• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 1,487 Views, 38 Comments

Fluttershy's Dark Past - DreamAttacker



Fluttershy having a dark and dangerous past no one knows about.

  • ...
5
 38
 1,487

Telling

Being in her bed when the sun cast its normal good morning rays across her peaceful face always made Twilight feel happy and content. She yawned and stretched in her bed and flopped out of bed slowly taking in her surroundings. She got herself ready; brushing her mane, teeth and tail before making sure Spike had some gems for breakfast. Then she grabbed a mouthful of oats and trotted up the hill to Fluttershy’s house.

Everything seemed perfectly fine. Nothing was out of place and the animals were happily socialising with each other. Twilight smiled to Angel who seemed to glare at her. Well she was glaring at Twilight until she fed her. Then instantly she warmed to her again but still kept her distance and a close eye on everything she did. Doing the chores was normal business for any pony: wake up, clean, feed a pet –it they had one- etc. but for Fluttershy it seemed that her work was that times 3. Due to the large amount of animals and pets she cared for there was an endless feeding time followed by pet houses needing to be cleaned out. Twilight would have forgotten about off of it if she didn’t see Fluttershy’s safety sticky notes everywhere and
Angel constantly poking her to remind her of everything.

Finally when she was done she realised she only had 5 minutes until she met her friends. So with one spur of the moment gallop she got home in no time.

“Owlowiscious” Twilight called out, her bird companion flew down to her and softly perched on her back. Twilight smiled and looked in the mirror one more time, her hair was slightly messy so using her magic she picked a brush up and neatened it. Finished with her work she smiled before trotting to meet her friends in the park.

~~~~

“Ah, ’s good ta see you made it Twilight, Hun” AppleJack said as Twilight appeared on the top of the hill. Twilight smiled to them before trotting down to them and letting her owl fly. All of the ponies took a seat on the picnic table AppleJack had brought and the normal casual chatter went through the air.

“Guys would it be ok if I tell you something” Twilight says getting onto her legs and seriously looking at them. Pinkie grins to her before nodding like crazy.

“But before I do, promise me you won’t tell any other living thing alive??” this got their attention but they nodded/shrugged before all doing the Pinkie promise. Satisfied with their response Twilight started to tell them everything that had started to spark her interest in Fluttershy in the first place. To the other ponies it was almost like a story and when Twilight had actually finished to the point of her meeting them here they actually laughed at her.

“I'm sorry dear, but for me to believe that I would need evidence” Rarity said wiping stray tears away with her pale hoof. Twilight huffed before walking away. Her friends watched her, when Twilight got to the top of the hill she looked down at the rest of them.

“Coming??” Twilight asked as all of their brows furrowed before RainbowDash shrugged and announced that there was nothing better to do. So all of them got up and trotted after her before they all went to her library to go and see what all of the fuss about Fluttershy was about.

~~~~

“Ok, I haven’t read this file before, it’s the first one so I’ll be as shocked as you when I read it” Twilight says picking it up with her magic and letting it hover in front of her while she reads.


Subject 5142, Age -11, Date – 1st December
A new specimen came in today, she’s nine and kinda of creepy. Director is talking to her right now but I doubt he’ll get anything out of Poison Rose; she seemed pretty content to keep to herself.
~
Director had just talked to me, he was pretty annoyed and handed me a red bloody bag I opened it and saw two eyes. Here’s exactly what he said to me:
“That girl will snap if I take away her sight, when she finally gives up I’ll use my magic and put them back in… though I'm guessing she’ll be scared of things appearing in case they take her eyes”
Isn’t that guy a weirdo?? I don’t know whether I should feel sorry for the girl or scared for myself… an old point quit today, I know it doesn’t sound strange but he lives next to me and never came home. Then… the even scarier thing is that a new subject came in the day he quit. I'm not allowed to see the new subject.
Anyway, this is a file for 5142.
~
I just went into talk to her, she was shy and quiet. I got a perfect name for her and started calling her Fluttershy. She seemed ok with it telling me she couldn’t remember her name. I'm guessing she would be really cute if she had her eyes…


Twilight closed the file with eyes open wide. She looked at her friends, Pinkie had her hoofs in front of her face in fear and shock, AppleJack stood with mouth agape shaking her head like it wasn’t true. While Rarity and RainbowDash showed no emotion at all though it was obvious they were also shocked.

“Th-that can’t be the right Fluttershy… she would have told us about this… we’re her friends!!” Pinkie says grinning; Twilight shakes her head before pulling the diary out from where she had hidden it. She re-read the part of Fluttershy going crazy and killing everyone.

“I'm sorry Twilight for not believing you” Rarity said looking down upset with the news. Pinkie still wouldn’t believe it until RainbowDash snapped at her

“If you really want to make sure, hows about we go and look for the place then?!” she says annoyed. Everyone goes quiet before Twilight speaks up again.

“That’s a great idea RainbowDash, if we find it there may be more information on this ‘Poison Rose’” so everyone nods
before packing their belongings.

~~~~

“I know it’s sudden, but can you please look after Fluttershy’s place Spike, we’ll close the library until I'm back” Spike looks down annoyed before nodding,

“Ok, now take a note:”
“Dear princess Celestia,
I know this is very sudden, but I have to go on an urgent journey with my friends, I will fill you out on the details later. For now Spike will keep you informed, I will give him instructions to contact you for help in one week if I do not return. Please do not worry about me; I have the power of friendship to protect me and my friends.
Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.”

Spike looks up asking why she didn’t tell him about him sending a letter in a week, Twilight looks down to him and pats his
head,

“It’s just precaution Spike, don’t worry about it” she says before slinging her supplies over her back and trotting out to meet the rest of her friends.