• Published 30th Jul 2016
  • 215 Views, 1 Comments

My Sister - The Story of Optix - Fateful Pony



Optix sets out on a quest with her friends to find a lost sibling.

  • ...
 1
 215

To Trottingham!

The plane’s engine roared, the propellers spun to a blur, and the potentially unreliable scrap metal rattled. The exhaust was spewing black smoke not unlike that of a train.

Everyone within the cargo plane coughed and sputtered before the smoke began to clear up.

“Heh.” Optix chuckled. “I wonder if planes get smog checks, ‘cause this thing could use one hell of a check up. Is everyone strapped in?”

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash answered. “But, why am I in the plane? Can’t I just fly there? I’m sure I’m faster than this thing.”

“If you wanna fly all those hours, be my guest Skittle.”

“Skittle?”

Optix tied her cracked goggles around her eyes and hit the throttle. The plane stuttered at first, but eventually began to lift off. “Hahahaha! Its alive! Its alive!! And you said it wouldn’t work!”

Twilight smirked, rolling her eyes.

The contraption rattled and sputtered in the air as it flew. In its wake was a scratchy melody from the engine’s operation.

“Its loud, but it works!”

“Optix,” Fluttershy called above the winds. “The plane is scaring me…”

“What? Speak up Flutter!”

“I said the plane is scaring me.”

“Huh!?”

“Nevermind.”

“Hey!” Twilight shouted. “Optix, what is this thing running on!? I don’t remember you putting fuel in this plane!”

“It runs off of my magic! Don’t worry, if worse comes to worst, you can power it, or maybe even Derpibra can!”

“Nice to know!”

“So we’re headed off to Trottingham right!?” Derpibra called.

“Yup! Need me to explain what we’re doing again!?”

“No, just a recap on where we’re headed, that’s all!” He poked his head out of the cockpit and his tongue began flailing about. “Woohoo!”

“Hey, get your head straight! You know how dangerous that is?”

“Danger’s my middle name!” He replied happily.

“Hey, that’s my line!” Rainbow shouted.

“Too bad, had to steal it that time!”

Well, at least the ride won’t be boring. Optix thought. Probably irritating if these bastards don’t keep quiet though.

-->><<--

The time was approaching afternoon now, and the silent city, at least when compared to Los Pegasus and Manehattan, was within sight.

Not too far now. Don’t worry sis, we’re coming.

“Oi, is that the town up ahead?” Gaffold asked.

“Yup.” Optix answered.

“Wait,” Twilight started. “Does Trottingham have runways?”

“Nope.”

The plane began to lower as the pilot went for a landing just on the outskirts of town.

“Optix! I don’t think this is legal!” Twilight’s mane flailed about as her pupils dilated.

“Hang on tight! Apparently this thing ain’t so good at landing!”

Surprisingly enough, the plane came to a (relatively) smooth landing, suffering only a few bumps and occasional scratching of the wings, but otherwise unharmed in any substantial way. The plane eventually became to rattle and sputter to a stop, and the propellers slowed from their afterimage speed to a complete halt, silencing the engine.

“Everyone still got their heads on?” Rainbow Dash asked.

The passengers all nodded and agreed in a daze. They all exited the cargo plane and marvelled at Trottingham that was just ahead of them.

Optix turned over to Twilight. “So, was that a successful flight or what?” She asked with a confident smile.

“I have to say- your ability to make piles of garbage fly is astounding, putting it lightly.”

“Thank you.” Optix feigned a blush. “Alright, now we just gotta start lookin’ for my ol’ sis. Where to start…?”

Derpibra raised his hoof. “I got an idea!”

“Alright, what’cha got?”

“I play RPG games a ton, and from what I can tell, we should head towards a tavern and ask about stuff from around town. That always worked out in Skyrim.”

“Derpi, I’m pretty sure we don’t use taverns anymore.” Twilight said.

“Then let’s try a bar. It’s the closest thing to a tavern we got.” Optix said.

“We’re going to ask drunk hooligans for precise information?” Rarity scoffed. “I’m sorry darling, but I doubt we will have any progress with that- they will hardly be sober enough to tell us their names. Trottingham is known to have some heavy drinkers…”

“Well, at least we got a place to start. I know about some shady bar of too the west of town. Called ‘Trotty’s Beer Keg’. Fools always gossiping over there.”

“Alright. And Optix, before we go…”

“Huh?”

“You sure no pony will think some random cargo plane sitting on the edge of town is suspicious?”

Maybe those damned agents will. Ain’t no better place to put it. “It’s a normal thing. Let’s just stick to alleyways and stay off the roads. Never know who could be watching.”

“Good idea. Welp, to Trotty’s we go.”

Everyone marched off to the west of town, ready to begin their search.