• Published 19th May 2016
  • 1,799 Views, 14 Comments

Simple Tricks are for Fillies - Erina Tail Yellow



Approved by the author of Simple Melodies are for Fillies comes a shipfic in the same style for your other favorite couple Twilight Sparkle and Trixie Lulamoon.

  • ...
12
 14
 1,799

At Home

Chapter
2

A soft sobbing sound was coming from the far end of the room.Being careful not to make any noise, Twilight slowly edged her way towards the source. “Uhm… Excuse me I’m uh… here for the backstage access.” The only response she received was a snivel. She continued to move towards the source. “I really liked the show.”

“You’d be the only one.” The showmare replied. “No one stayed after, besides you.” Twilight saw a tissue engulfed in light pink magic float towards Trixie. “Trixie… appreciates your staying, but doesn’t know what to do no one has ever bothered before.”

“I wanted to say how interesting I think it is that you specialize in illusionary magic. I’ve seen someone do anything like that… with illusionary magic that is. “Twilight said calmly. “I actually don’t exactly know what to do either. Actually if you’re feeling upset i have a friend who could cheer you up.”

“Trixie actually wouldn’t mind that. Though… Why are you offering this?” Trixie stood up and moved over to Twilight slowly.

“Offering friendship is just what I do.” Twilight awkwardly held out a hand for a handshake. It was accepted if briefly.


They arrived at the storefront of Sugarcube Corner a little after eight. It appeared as though it had been closed up for a while. Twilight noted that it was particularly odd to see the shop closed so early. Pinkie usually keeps the place running till midnight. Huh maybe she got distracted and shut down early.

“Is this where your friend is? This place seems deserted… ahem… no pun intended.” She smiled a little at her own joke and Twilight chuckled.

Twilight noticed there was a note stuck to the front door:

Dear Friends,

I’ve gone to throw a party for a couple of old friends. I will be back sometime later. I honestly don’t know when I’ll be back.

Love,

Pinkamena Diane Pie

“I guess she’s not home. Sorry I dragged you all the way out here.” Twilight sighed. “Who’s house are we closer to, anyways?”

“I am unsure of where we are. If you wouldn’t mind… AH!” Trixie started screaming as a baby alligator landed on her hair and spastically bit her hair. Twilight pulled the alligator off her head on set him down.

Twilight leaned down and pet gummy. “So do you have any reason for jumping down here?” As if the alligator understood her he stuck out his tongue with a note attached.

“Another NOTE!” Trixie shouted.

Twilight’s eyes quickly flitted over the note. Her face elicited a small blush but it disappeared before Trixie could notice it. She threw the note into her pocket and looked around at nothing in particular.

“What did it say?” The showmare inquired. She lifted one eyebrow in a cheesy gesture.

“ Oh you know nothing important… heh heh… just ya’ know Pinkie being Pinkie.” Twilight replied nervously.

“Ummmmm… ok.”

“Well I guess we could just head back to my place. I have a couch you could sleep on.” Twilight offered kindly.

“I guess I could. I see no problem.” Trixie stated.


Twilight unlocked the door and gestured for Trixie to step in. It was dark inside, as was expected. Twilight her best to not make any noise as she couldn’t tell if her roommate plus one were asleep yet. “Is the couch O-” She was interrupted by her left foot being caught in something, in a failed attempt to dislodge her foot she somehow managed to get her right foot caught as well, despite her attempt to emulate her inner Kevin Bacon, she swiftly and painfully tumbled to the floor. She looked up at Trixie “Well I suppose that was a fair enough way to find that roommates are probably asleep.”

Trixie giggled “I guess they set a… booby trap.” She burst into giggles and fell on the floor. Twilight put out her hand in a gesture to help, but Trixie shook her head and picked herself up. “By the way I’m fine with the couch. It won’t bother me wherever I end up sleeping. And who here is a D-cup might I ask.”

“Applejack is here so that’s probably hers.” Twilight sneered.”By the way. I noticed you stopped talking in third-person a while ago.” Twilight noted.

“I have a stage persona much like any good performer. DJ-PON3 is like the best example. I met her off stage once and she’s a total introvert. Wouldn’t say a single thing.”

“I met her once she actually use to live here. Pinkie had her DJ at my brother’s wedding. She was great.” Twilight smiled as she remembered the event.

Trixie smiled “I guess I should get to sleep and so should you. We’ve been out late.” Twilight waved as she walked to her bedroom, careful this time to not trip over any discarded clothes. She opened the door and got ready for bed. I’ve never been this ready to lay down. As she lied down she picked up the note gummy had given her off of her table.


Twilight woke up the next morning to the smell of baked apples. If there was one benefit for Twilight to Applejack staying over was, homemade pastry treats for breakfast. This was one of the few times Rarity broke her strict diet.

Upon entering the living room she looked into the kitchen to see that Applejack was making fritters. Trixie was still asleep on the couch, so twilight took it upon herself wake her up. Twilight slowly reached out and shook Trixie’s shoulder gently “Trixie come on get up.” she whispered.

Trixie slowly turned over and opened one eye slightly. She made an indistinct grumbling noise and started to get up. “G-morning… I never got your name last night, actually.”

“My name’s Twilight. The one making breakfast is also the one who left her bra on the floor and made me trip.” she said passive-aggressively.

“So she’s part of the passionate couple that kept me up last night.”

Twilight started to blush but faked a cough and hid her face behind her hands. “Yeah, they’re who you heard.” She laughed nervously.

“So now that ah’ve been introduce...apparently. Who did you bring home last night?” Applejack waggled her eyebrows at the librarian.

Twilight was taken aback by the question and didn’t get the chance to answer before Rarity stepped out from her bedroom to defend her. “Aj dearest, don’t give her too much trouble. Although I’d like to know why the stage-magician from last night is now in our home.” As Aj removed a fritter from the pan Rarity leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“I’ll introduce myself. My name is Trixie Lulamoon. You all already know my job.” she gave a weak smile.

“Welp, nice ta meet ya’. Oh and breakfast is ready.” Applejack announced.

Author's Note:

Well, we meet again. I'm happy to say that this story is actually one of the most fun ones I've written in quite some time. So there are two references to the Simple Melodies here I hope you find them. One is easy, the other is a little more. Let's just say you'll have to think about it a little more. Maybe you caught maybe you didn't oh well. On a side note I'd like to thank my consultant Kristen (never thought I'd thank her again) for helping me think through some creative ideals. Thankyou all for sticking around and enjoying the story. As always leave comments letting me know of mistakes or just the fact that you enjoyed the story. Till we meet again, Erina.