• Published 7th May 2016
  • 4,660 Views, 1,953 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: The Starlight of Solana - Blackdrag-rose



Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer grow up alongside Ratchet on Veldin, where they begin an epic journey to save the galaxy.

  • ...
28
 1,953
 4,660

PreviousChapters Next
Tools: Reepor

This time when Starlight and the others used the Hyperion to get from one place to another they were running around like bees, busy gathering armor, preparing their weapons, and making sure that everything was ready for when they arrived at the Ublik Passage. Angela had opened a line of communication back to the Solana Galaxy, to Sasha no less, and was informing the Jedi Council of what was going to transpire in the near future. She also told them about the horrors that would be unleashed if someone evil got their hands on the Dimensionator, to which the Council promised to have some additional starships meet them at the destination she requested. Qwark, being one of the most celebrated Heroes in his association, was also calling for backup, though he made sure that anyone that answered the call knew exactly what they were getting themselves into this time around.

At the same time Starlight opened a third line of communication of she could talk with Rusty Pete, who at first seemed surprised to even hear from her, but then settled down once he realized what must have happened.

"Did Captain Slag die honorably in battle?" Rusty Pete asked, just to be absolutely sure that he wasn't being played by the intelligent unicorn that was on the other side of the screen.

"He took out as many enemies that Tachyon could throw at him and lasted long enough to tell us what happened," Starlight replied, knowing that they were wasting time and needed to be prepared for what was coming their way, "Rusty Pete, you have to listen to me; Emperor Tachyon is coming towards the Ublik Passage with the purpose to obtain the Dimensionator. From what Red has been able to gather, without revealing his sources, Tachyon is moving at least half of his available forces towards your base and he intends to slaughter all of you so he can get what he wants. Are you going to let your former captain die in vain?"

"No Captain Starlight," Rusty Pete stated, saluting her in a pirate fashion for a moment, a mug of grog in one hand and a sword in another, "I'll round up all of our available forces and prepare for your arrival."

As the communication dropped Starlight had to wonder why the pirate had suddenly declared that she was the captain, but then she remembered that she was still wearing Slag's old hat. She recalled that he had said something about taking his crew and stopping Tachyon, though at this point she had to assume that he had passed on his leadership to her by passing on his hat. As she stared at the hat she had to wonder what would be happening to them all if Sunset was still around, though she shook her head as she tossed that thought away. None of them would be running around like they were, as they would have simply arrived at their destination and Sunset would have obliterated all of their enemies in an instant.

Right now it was almost like Sunset was trying to test her, Ratchet, Clank, and Angela by removing herself from the equation, so they wouldn't have to rely on her powers all the time... but in the end she let out a sigh as she returned to what she had been doing before hand.

"Rusty Pete is gathering all of the pirates that are still left under the banner of Captain Slag," Starlight stated, causing the others to look up from what they were doing, "which means that we should have enough people to hold the line until Sasha and the others arrive."

"You know, when we founded the Jedi Order we said that we would prepare for anything," Angela said, letting out a sigh as she spoke, while at the same time staring at the lightsabers that were resting on the table, "but now, on what is essentially the eve of battle, I cannot help but think that none of us saw using the Order to fight a war against someone like Tachyon."

"I don't think any of us saw this coming," Ace commented, opening a small window on the table's computer to show Sunset for a few seconds, dressed up in her godly attire, "We had a God of Destruction backing the Solana and Bogon Galaxies for a few years, which was more than enough time to make us grow a little soft... and now she's gone, leaving us to fight this war on our own."

"Relax guys, we've got this under control," Ratchet said, though even as he said those words the others noticed that he wasn't smiling at all, "I mean, we've saved the various galaxies multiple times already, so we can do the same thing again. Its not like we're fighting some sort of god-like creature this time."

Starlight let out a sigh as they went over all of the resources that they had at their disposal, silently hoping that her brother's words didn't effect what was about to happen to them.


When the Hyperion arrived at the pirate base in the Ublik Passage, and came to a stop, they were greeted by a swarm of ships, ranging from the size of Aphelion to the size of one of Tachyon's personal carriers. According to the chatter over the communication line the pirates were as prepared as they could be, with the promise that Slag's remaining lieutenants were on their way. To be on the safe side Starlight opened a private line to Rusty Pete, to which she discovered that he had already hidden the weapon away on a nearby planet, one that didn't have any life at all. She knew that it had to be Planet Reepor, as it was the closest planet on the starchart, but at the moment only the two of them knew where the Dimensionator was located... which she would recover once they were done with Tachyon's forces.

Barely ten minutes passed before ships started exiting the warp space, though when the first one appeared Starlight immediately recognized Tachyon's designs and symbols... to which she did the one thing that the pirates were waiting for; she signaled the charge.

The pirates flew out from their positions and targeted any of Tachyon's ships, where at least five of them would latch onto one of the larger ones and deploy ground troops to take down whoever was firing at their comrades. As that happened Ratchet and Clank climbed into Aphelion and took to the skies, where they provided support to the pirates that needed assistance, while Angela, Ace, and Qwark did the same thing from their own ships. Starlight remained aboard the Hyperion, with the four AI that she and the others had built so long ago, though instead of being idle she engaged the newest features of the ship, the fully installed and prepared weapons system, and opened fire on whoever was unlucky enough to get close to her.

After a few minutes of the battle raging between the two forces the space behind Tachyon's army rippled, to which more of his fleet entered the battleground and opened fire on the pirates. Ironically that was shortly followed by the remainder of Slag's lieutenants emerging from the warp space, reporting for duty over the communication lines, and then opening fire on the nearest ship that belonged to Tachyon. Unfortunately it seemed that Tachyon's reinforcements were exactly what he needed, because he slowly started to gain the upper hand as his forces blew more of the pirates out of the air, discarding their burning ships as they burnt up in the atmosphere of the planet that rested below the once hidden base.

"Ah, look at the puny unicorn and her failing army," Tachyon said over the communicator, though his tone indicated that he believed that he could win this battle and take the Dimensionator, "Oh, if only you had bothered to stay away from this galaxy... because instead of saving anyone you have handed me the weapon that will bring about the destruction of everything you hold dear."

Even as Tachyon said that the space near the right side of his fleet rippled, to which the Starship Phoenix emerged from the warp space and opened fire on Tachyon's forces...though that was followed by more ships appearing behind it and lending their aid to the war effort.

"Don't you dare think that we're just going to stand back and let you take what you want," Starlight fired back, watching one of Tachyon's ships explode as the pirates moved away from it, allowing the wreckage to fall down to the planet below, "You attacked the Solana Galaxy, so now you must pay the price for your actions."

"Oh? What was that?" Tachyon replied, as if he was taunting her and the others at the moment, "You wish to surrender to the might of the Emperor of the Universe and submit yourself to whatever punishment I have in store for you?"

Starlight opened her mouth to say something, mostly to call their opponent insane for thinking that he had the upper hand, but stopped herself as something came to mind. It almost sounded like Tachyon had recorded something and had set it to play while they were fighting, no doubt designed to go off when his reinforcement arrived, but she signaled for one of the AI to study what had been said before she jumped to conclusions. A few seconds later she discovered that Tachyon had recorded some lines of dialogue, though that was swiftly followed by another AI pulling up a video that showed a smaller ship, the same one she and Ratchet had taken from Metropolis, heading down to Reepor's surface.

She couldn't believe that Tachyon would sacrifice so many people, be they his own subjects or the pirates, in order to stall them so he could obtain the Dimensionator... so that when this fake 'war' was done it would be too late to stop him.

"Ratchet, Angela, get back to the Hyperion," Starlight called out over the communicator, feeling sweat fall down the side of her face for the first time in ages, not since the awakening of Searing that had nearly consumed Yeedil, "We've been had... Tachyon's on the planet's surface, searching for the Dimensionator. Rusty Pete, send us the coordinates for the weapon and make sure that none of Tachyon's forces follow us down there."

It didn't take Ratchet and Angela long to return to the Hyperion, or for them to breach the planet's atmosphere, but none of them were pleased with this turn of events. While Starlight was mad over how low of a tactic that had been, sacrificing so many lives like they were mere pawns, she also couldn't help but marvel at how well their opponent's strategy had worked. All of them had been under the assumption that Tachyon would have attacked them until he broke through their defenses before collecting his prize, but the diversion of a war definitely helped him out in the long run. After a few minutes they came to the area that Rusty Pete had hidden the Dimensionator in, which happened to be a heavily fortified station, no doubt built by the Cragmites so long ago... and Tachyon's ship happened to be in the middle of it all, though it seemed to have been shot down by something.

They carefully landed on the top of the rock wall that overlooked the area and had Starlight carefully carry the three of them down to the station... where they discovered that the entire place was wrecked. The cannons that would have normally fired at them had large cuts in several major components, rendering them unusable, while the buildings that would have controlled said cannons were pretty much destroyed, if the sinister blue flames were anything to go by. There was even a few posts that were supposed to serve as a barrier, keeping the inner section of the station safe, which meant that Rusty Pete must have placed the weapon in the safest place in the entire station.

As they walked forward they noticed that there were fresh bodies scattered everywhere, though the fish minions of Tachyon were wearing expressions of pure fear and terror on their faces, leading the group to wonder what had happened here.

"C... could this be the work of the Witch-Queen of Reepor?" Angela asked, though despite the number of enemies she had taken out while fighting along side Ratchet and Starlight, she had never seen this level of fear and terror before.

"Let's hope not," Ratchet said, though at the same time they approached a ruined elevator that would take them into the center of the station, where Starlight levitated them to the top of the platform and let them continue walking forward, "after fighting Ysmir, and showing how outclassed we were until Starlight unleashed her power, I'd rather not fight someone like her again... if I can help it that is."

They passed by another section of the station that had one been protected by a force field of some kind, though the barrier had been destroyed at some point, allowing the group to walk onto a functioning elevator platform that took them higher into the station. Once the elevator stopped moving they carefully walked through the tunnel they found themselves in and approached what had to be the location where Rusty Pete had placed the Dimensionator... though what they found was a quartet of dark crystals that were pulsing with some sort of energy. Weirdly enough the two closest crystals were the lowest ones, as they rose to the same height as Ratchet, though at the same time the other two crystals were as large as Tachyon's walker... which was currently impaled in the nearby rock wall by a series of crystal spikes.

Floating in the middle of the platform, with sinister purple chains wrapped around his arms and legs, was Emperor Tachyon himself... though the group took one look at him and noticed that something had been torturing him while the war had been going on.

"So, the last of the Lombaxes have arrived," Tachyon stated, letting out a moan as the chains pulled on him, as if the punishment was to be stretched apart until he was literally torn apart, "Quickly... before she returns... take the Dimensionator and flee!"

Starlight spotted the weapon in question, which was indeed a hat like the video had claimed it had been, resting behind where Tachyon was being held, though resting next to it was Tachyon's scepter and the Core that he had bought from Otto Destruct four years ago... though it appeared to be giving off a red glow the entire time. She wrapped her magic around the two items and slowly brought them over to where she and the others were standing, just in case fast movements triggered some sort of trap. She levitated the fifth Raritanium Core towards them, though once it had reached where Tachyon was being held, and was no longer near the Dimensionator, Starlight suddenly found the wraith from Ace's report floating between them and Tachyon.

She started to sweat as she realized that the creature had suddenly appeared in an instant, though she and the others reached for their weapons automatically... where they all froze the moment the creature screeched at them.

"This is mine now," a eerie voice said, which had to be coming from the wraith, where Starlight noticed that each word was stretched a little while the creature spoke, though as the words left the creature's none existent mouth it grabbed the Dimensionator with one of its hands and put it inside its robe.

"That weapon... does... not... belong to... you!" Tachyon declared, apparently trying to fight whatever was happening to him, to which the wraith turned towards him for a moment.

"You have served me well, my unknowing puppet," the wraith stated, drawing what appeared to be a sword from the other side of its robe, one that happened to have a blade that was appeared to be somewhat charred, "Now for your reward."

That was followed by the wraith piercing Tachyon's chest with its weapon, no doubt going all the way through based on the fact that Tachyon's body was smaller than someone like Ratchet or Angela. Tachyon screamed as the blade pierced his body, almost sounding as if he was being tortured by something, though a few seconds later the wraith pulled its blade back and sheathed it inside its robe. It was then that Ratchet and the others found that the area that the wraith had pierced was surrounded by some sort of dead skin, though as they watched they could tell that it was slowly spreading and causing pain to Tachyon at the same time.

The wraith turned to look at the group for a moment before it disappeared completely, releasing them from whatever spell it had put them under and allowed them to move once more.

"Well, this is bad," Angela said, glaring at Tachyon for a moment, though she made no move to attack him or anything, "I'm not sure which is worse; the fact that the Witch-Queen of Reepor is real, the fact that she can paralyze us with a single screech, or the fact that she has the Dimensionator."

"Lombaxes..." Tachyon called out, just as the deathly wound continued to spread across his body, bringing him closer to death with each passing moment, "she's... heading to... Fastoon..."

"Right," Starlight said, snatching the fifth Raritanium Core with her magic as she and the others left the area, though at the same time she contacted the Hyperion and passed on the news to the rest of their allies.

They needed to figure out how to stop the Witch-Queen before she activated the Dimensionator and summoned whatever dark creatures she was after, or destroyed the universe by merely activating the weapon. Red informed them that he had some special allies that would be meeting them on the planet's surface, though the news did nothing to improve Starlight's mood. They had gone through all of this effort, all in order to get their hands on the dimensional weapon and keep it from Tachyon, but it had been stolen before they could have touched it. Before they got too far Ratchet turned around and walked back up to the tied up emperor, to which Angela and Starlight heard a single shot ring out... though a few seconds later Ratchet returned to them with a frown on his face.

Starlight knew Ratchet had decided to put Tachyon out of his misery, something she was sure that the emperor didn't deserve after everything he had done, but she shook her head and focused on what they needed to do... finding the Witch-Queen, figuring out how to overcome her fear inducing power, and then stop her before she ended up destroying the entire universe.

PreviousChapters Next