• Published 20th May 2016
  • 1,176 Views, 23 Comments

Batmare Meets Supermare - Mister Phoenix



Equestria is home to many ponies, griffons, donkeys and many more. But there two ponies that stick out more, Supermare from Canterlot and Batmare from Manehattan. With two different ideals how can they ever work together?

  • ...
9
 23
 1,176

Mare of Steel

The grand city of Canterlot stood home to many ponies, the place was peaceful and calm.

BOOM!

Well most of the time. A huge gray pony barreled through the city. Wearing a beat-up suit and tie and having platinum colored hair some might think he was just a business man down on his luck but, his solid gray completion and rotting smell meant he could be only one monster. Solomon Grundy.

Supermare was flying over Canterlot. Having a bit of time to relax and looking down at the city. Making sure that nothing was happening.

To her dismay she heard a familiar roar and looked down. Grundy was destroying the city. He had a strange vat of green liquid strapped to his back as he galloped through the city knocking everything down his path.

Suddenly, he picked up a car. “Out of my way!” he yelled as he hurled it at a crowd of people.

Supermare stopped, her green eyes widened and she sped toward the vehicle. Seconds before it hit the crowd she caught it.

“SUPERMARE!” They all yelled in unison.

“We never saw that coming!”

“We would’ve been goners without you”

“Woo!”

"Thanks but, get to a safe place. Ah, don’ think y’all can enjoy not being flattened if ya dead anyway." Supermare sat down the car and turned to Grundy. She looked behind her and was glad to see the civilian all running away.

“Hey!”

Her head snapped back forward and saw Grundy in his usual stance, hunched.

“Still dead huh?” Applejack remarked Her quip was meant with a smirk.

“Grundy smash!” Grundy yelled out jumping high in the air. Supermare shook her head and flew slightly to the left. When he reached her Grundy was immediately met with a sucker punch from his right.

Grundy was on the ground. About a mile away from where he would’ve been if he actually got the drop onto Supermare. With her cape billowing behind her she sped toward her adversary.

A dazed Grundy slowly got up from the concrete He turned around to see where Supermare was now but, he was immediately caught off guard by a barrage of punches. Staggering back from the frontal attack. No mercy was given as this was followed up with an uppercut. Sending him flying into the air, from this position he saw a blur of orange, red, and blue speeding towards him.

In desperation he punched where he thought Supermare was going to be and he finally hit her.

“He looked down seeing that Supermare was rubbing her cheek.

“Not bad Grundy. Not bad. But, try this on for size” she turned around so, that her back legs were facing him and in instant he was bucked out of the city.

If only Grundy could fly[i/]” He thought to himself

He looked down at the sandy ground now below him. She had punched him much farther than she usually did. He hit the ground with a thud and got up.

“Supermare ruin everything. Supermare always get in Grundy’s way. Now she will pay!” Grundy cried out, letting a roar out. He looked at his adversary.Coming to him faster than any mortal could hope.

Supermare charged into him once again but, she was met with another punch to the face. She was sent backward and rolled across the the desert and the

“Sorry ‘bout that Grundy. But ah do have places to be” Supermare said.

The beloved hero picked up the knocked out zombie. Carrying him to get place back into his special little prison cell.

After that small flight she flew into a small dark alley way. Shut off by a brick wall no pony can get in or out. She took off her costume and place her brown stetson hat back on, with a pair of glasses.

Right now, she is Applejack, she jumped over the wall after seeing that no pony is looking with the help of her x-ray vision.

Applejack then let out a sigh and enter the place she fears the most. The Daily Planet, she walks where the most out of place. A teenage dragon walking on his feet, purple and green scaled.

“It’s about time you show up! I been distracting the boss as long as I can. Did you get anything?” The dragon question

“A story on Supermare,” Applejack said causing Spike to moan.

“An’ ah’ll repay ya!”

“Applejack. I’m your friend, but first we can’t do every story about Supermare. There’s other life as well, second dinner would be nice” Spike said, causing Applejack to roll her eyes.

“Sorry lover boy. Can’ do that” Applejack said with a smirk.

Spike let out a small sign, “You can’t blame a guy for trying” Spike said, causing Applejack to let out a small laugh.

The stallion behind the counter eyes follow the two, his blue eyes flash green for a second before turning back to blue. Greeting the next pony who enter the building.

Applejack and Spike walked through the halls of The Daily Planet. Passing ponies looking around like a fire was about to happen.

“So on a scale to one to ten. How annoyed is he?” Applejack question, causing Spike to look at her for a quick second and then back to the floor.

“Well… It’s not ten” Spike said, causing Applejack to sigh in relief.

“Oh any number under it” Spike added, causing Applejack to give him a glare.

Spike gave the mare an sheepish smile, Applejack rolled her eyes the annoyed look with Spike giving her his best eyebrow raised look causing to let a laugh out. Shaking her head, Applejack smiled, she looked to her side to see the eyes of her fellow workers watching her closely.

She gave a suspected look, confused about why some of them acted out of character. It seems like they was somepony else.

Applejack turn back to Spike, when the ponies in the background nodded at each other, a brown pegasus stood up along with many unicorn, Earth ponies and Pegasi soon changing grabbing the attraction of everypony in the room.

“Changelings” Applejack whispered, under her breath.

The leader, a little taller than the other’s with his greasy black mane, with holes through his legs.

Aquamarine; Applejack knew he is Queen Chrysalis right hand man. In control of The Changelings when she wasn’t around.

“We heard that Supermare like this place. So, you all are our hosted until Supermare shows up.” Aquamarine said, The Changelings knocking the normal ponies to the ground.

Applejack tighten her teeth, unable to do anything, if she leaves then something might happen. Plus The Changeling would notice her.

The lights started to flicker, Aquamarine looked up and around seeing them out of control.

A Changeling scream out, getting pulled up and drop on the ground. Knocked out cold, Aquamarine looked over at his fallen brother pulling out his gun.

“Show yourself now! Or I’ll start killing Ponies!” Aquamarine cried out, a small object hit his hoof causing the gun to drop.

Aquamarine looked at the small metal object shape like a bat. The lights flicked off, the sounds of something getting beaten up came from the shadows.

The light turn back on, The Changelings all knocked out besides Aquamarine. His eyes widen, before looking around.

“Where are you? Show yourself!” He cried out, “Where are you?”

“Here” A dark scratchy voice said.

Aquamarine looked to see, a large black pony mix with a bat with a long cape, a pair of blue wings were able to been seen even if the dark cape blocked them from time to time.

The Batmare kicked Aquamarine with her back legs. The ponies whisper to each other, in wonder, in confusion, or in fear. Maybe a mix of all three, who knows.

Applejack looked at the Batmare, her eyebrow raised. She felt like she meet this mysterious Bat likes pony before.

Is this the mare that two faced pony wondered ‘bout? Applejack thought.

Batmare threw a small ball on the ground, covering the room in smoke that no pony can see through. No pony, besides Applejack whom saw the cape wearing pegasus use a grappling hook to escape the building.

She notice that the smoke still stayed, the country mare slip out of the room.

When alone in a closet that ponies forgot that it was there and no camera’s. Applejack looked at the locked box hiding in the shadows.

With no time to lose, Applejack now changed into Supermare flew out of the Daily Planet, flying faster than a speeding bullet, flying through the open blue skies.

Supermare flew through the bright blue sky, she need a place to think. Someplace safe and far away from any trouble, her green eyes looked down onto the town below and smiled. Seeing a small farm just a few seconds away.


“This is unfair! I have all the powers my cousin has!” A small yellow coat filly cried out.

The small filly just got her cutie mark, she still qutie young in teams of Equestria. The filly Equestria name; Apple Bloom watched a big strong Earth pony with a red coat, buck apples.

“You know I was meant to watch over her”

“Eeyep” Big Mac said, kicking the apples out of the tree.

“I should be helping her” Apple Bloom said

“Nope”
“Nope for helping her, or is it because I’m still a filly?” Apple Bloom question

“Eeyep”

“What do you mean!?” She cried out, causing a small laugh to fill the fields.

Applejack wearing her normal hat and glasses walked next to them with a smile.

“How have you been Big Mac?” Applejack asked

“Eeyep”

“That good” Applejack with a raised eyebrow.

“Wait, how did you do that? Tell me how?!” Apple Bloom question getting closer to Applejack.

The sound of an helicopter fill the farm, two old mares came out from the farm house. The helicopter landed with two ponies stepping out of it, a mare with a rainbow mane and cyan blue coat and a stallion with his mane mostly white with a brown coat.

“I can fly, you do know that?” Rainbow question, looking at Neat Stables.

“Yes. I do believe you said that. Remember I can’t” Stables said.

Rainbow and Stables walked through the farm, Rainbow’s eyes locked on Applejack when she past her.

“You look familiar” Rainbow said, stopping in front of her.

Neat looked at Rainbow and shook his head, “Of course she does. You come here one day a year. Come on Miss Dash, hurry up”

Rainbow raised her eyebrow before catching up with Stables who stop in front of the two old mares the one on the right have red mane that is fading of colour with an orange coat, while the other one have a green coat and white mane and apple pie for her cutie mark.

“I’m terrible sorry for just coming here with no warning. Miss Dash really wanted to come here” Stables said, Rainbow moved to look at the two mares.

“Well I was wondering how your Apple Cider is going. I haven’t gotten any news from here in a while and well you sell the best. We’re meant to be partners” Rainbow said, the two old mares looked at each other.

“Well, every good thing takes time. Ya need to remember that, don’ worry ya get your cider” Applejack said, walking next to the cyan pegasus.

“Good, I was just wondering. I don’t want to start a fight with anypony” Rainbow said, before turning to Stables.

“Let’s go, we need to get back to Manehattan before dark” Rainbow said.

“Ah hope that we can have a better talk next time Miss Dash” Applejack said, causing Rainbow to look at her.

“Yeah, let’s use that word ‘hope’” Rainbow said, before her and Neat Stables took their leave.

Applejack looked at the helicopter taking flight again, the country mare looked to see Rainbow looking down on the farm through the window, mostly at her.

“Ah don’ trust that mare”


A light pink coat with a dark purple mane with blue streaks, she sat on her large chair holding a newspaper with her blue magic. Looking over the report at has happen, she just shook her head lightly giving off a small sigh before putting the paper on the table next to her.

"Why did I think that walking corpse was good for the job?" She question rubbing her head.

The mare made her way over to the book shelve looking over the many books, before her eyes stopped on one, grabbing it with her magic. With a small smile, looking over the old looking spell book.

"I guess I'll just have to do it myself."

Author's Note:

Well, Superman is quite hard to write. No wonder why over half of his movie are terrible. We did try are best with Supermare having almost every power. Supermare in this story doesn't have all her powers just lazer eye, x-ray. fly, super strength, speed. She not as fast as Flash in this world.

Well yeah, this was hard to write. You can tell because the chapter just ends, no reason just ends going to the last chapter. I might edit this a bit later, but you guys have been waiting long enough for this chapter so here it is. Enjoy.