• Published 2nd Aug 2016
  • 639 Views, 8 Comments

Stories Of Our Future - ShadowsOfThePast



Welcome to the future. Our main cast has got married and had their children, and it's time for you to meet them. (Contains different arcs.)

  • ...
 8
 639

Arc 2- Part of The Band- Chapter 1: Strings The Stalker

"What's that you're humming?" Bon-Bon asked, handing Ambrosia a bag of candies.

The mare's eyes widened and she looked to the side. "Ah-Ah have no idea what y'all are talkin' about!"

The mare chuckled. "Just like your mother, Ambrosia. You're a horrible liar."

Ambrosia sighed. "Alright, alright. It's a tune Smooth came up with."

The candy seller grinned. "Well it's lovely, send my compliments to him!"

The mare nodded. "Will do!" She turned to exit, yet outside the door, was Golden Strings, smiling brightly. She was a navy blue Earth pony with a gold mane, along with white highlights.

"So... I heard Tuney made that beat. Do you think you can get him to play with me~?" She grinned cheekily.

The farmer sighed. "Strings, get over it, he doesn't like you."

The mare glared at her. "Of course he likes me! He just doesn't know it."

"Strings, his parents are considerin' a restrainin' order."

She scoffed. "It's just words on a paper. With some white-out and a bonfire such things can go up in smoke!"

Ambrosia rubbed her forehead. "Look, Ah don't have time for this. Ah have to get back to the farm. See ya later, Golden." She wandered off, leaving the crazy mare plotting.

"Why, of course he loves me... It's just the same as humans are real..." She cackled.

Her brother, Hot Chocolate, bonked her on the head with a cup of coffee. "Bad Golden, no more coffee and candy before six AM."

She growled at the stallion. "Shouldn't you be off sucking White Snow's d-"

"Shh...." Her brother used his light blue magic to shut her mouth. "Just stop talking. It's not good for your health."

The mare stormed off, muttering as soon as her brother let go of her muzzle. "'Not good for your health' my ass."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smooth Tune had the strange feeling of being watched. And so he immediately closed and locked all his windows. "There is no way I'm letting that crazy mare get anywhere near me."

"You really need to get a better defense system." The stallion whirled around to see Hot Chocolate sitting on his couch. "I snuck in faster than Rainbow Dash can clear the sky."

"H-How did you get in here!?" The stallion gasped, looking for any entry.

He chuckled. "Relax, I blocked the way I got in so I have to forcibly teleport out. But seriously, if you don't want my sister stalking you do something about it!" The brown-coated stallion took a sip from his coffee.

"You're super bad at this, Tune." The two stallions looked up to see White Snow lying on the rafters. "She's probably already in your house at this point."

"BUT HOW-"

"It's true." Golden Strings' voice came from his closet, which she peeked out of.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Candle Wish stared at her brother. "What."

The male frowned. "I need you and Cosmo to make a machine that keeps people but me and whoever I choose enter the room."

"That's not how it works."

"But- You guys are always making some awesome machines that do awesome stuff!" Her brother whined.

"It can't do that." She glared at him.

"Can magic do that?" He asked hopefully.

"No." Twilight said as she peeked out of the kitchen.

"A-Aunty Twilight, what are you doing here?" Tune asked.

"I need Pinkie's help baking something for Cadance and Shining Armor, they're coming over for a visit!" The mare answered before retreating back into the kitchen.

Smooth Tune blinked. "Huh. So, you can't do anything to keep ponies out of my room?"

His little sister shook her head. "Nothing." But then, she smirked. "But then, no one wants to come into your room when you and Ambrosia are alone up there~"

His face turned bright red. "Sh-Shut up! You know it's not like that."

She put a hoof to her chest. "Of course I know that, but other ponies don't. And they start talking."

Smooth rubbed his forehead. "Oh great... Can you please dispel this rumor?"

"Yeah, and tell them The Scarecrow is you and Ambrosia? Totally. You'd hove mobs outside the bakery door everyday!" She rolled her eyes.

The gray stallion grinned at his pink sister, and pushed his sister's yellow mane out of the way as he started walking towards his recording studio. "Thanks for saying we're so popular. Ambrosia should be here for recording in a few minutes, let her in, will you?"

Candle Wish grumbled. "Ugh... Alright Strings, go ahead."

The mare popped out from behind a box and giggled gleefully before rushing after him. The filly smiled evilly as she watched her go. "Shows you not to mess with me, big brother. HAHAHAHAHA!"

"SWEET CELESTIA HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambrosia knocked on the door, waiting patiently for it to open. She was excited, Tune had said he had a great track planned out. However, a voice from behind her interrupted her train of thought. "Do tell me, what do you two do alone up there?"

The mare sighed and turned to greet her other best friend. Country Beat, light gray like a cloud with a dark purple mane, was standing behind her, a smirk on her face. "Howdy, Country."

The mare chuckled. "That doesn't answer my question, Amber. Don't be evasive, I know you two get up to something up there. Alone... In his room... Just you and a (while not my type) handsome stallion..."

Ambrosia turned red. "S-Stop it! It's not like that!"

"Then what is it like?" The musician mare asked. "Don't keep secrets from me, Amber."

The farmer groaned. "Okay, okay, but y'all have to promise not to tell anybody!"

Country Beat stood up quickly and rushed forward, eyes sparkling. "I promise! You gotta tell me, what was your first time li-"

Ambrosia let out a loud squeak. "COUNTRY!"

The mare busted into giggles. "Sorry, sorry. Say what you were gonna say."

The farmer lowered her voice. "Me and Smooth Tune are The Scarecrow."

Her eyes widened. "No. I don't believe you. Show me proof!"

Behind them the door opened, and Candle's voice came from inside. "Hey Ambrosia, Tune's upstairs waiting for you. Sorry it took a while, Strings was here."

Ambrosia nodded. "Ah, understandable. C'mon, Country."

However, when they tried to go inside, the filly reached up to put a hoof on the musician's chest. "Does she have clearance?"

The farming mare chuckled. "She can come with me, Candle."

Candle nodded before she turned and closed the door, yawning in the process. "Why do these recording sessions have to be so late...?"

The two mares walked up the stairs, and Country gasped as the door opened to reveal a full-fledged recording studio, with two sound booths, a turntable, a control panel, and plenty of other cool stuff.

Smooth Tune turned as they entered, clutching some drink in his hoof. Iced tea maybe? "Ambrosia, ah, you're here! Guessing you finally gave in and told her?"

Country sounded like she was dying, wheezing in pain. "OH MY CELESTIA YOU GUYS ACTUALLY ARE THE SCARECROW HOLY FUDGE CAKES!"

The stallion sighed and turned to the turntable. "Alright. Amber, get in the sound booth when you're ready, Country try not to freak out too loudly."

Ambrosia entered the sound booth, and put the headphones on. Smooth started moving dials and pressing buttons until a beat started moving through the air. Smooth nodded, and the farmer started singing.

"Ah'm movin' slow, no where to go, but you're watchin' me like a scarecrow. Watch me move, let's start to groove, and yet you keep watchin' like a scarecrow. Oh oh oh oh, just like a scarecrow, just like a scarecrow, oh oh oh oh, now watch out for this crow."

A beat filled the air, yet soon Amber's melodious voice continued singing. "Ah'm dancing through, this tornado ooh, floatin' above the barren cornfields. This hurricane, is startin' again, and it's all about to blow DOWN!"

The beat started up again, and the stallion and singing mare danced along. "Ah'm movin' slow, no where to go, but you're watchin' me like a scarecrow. Watch me move, let's start to groove, and yet you keep watchin' me like a scarecrow. Oh oh oh oh, just like a scarecrow, just like a scarecrow, oh oh oh oh, now watch out for this crow."

"Ah'm flyin' through the atmosphere, the sky is clear, Ah can see you down below, can you feel the turbulence? Get ready, Ah'm 'bout to show you why you should learn to fly, we're gonna soar through the sky! Oh oh, oh oh, let's show what we can do, we're about to blow through!"

"Ah'm movin' slow, no where to go, but you're watchin' me like a scarecrow. Watch me move, let's start to groove, and yet you keep watchin' like a scarecrow. Oh oh oh oh, just like a scarecrow, just like a scarecrow, oh oh oh oh, now watch out for this crow."

The beat ended, and Ambrosia exited the sound booth. "How was that?"

Smooth Tune smiled. "It was excellent! The tone was perfect, and I could really feel the emotion! I also think Country appreciated it," he gestured to the mare, who was lying unconscious on the floor with a dazed yet joyous look on her face.

Ambrosia laughed. "Definitely."

"Agreed." Strings said, grinning while sitting on Smooth Tune's chair.

"GET OUT!!"

Author's Note:

Cutie Mark List:
Enigma: None.
Anomaly: None.
Arcane Circle: A magic circle, kind of obviously.
Candle Wish: A small purple flame.
Smooth Tune: A record. Like the ones on a phonograph.
Ambrosia: An apple on it's side, with the stem reaching up high towards her back, and a leaf sticking out to the same side the apple top is pointing. Like an eighth note or something.
Dragonfly: None.
Quick Draw: An exclamation point surrounded by a spiky speech bubble.
Moonstone: A heart with a lab coat and stethoscope
Apollo: A yellow star on the end of an arrow.
Starshine Lulamoon: The big dipper constellation with a wand reaching towards one of the stars.
Techno: None yet.
Autumn Gold: None yet.
Falcon: None yet.
Stopped Clock: A sundial face.
Cosmo: Two gears interlocked.
Country Beat: A bass clef.
Hot Chocolate: A cup with steam rising out of it.
Golden Strings: A magnifying glass next to a harp.
Honey Crisp: A lasso that's lassoing an apple.
Flurry Heart: A firework explosion surrounded by snowflakes.
Gleaming Quarts: A piece of quartz with a crown hanging off of it.
Solar Eclipse: A black circle with a ring of fire around it.
Blue Moon: A full moon surrounded by blue fire.
White Snow: A black jewel.
Canus: None.