• Published 19th May 2016
  • 1,798 Views, 14 Comments

Simple Tricks are for Fillies - Erina Tail Yellow



Approved by the author of Simple Melodies are for Fillies comes a shipfic in the same style for your other favorite couple Twilight Sparkle and Trixie Lulamoon.

  • ...
12
 14
 1,798

Pilot

Chapter 1

“WHAT THE HELL?!” Twilight screamed. Rarity had leant her a particularly interesting novel to read and asked that she be part way done by the time she got home. “Ya’ know what I’m done for a while. I can’t believe she called this literature.”

She set the book down and moved to the kitchen for some coffee. I can’t read any more of that dreck. I need to relax. Twilight thought to herself. Maybe I can just slip back into my bedroom for a while. No harm in a little ‘Dark Souls’ to distract myself for a moment.


If there was picture for the definition of paranoia it would be Twilight at this very moment. She’d been awake for maybe a total of twenty minutes. She quickly threw on a clean pair of panties and pants. She ran into the bathroom to grab a towel. She quickly threw the towel on the fair sized damp spot.

Ok so there was a lot of harm. How did I end up in this situation?!Where’s that goddamn magazine?! I know I set it down somewhere.
She spotted it but only just as Rarity opened the door. Her jaw dropped as she witnessed the scene placed before her eyes. A rather screwed up bed and a disheveled librarian. With her glasses askew Twilight looked up at the surprised mare in front of her “So would you believe me if I said I was dusting?”

“Darling, as much as I would love to believe that. You’re awful at lying and the only form of damage control appears to be that towe…” Rarity stopped speaking as she gasped and ran over to the towel. “This was a designer Royal Velvet towel. Are you kidding?! I just bought this yesterday and it’s already ruined.”

“It’s only sat there for a couple of minutes.” Twilight stated but it did her no good as Rarity’s eyes drifted over to the magazine set on the nightstand. It was open to a centerfold. The picture was of a mare, scantily clad as with all these magazines.

“I expected more class from you. That is why I gave you a novel. But you… gugh… this is disgusting. Where did you even get this?!” Rarity was outraged. “Class and sophistication is the only thing I ask of you.... Well that and paying half the rent. But seriously this is second time I’ve seen this… garbage-” She held up the magazine while saying this.”- And seriously magicians really. I thought… nevermind.”

“That book you gave was awful and definitely not my style. I stopped one-hundred pages in, to play a game about… well that’s too complicated to explain. Just know it’s a lot better than that ‘15 Shades of Purple’ mess. Besides can’t you just wash the towel?” Twilight deadpanned.

“I’m not touching that it’s soaked with you.” Rarity said, clearly disgusted by the prospect of washing Twilight out of the towel. “Although I do apologize for freaking out as I did. That magazine is still garbage but, you may very well do whatever you please. Now clean yourself up we’re going out to dinner and I’ve prepared tickets to a show later tonight.”

“But I’ve got studying to do for an exam. Do we have to go?” Twilight whined. Rarity began walking out the door but looked over her shoulder back at the librarian.

“Well I thought you liked magicians.” Rarity said as she left the room.

Twilight blushed and turned away. Her hand lit up up for a brief second as the magazine floated into the air and then vanished out of existence. “Well now that’s taken care of.” Twilight said as she patted her hands off on her jeans.

“Where did you send that?”

“Nothing much, just a pocket dimension where I store a multitude of things I don’t want seen. Oh and school supplies I keep those there too. That way I don’t have to carry any bags to university.” Twilight said with a shrug. The two proceeded to go their separate ways as to get prepared for their night out.


When Twilight and Rarity arrived, it came as quite a shock. Stretching all the way around the block for this magic show. At about midway through this titanic line, Twilight began to grumble.

“Why does this line for some no name magic show reach around the block?” She asked.

“Darling, you’d be interested too if you had the flyer that was boasting about how great and powerful she is. Besides this is new, up and coming. Her tricks apparently defy science,”

Twilight snorted, “Defy science? Nothing defies science, it just takes longer for us to understand it. Wanna know what defied science? Chaos Theory. Then we figured out why, that is what science does,”

“Oh well we’ll just have to wait a while.” Rarity let out a sigh.

“Not even that,” Twilight remarked.

About an hour later they finally arrived at the front of the line. The stallion manning the booth looked at them, clearly bored out of his mind. “Do you have your tickets ma’am?”

“Why of course.” Rarity reached into her purse and handed both tickets to the stallion in the ticketbooth.”Here they are.”

“Thank you ma’am. Here are your backstage passes.” he said,in monotone.

Once they entered the auditorium,Twilight looked down in shock at the VIP necklace that had been handed to her by her friend. “You got us backstage passes!” Twilight shrieked.

“I know how much you like to inquire upon how tricks are done, darling,” Rarity smiled at Twilight, “okay we should be A4 and A5.” She said pointing at a pair of front row seats.

They proceeded down the aisle to their seats. After they had sat down Twilight noticed that it wasn’t just her and Rarity. She looked to her side to see an earth pony mare holding Rarity’s hand. “You invited her?” Twilight sneered, looking from Applejack to Rarity

“Come on, darling, Applejack is only here because she already had tickets. I just so happened to have met up with her earlier today, just to find out what seat she acquired,”

“Okay. Just if you decide to brandish your relationship, do it somewhere else. I wanna see the show.” Twilight complained.
Rarity started to reply but was cut off by the opening of a curtain on stage. There was a massive fireworks display and a smoke bomb went off on stage. Illusionary magic. You typically don’t see anyone specialize in that. Twilight took a mental note.

A cyan mare appeared on stage. The smoke quickly cleared away to reveal that she was wearing a lavender pointed silk wizard hat covered in stars and a matching cape. Her gaudy golden boots practically blinded the audience once the spotlights hit them. She wore a flashy purple blouse and mini skirt. “THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRRRRRRRRRIXIE, will dazzle and amaze with feats of magic beyond comprehension.” She threw out another set of illusionary fireworks and with a flash was out in the audience. She stood and clapped for herself, the crowd turned to look at her. “Trixie was amazing do you not agree?” With that she was back on stage performing the usual acts and telling stories.


Twilight watched the rest of the show intently. She could swear she had seen that mare somewhere before but couldn’t exactly place her. Although it was somewhat difficult to pay attention when her roommate and company couldn’t keep their hands off of each other. She gently tapped Rarity’s shoulder “Show’s over now. Time for us to go backstage.”

“Go by yourself darling. Applejack and I will need the house to ourselves for a while.” Rarity said. The couple proceeded to walk out of the auditorium along with mostly everyone else. Twilight shrugged it off and went ahead to the backstage area.
To Twilight’s surprise the whole place was empty and sitting in the back on a stool crying was the showmare.

Author's Note:

Major major thanks to the one and only Bahatumay for inspiring me to and approving this story personally. Sorry to all those expecting a direct sequel that's not what this is but I will try my hardest to keep to the same style.
I hope this story does well and that you all enjoy it. As always comments and criticism are appreciated. Have fun.:twistnerd::pinkiehappy:
Bahatumay you are the real MVP.
One last note the idea of Twilight being a Dark Souls fan came from previous editor. You may remember her you may not.
Editor's Note:
Hey ya'll it's Torioz! Thank you all so much for reading this story, it means a whole lot to me and Erina. Special thanks to the author of the original for permitting Erina to write a sequel. Can't wait to be working on more stories in the future. You guys can find me anywhere under the name "torioz." So thank you all for reading and I hope you stay (: