• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,394 Views, 80 Comments

In Wub - gingerfuntime



After being transported to Ponyville somehow, Levi meets a very strange musical pony.

  • ...
10
 80
 1,394

Where Am I?

"Jeez dude, you alright?" the blue-haired pony asked me.

Until she saw what I was.

"AHH!" she yelped and jumped back.

"Holy... Hell! You're Vinyl Scratch! You - Where am I?" I asked, feeling a million different emotions at once.

"You're in the Everfree Forest, whatever the hell you are! And how do you know who I am?!" she yelled, acting like I was about to rip her to pieces.

"Seriously, what the hell are you?" she asked, cautiously moving closer. Being 6' 2" I was much taller than her, seeing as she was about 5' 2" on her hind legs.

I stood up and told her simply, "I'm a human." I said, confused. "Where did you come from?" she asked, still moving closer, albeit very slowly.

"Earth. Specifically from Oregon." I explained.

"What's an Oregon? Is it like one of those huge pianos they have in churches?" she asked, intrigued.

"No," I laughed. "It's a state. Don't you have states here?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe. I was never big on geography as a filly." she joked.

Every time I spoke she seemed to cringe.

"Why are you out here?" she asked.

"I don't know, I fell into a river back home and I woke up here." I said.

"How don't you know how something like you ends up in Equestria?" she asked.

"Um... I blacked out?"

"We need to figure out how to get you back, cause you're scaring the shit outta me." she said, no longer moving closer.

"You'd do that for me?" I asked, taken aback.

"Yeah! I don't know whether I should trust you yet, so I think I'm gonna get you to Twilight so you can get the hell out of here..." she said, still frightened.

"Vinyl, I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise." I said.

"Stop calling me that, it still freaks me out that you know my name..." she explained.

"Viny- fuck... I'm not gonna hurt anyone here, I give you my word. A man's word is the thing he's bound by. I mean no harm." I explained, desperately.

She sighed, "You swear?"

"Yes."

"Pinkie Pie swear?"

"Yes." I tried holding back a smile. "Pinkie Pie swear." I said, almost beaming.

"Ugh... Fine." she moaned.

"I have to grab some things from Zecora and then we can head to town." she explained begrudgingly.

Dammit... I feel like nobody, or nopony for that matter, is gonna believe or like me... Just like home... Awesome.

I had to wait outside Zecora's hut while Vinyl got what she needed.

"What'd ya get?" I asked once she left.

"Oh, just some stuff." she said, distracted.

"Don't worry about it." she snapped.

"Um... Ok then." I figured it was private, so I wouldn't delve too deep into the matter. We finally got to her house after venturing through town. I got some very weird looks from some of the ponies.

"Well, that was awkward..." I said once we got inside.

"How so?" she asked, jokingly. She must have realized she was showing her actual emotions to a person she didn't trust, so she countered that with a glare. As I laughed, I realized I was genuinely happy for the first time in a long time, even though I had a nagging thought in the back of my mind that nopony would ever accept me if I was actually going to stay.

"So... I should probably take you to Twilight. We need to figure out a way to get you home..." she said, pausing for a name.

"Levi. My name's Levi." I explained.

"That's a weird name. You don't have another or anything?" she asked.

"I do. My last name's Borne." I told her.

She seemed confused. "That name doesn't tell anything about you. What do you do?" she asked.

"Well, I play guitar sometimes and I can kinda make dubstep." I explained, hoping to impress her and find some common ground.

"Dude, sweet! Me too!" she said, showing her actual emotions again. She coughed and put on a straight face again.

"But I'm getting off track. We need to get you to Twilight." She started opening the door when I called after her.

"No! I don't want to go back." She looked completely sideswiped.

"Why not?" she asked, slightly worried.

"I don't have anyone that'll miss me there. My life sucks there. From the whole hour I've been here, I've been happier than I have in a very, very long time. Even though I can kinda tell you hate me." I explained. She sat me down on her couch.

"I don't hate you. I just don't quite trust you is all." she explained, heartfelt.

"Well, whatever emotion you feel toward me, I'd rather be untrustworthy here than back home." I explained, getting depressed again.

"Why? Don't you like your home?" she asked. I then proceeded to explain to her the long chain of sadness, let downs, heartbreak, and all-around shitstorm that had been the past month of my life.