• Published 4th Jun 2016
  • 1,115 Views, 109 Comments

All an Illusion - D Historian



Illusion has no idea who or what she is, but she has to rise to the occasion with her new friends and save Equestria, uncovering herself and the secret past of Fluttershy, her mother, and her father, along the long and dark way...

  • ...
2
 109
 1,115

Chapter 8

Chapter 8:
Fly

The door bounced against the soft cloud material, banging gently with a slightly lethargic sound. The noiseless hinges swing with inaudible ease, the slit between the door and the wall cracking an inch further apart, a sliver of light quickly assaulting green curious eyes.

The pair of eyes widened with obvious surprise at the sudden entrance of a sky blue figure, her agitated stance affecting the other pony, who shuffled about nervously behind, eyes darting about.

"What are we going to do?" Rainbow Dash hissed between her teeth at the other Pegasus, who reared up in self defence, grimacing at the mare. Rainbow huffed, glaring harder.

"We can't just..." The stallion stammered.

"We can't just what?" Rainbow gestured wildly with her hooves, her tail whipping sharply across the small peep hole in the door, dust rising tickle the eavesdropper's nose. Her muzzle scrunched up in an effort not to sneeze and give herself away.

The stallion paced urgently, shaking his head. Rainbow frowned and trotted dangerously close to the slit in the door, making the listener shrink away, narrowly avoiding discovery.

Rainbow glanced around conspiratorially, squinting into the darkened corners of the room. She leaned forward, in time with Prism, who scooted closer to the door, ears pricked to catch every word.

Her breath hitched in concentration, face emotionless, but eyes flicking to and fro with every pitch and intonation in her Mother's tone.

Hearing enough, she drew back quickly and took off, wings flapping soundlessly, catching a quick air current and taking off, quickly distancing herself away from the ongoing conversation, angling herself towards Ponyville.

~~~

Rarity checked her reflection on the polished window pane, brushing off nonexistent dust specks off perfect curls. She nodded approvingly at herself, and turned to address the filly beside her.

"Jewel, darling, put away that magazine, we are arriving soon."

Jewel turned her nose up, complying with a snort, brushing a long purple forelock to cover the side of her face, tucking stray strands away. Her alabaster coat shone with perfection, speckless and polished. She sighed in disdain, muttering under her breath. Her Mother pretended not to notice, blinking at the window.

The landscape Rarity had not seen in a long time suddenly seemed less vibrant. Trees darkened.

Rarity pursed her lips, gaze trembling, zooming in on the crows feet clawed slightly in the corner of her eyes, the slightest trace of wrinkles making her mouth tightened.

Jewel huffed, looking away.

~~~

Illusion tiptoed softly, wings spread in balance, trotting quickly away from her cottage. Dying grass crunched underneath

Her ruby eyes caught the cottage, and caught the silhouette of her Mother, sleeping.

She flew on.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter tomorrow. Or day after. It depends.:twilightblush:
Everypony has mommy issues.

.......Don't own the MLP characters, OCs are mine.