• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,393 Views, 80 Comments

In Wub - gingerfuntime



After being transported to Ponyville somehow, Levi meets a very strange musical pony.

  • ...
10
 80
 1,393

Sleepytime Tea

"Well there it is. All out there on the table. That's me." I said, exhausted from telling my story.

"Wow. I never knew those things could happen... I mean, I know all about heartbreak and stuff, but your dad not being there through your whole childhood? That kind of stuff doesn't happen here... I'm so sorry." she said with a tear in her eye.

"Vinyl Scratch are you empathizing with me?" I joked halfheartedly.

"No. I just uh... I just got something in my eye is all." she said, not wanting to show her emotions to me.

"Yeah, sure." I joked.

I think she sees who I am now. At least I hope so. I thought to myself.

"Well, that's enough sad crap to last me a week. Let's get you to Twilight's." she explained.

"Weren't you listening to anything I just said? I don't wanna go back, I won't! I gave up on my world the second I met... The second I landed here. I'll never want anything more than to stay here..." I pleaded.

"Oh, I know. I just thought she could use a spell to turn you into one of us. So you'll blend in, ya know?" she smirked.

"Oh god..." I laughed. "You scared me! Jesus!" I laughed harder.

I looked up at her and felt this weird tingling in my stomach.

Wait... Am I falling in love with... A pony? I asked myself. It's okay, even if I am, I might get turned into one of them so it won't be weird.


"Ugh, Levi! You're the biggest dick I've ever met!" Vinyl joked.

I had pushed her jokingly into the road and made her fall.

"You know you kinda like me now." I smirked at her.

"Oh don't push your luck, kid." she said. "Gah, I hate living on the other damn side of Ponyville from Twi." she said.

"Well, we're here now at least." I smiled.

"Finally!" she said with relief. We walked in and the library looked exactly like it had in the show. Piles of books, vast bookcases, and Spike on the floor on a pile of books.

"Aww." I laughed. "He's so peaceful like that."

"Twi!" Vinyl yelled.

"AGH! Ok, I'm awake, jeez..." Spike said, annoyed. Then he looked up at me.

"Uh... I don't... What... Who..." Spike rambled.

"Spike, calm down. This is my friend, Levi." Vinyl explained. Friend? I asked myself. Yes!

"Where's Twilight?" Vinyl asked.

"She's at Sugarcube Corner, picking up some apple tarts for some picnic she's having." Spike explained.

"Picnic? Well, whatever. Thanks, Spike. See ya!" she called.

"Catch ya later, Vinyl!" Spike called back.

"More walking. UGH!" Vinyl complained.

"Jeez, crybaby." I joked. We arrived and were greeted with more less-than-savory looks from the ponies around.

"Where is she? I don't see her..." Vinyl said.

"Maybe try the Cake's shop?" I suggested.

"How do you know everyone's names?" she asked.

"Well, where I come from, your town is a TV show. A cartoon." I explained. She cocked her head in confusion.

"I'll explain it later." I sighed.


We got into the Cake's bakery, and immediately bumped into Twilight.

"Hey Vinyl!" she beamed. "And... Friend..." she said, in awe.

"My name's Levi." I said. "Well that's quite a strange name. And an even stranger specimen." she examined me very closely. It was extremely awkward considering we were in a public place.

"Well, Twi, he's why I came to find you. We need your help." Vinyl explained. "Of course, I'll do what I can. What do you need?" Twilight asked.

"Well... Can we talk to you about it back at your place?" Vinyl asked uncomfortably.

"Of course. Let's go." she said, confused.


"Wait, wait, wait. You want me to turn him into a stallion??" Twilight asked in shock.

"Erm... Yes?" Vinyl said.

"I'm terribly unsure if I can even do that." Twilight admitted. "Let me look, though." she continued.

She looked for a good hour until she found one that might work.

"Aha! Here's one! But before I do this, what's the deal with you?" she asked, putting her hoof on me.

"Well, I fell into a river back where I lived, and I just woke up in the middle of the Everfree Forest." I explained.

"Why can't I just send you back? I have a good spell for that." she asked skeptically.

"It's a long story." I muttered. She looked to Vinyl for confirmation and she nodded.

"He deserves to have a happy life." she said sadly. "And he can't have that where he's from. Please, Twi." Vinyl pleaded.

"Alright. Only because you're my friend, and not for him." she sighed.

The process was long and tedious. At times even painful, especially the final transformation. But I was a stallion now. An earth pony, nothing special. My colors reflecting those of my clothing previously. So basically, all black. I'm still taller than most of the ponies, but more normal height for them.

"I can't thank you enough for what you've done, Twilight." I said, ecstatic.

"Well, maybe swing by my picnic next week and we can talk about payment." she joked.

Her eyes seemed to bore right through the hollow of my chest. It was like she knew all I'd been through without me telling her.

It was late at night by the time we were finished. The shops were closed and everypony in bed.

"Well, Levi. I don't assume you have a place to stay." Vinyl said. "Oh, and we need to think of a pony name for you so you can fully blend in." she pondered.

"How about River Flow?" I asked.

"It's ok. It could use some work, but not right now." she said with a yawn.

"Well..." she looked me over for a minute and said, "Do you wanna stay with me? I could use a roommate and someone to teach music to." she joked.

"Yeah, that sounds great." I smiled at her. And she smiled back at me.

Awesome! I thought.

Her house was very dirty once I got to actually looking at it. I sat down on the couch. It wasn't much, but it was comfortable enough.

I heard Vinyl call from the kitchen. "You want some tea or something? I'm having some Sleepytime, I'm tired!"

"I'll have the same. I always liked Sleepytime." I replied.

"Alright. Give it a few minutes." she said.

She sat next to me and put her hind hooves over mine, like a hoof rest. She grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels.

"Boorring..." she sighed. "TV sucks now." she said.

"So you don't have cartoons here?" I asked.

"I don't know what that means." she admitted.

"It's animation. Like drawings?"

She nodded, understanding so far.

"Well on Earth, we put those into motion and name the characters and come up with plot lines." I explained.

"Okay... Go on." she said.

"Well where I'm from, your life, your town, and all that, is a cartoon. It's called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." I said.

"So we don't exist where you're from?" she sounded confused.

It made sense, though. This was all she knew.

"Yes. It's sad, but my world doesn't matter anymore." I smiled.

"That sounds like a show for little foals." she joked.

"So I've been told." I smiled.

skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Oh, tea's ready." Vinyl said. She came back armed with two steaming cups of tea.

"Here ya go, it's really hot." she said.

I took a small sip and already felt it starting to work. Vinyl and I had both finished our cups within a few minutes. Vinyl yawned and her eyes went droopy. She put her forehoof around my waist and her head on my chest.

"Ya know, Levi,"

"River." I interrupted, jokingly.

"Ya know, River, I'm glad you bumped into me in the forest." and with that she fell asleep. The tingling in my stomach came around again.

"So am I, Vinyl. So am I."