• Published 30th Jul 2016
  • 215 Views, 1 Comments

My Sister - The Story of Optix - Fateful Pony



Optix sets out on a quest with her friends to find a lost sibling.

  • ...
 1
 215

A Memory

“That’s some good whiskey.”

The light of mid night shone upon the rusted mess of the junkyard located just west of Ponyville. Underneath the entire junkyard was a hangar, and around the actual premises was several structures, ranging from workshops, shacks, and tracks to test vehicles and weapons. Just on the outside of the fence lining the perimeter was a sign that had a name upon it’s face: “Optix.”

Just on the shooting range, Optix had an assortment of prototype weapons she crafted from rusted metal and garbage lined on a rotted table. In her hoof was Torttingham’s Special Whiskey-- the special stuff, as she would refer to it as.

She took a large swig of the rough beverage from its rectangular bottle. Once the brown liquid disappeared, she twisted the cap back on and placed the bottle on the head of a dummy. In her blurred shaky vision, she retrieved her Colt 57 pistol from her holster, and aimed with a trembling hoof. Once she was sure she just might actually hit the target, she took the shot, and with luck, she shattered the glass.

“Heh, still a good shot even when piss drunk.”

She unloaded her pistol and placed it in the holster. After taking a look at the ex-target with a proud smirk, then turned to walk to her shack at the base of the yard. Once she came upon the rotted door, she opened the door and went inside.

The shack was a sort of bathroom, but it was perhaps the cleanest area of her property. There was a shattered mirror just above the sink. She stared into her reflection through the cracks and sighed. “Where did she go…?” After a minute of staring, she went to go relieve herself, and made her way to her hangar, where a small cargo plane still under development was held. Her living quarters was located inside, featuring a bedroll and some basic bedroom furniture.

Upon her dresser was a burned photo of her and another filly that had remarkably similar colors holding Optix in a loving hug. She placed the photo back on its rightful place, and allowed a small frown to express itself. “I’ll find you. I promise.”

Optix took off her outfit and equipment, leaving her naked form behind. She slid into the bedroll and clicked a remote to shut off the industrial lights mounted to the ceiling, then drifted to sleep. In her final thoughts, the same filly came to her mind.

I’ll find you... sister.