• Published 30th Jul 2016
  • 215 Views, 1 Comments

My Sister - The Story of Optix - Fateful Pony



Optix sets out on a quest with her friends to find a lost sibling.

  • ...
 1
 215

The Conflict Addressed

Ugh… okay, don’t drink before going to bed.

Optix awoke within the early morning of sunday, June nineteen, twenty sixteen. The time was a earlier-than-usual six o’clock, and any subsequent minutes after her emerging from her slumber seemed to drag on, if only because of her throbbing headache. She usually never got headaches from her drink-sleep habits, but today seemed different.

Optix, rubbing the morning from her eyes, stood from her bedroll and glanced at the very same picture from last night. She then quickly scanned her room before landing on her plane that was still work-in-progress.

We’re flying there. Fuck the train.

She made her rounds about the hangar with a hobble due to her injuries on Dragon Isle, retrieving her equipments and eventually deciding to strap her haunches to a wheelchair.
Once she gathered her things, she made her way towards the door.

I need everypony’s help with this. Gather everyone at the palace then give ‘em the run-down.

With her objective set in place, she began her trek to the palace with her two moveable hooves.

-->><<--

The slight winds of Ponyville only marginally disturbed Optix’ long, luxurious golden mane. The wheels on her haunches squeaked as she kept a steady pace.

The town seemed unusually quiet today. Of course, there were days when the town wasn’t quite so active, and given that it was still early morning, it wouldn’t come as a surprise to most that everyone was asleep.

Usually that weird ass mailmare is movin’ around at this time though…

She came upon the hefty doors to the palace, and gave it a knock. When there was no answer, she knocked harder. The process continued until…

“W-who’s there?” A tired Twilight sounded from the other side of the door.

“It’s Optix, Snarkle. Open up.”

The door slowly creaked open, revealing a bag-eyed purple alicorn. “O-Optix…? What are you~ahhh… doing here so early?”

The military mare only seemed to be annoyed by the inquiry. “I got something I need your help with. Everyone’s help, actually.”

Twilight answered her with a drawn-out yawn. “Listen… I’m sure everyone doesn’t wake up as early as you you know. Let’s wait a couple of hours at least…”

“This is important. I’m sure you can risk a few hours of sleep over it.”

“That depends… what’s got you… all jumpy…?”

“My missing sister.”

Twilight seemed to become slightly more energized. “Your sister…?”

“Yup. Been missin’ for years.”

“I’m sorry…”

Optix trotted inside, unhooked herself from the wheelchair, and sat on a nearby sofa as Twilight shut the door. “Don’t be sorry. We’re gonna do something about it right now. I don’t care how long it takes.”

“But I don’t know where to start to help you.”

“You’ll find out soon. Get the others-- we’re gonna have a meeting.”

Sensing the tension in her voice as well as the severity of the situation, Twilight merely nodded and went out to gather her friends.

-->><<--

Everyone was gathered around the large table in the throne room. Derpibra, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were afloat in the air while everyone else sat in their respective thrones or any other seats within proximity.

“So, I’m guessing we got another sick adventure planned?” Derpibra smiled confidently.

“That may be subjective.” Rarity said. “By the looks of Twilight and Optix, this one won’t be as thrilling as the others.”

“Really?”

“Oh, what’s the matter Optix?” Fluttershy asked in her subtle, cute tone.

“My sister… my little ass sister, out there, Celestia knows what’s happening to her right now.”

Twilight looked at Optix sympathetically. “We understand how you feel Optix. We can-”

“To hell you understand!” Optix shouted. “She could be suffering! She could be dead! Have you lost anyone special to you!? Huh!?”

“I have.” A voice sounded from the far side of the room.

“Starlight?” Everypony said.

“I lost not one, but multiple ponies who actually meant something to me.” Starlight sat in a vacant throne. “I know I have you girls, and I’ve been reunited with Sun Burst, but all those ponies back at that small town, I left them all…”

“Starlight…” Twilight tried to form a response, but ultimately fell silent.

“I don’t even have a family, not anymore. I understand your situation from my own personal experiences, Optix.

Optix gave her an expression of belief. “Y-yeah, I guess. But being able to sympathize with me won’t get shit done. We need action, and none of you know where to even start.”

“I’m sure we can find out, right?” Derpibra asked.

“The only place to start is Trottingham. That’s where I grew up with my family. But… they were separated a long time ago. Ain’t nothing left in the house…”

“We can find something. I know we can. For your sister, we will-”

“Don’t even fucking start.”

“Huh?”

“That’s what friends always say. ‘We can do this’ and ‘We can do that’. Fuck outta here.”

“You think I’m lying?”

“No, it just feels… pointless. We’re aren’t gonna find anything anyways. Shouldn’t have even bothered you all about it, come to think of it.”

“Ya’ll jus’ gonna give up on yer sis’ like that?” Applejack asked. “That ain’t like you, to give up on somethin’.”

“When I put all the ideas together, it makes no sense.” Optix said. “We know nothing, and we can’t begin to know anything.”

“Hey,” Derpibra started. “I have the Blessing of Dragons, a dragon spell that makes things happen out of coincidence for me.”

“So?”

“So, that means if, what Magnus said was true, we can just-so-happen to run across a lead to your sister. And, we aren’t inexperienced ya’ know. We fought dragons, queens wanting to take over an empire, what can’t we handle? All you need to do is have a bit of faith in you and your friends.”

“You got a point, but why trust that dragon? Weren’t we supposed to kill him?”

“Yeah, but I feel that not everything he said was false. Tell you what, if this spell doesn’t work, I owe you a drink. Deal?”

“Imma need it to drink down whatever shitty emotions I get if it doesn’t. Deal.”

The stallion and mare shook hooves.

“Cool. So are we taking the train?”

“No, we’re flying there.”

“But we don’t have tickets.”

“Don’t need ‘em. I got a small cargo plane under construction right now. I could have it ready in a few hours with some help. Twilight, Rarity, come with me. Rest of you, buzz off until we’re ready.”

“Uh… sure.”