloudsdale was more than good cover for their factory... it was means of keeping it a complete secret from all those who had not known of their doings. None of them thought of it as evil... to them, the Pegasus Device was their god, and sacrificing those who were deemed unworthy was not seen as crime to them...

How you ask, are they up to the task..?

And then came the day... Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, became aware of the factory... Rainbow Dash did her best to cover it up, but to no avail... she knew, she would always know, and soon she would tell about it to the other princesses, bringing an end to their god's reign...

In which the answer is in...

"Not if I can help it!"

...a simple facility.